ADVERTISEMENT

My take and thoughts

council

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Mar 18, 2003
As I have stated several times we have to go 4-0 in non-conference to have a shot at a bowl. Mark this one off. Very early but it looks like Rutgers and Purdue look like wins. Would love to find one more win because I would like to go into Purdue 6-5 vs 5-6 They are probably playing for Hazell's job that game. Thought our special teams outside of the onside kick was excellent. Offensive line is one of the best protecting Nate and opening holes for the running game. I agree with coach that we are not there yet but going in the right direction. Think the defense will improve and there is a load of talent on that side. Keep it going.

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
As I have stated several times we have to go 4-0 in non-conference to have a shot at a bowl. Mark this one off. Very early but it looks like Rutgers and Purdue look like wins. Would love to find one more win because I would like to go into Purdue 6-5 vs 5-6 They are probably playing for Hazell's job that game. Thought our special teams outside of the onside kick was excellent. Offensive line is one of the best protecting Nate and opening holes for the running game. I agree with coach that we are not there yet but going in the right direction. Think the defense will improve and there is a load of talent on that side. Keep it going.

We can play with or beat every team remaining on our schedule save Ohio State and Michigan State. I don't think we limp through conference at 2-6. I think we'll be favored at Purdue and vs. Rutgers. I think we'll be very slight underdogs against Iowa and Michigan. I don't see us being more than a touchdown dog at Penn State or Maryland. I think we go 3-5 but absoutley have the ability to go 4-4. Don't sleep on us. We're hungry.

Reactions: MyTeamIsOnTheFloor
We can play with or beat every team remaining on our schedule save Ohio State and Michigan State. I don't think we limp through conference at 2-6. I think we'll be favored at Purdue and vs. Rutgers. I think we'll be very slight underdogs against Iowa and Michigan. I don't see us being more than a touchdown dog at Penn State or Maryland. I think we go 3-5 but absoutley have the ability to go 4-4. Don't sleep on us. We're hungry.

Michigan is tough to tell, they at least appear to be improving greatly, and we could end up being more than slight underdogs

Also, the way Maryland is playing, we might be favored in that game

UM is looking not just good but really good. They've given up only 2 TD's in 3 games, all legitimate opponents. Oregon State, UNLV and a ranked BYU team. Those are all 3 opponents probably better than anyone IU has faced. Their only loss was a close game on the road at Utah who just smoked Oregon. I agree it's still early but UM is starting to look scary good.

Reactions: HOOS13R
UM is looking not just good but really good. They've given up only 2 TD's in 3 games, all legitimate opponents. Oregon State, UNLV and a ranked BYU team. Those are all 3 opponents probably better than anyone IU has faced. Their only loss was a close game on the road at Utah who just smoked Oregon. I agree it's still early but UM is starting to look scary good.

BYU is a legitimate team, but Oregon st and unlv are pretty bad. I'd say wku and wake are better than those two. FIU might be better than unlv too. Either way, Michigan is looking good

Even if thats the case (and it very well may be), they still shut them down to a tune of 4.6pts/game. 3 games of that is a lot of evidence towards talent.

BYU is a legitimate team, but Oregon st and unlv are pretty bad. I'd say wku and wake are better than those two. FIU might be better than unlv too. Either way, Michigan is looking good
Oregon State is better than any team IU has played. Riley left Andersen a pretty solid roster.

Even if thats the case (and it very well may be), they still shut them down to a tune of 4.6pts/game. 3 games of that is a lot of evidence towards talent.

Definitely agree that the way Michigan is playing says a lot more than who they have beat. Just impressive. thats why I said we will likely be more than slight underdogs

Michigan won't strain our defense. Their offense will go straight at our defenses strength. That's why I think we have a decent chance.

I don't know why a lot of people are putting Rutgers in the W column so soon. Their administration and coaches are a mess and they have lost players to arrests, but they still have some talented running backs and players at other positions. Granted they got beat at PSU, but when was the last time IU won at PSU? The other loss was by 3 points to Washington State which has a very good passing attack. That would be a tough match up for IU. Given that the RU game is at IU we should win, but I think it will be a very close game.

I don't know why a lot of people are putting Rutgers in the W column so soon. Their administration and coaches are a mess and they have lost players to arrests, but they still have some talented running backs and players at other positions. Granted they got beat at PSU, but when was the last time IU won at PSU? The other loss was by 3 points to Washington State which has a very good passing attack. That would be a tough match up for IU. Given that the RU game is at IU we should win, but I think it will be a very close game.
Washington State lost to Portland State and really hasn't looked good at all this year.

Rutgers is BAD. We're at home. It's Homecoming.

Washington State lost to Portland State and really hasn't looked good at all this year.

Rutgers has had all the off-the-field problems, but they still have plenty of good players, and I think would beat say, Wake Forest.

I think what will define this season is if we can manage to win three of our four conference home games, giving us a chance at 7-5, which while only one game, is a world of difference in perception than 6-6. Iowa and Rutgers, but then Michigan? I don't know, the way Michigan is playing they may make a run for the division.

I've been watching IU football too long to take any team for granted. Remember Nicholls State (almost beat us) and Southern Illinois (did beat us)? Ball State took NU to the wire, Middle Tennessee should have beaten Illinois and Minnesota got a gift call to nip Ohio U.. I agree that we should beat RU, but I just wouldn't count that as a probable win yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT