ADVERTISEMENT

My Pillow and I.U.

No martial law then....

giphy.gif

Reactions: iuwclurker
We have a couple my pillows and like them a lot. I broke the law and cut off the tags so no one would know.

Reactions: UncleMark
Several months ago, I saw My Pillow advertising on various IU web pages. I didn't like it at the time, because its CEO (Mike Lindell) is a blind Trump supporter. However, I haven't been able to get that advertising to pop up today. Has anyone else seen My Pillow advertising on the IU web pages?

Should we care what advertising IU accepts?
Hell yes. It amounts to at least a partial endorsement. Here's why I'm raising this today:

Axios: "Mike Lindell moves the goalposts on a run for Minnesota governor"
Appears he is backing away from his eagerness to run for Governor as he continues his devotion to Trump's election conspiracy theories. He said, "Why would anybody want to run if they had the same machines with the election fraud?"
Crazy man

That's not what I said. Go to iuhoosiers.com.
It's Google AdSense. IU hasn't accepted money directly from My Pillow or any of the other companies that are showing up on the website.

Way oversimplified version: Websites make the real estate available and Google handles the ad traffic while paying the website owner for every impression (view) and interaction (click). The website owner can choose what type of content to exclude, but "companies with former crack addict CEOs that support a particular politician" probably isn't on the list of categories. They'd have to see that particular advertisement and specifically block it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMark
What is it with the selective outrage from people like you and MTIOTF? Are you both really this ignorant of HISTORY?

Is this like when you broke all your Dixie Chicks records? You REALLY believe that "boycotts" are a tool that people on the Left invented? How old are you?

Next, you'll be telling us that the shooting of Steve Scalise (while regrettable) is somehow the premier example of political violence in the 21st Century. Gabby Giffords says hi...

"On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabby Giffords and 18 others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people died, including federal District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Giffords' staffers; and a 9-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green.[7][8][9][10][11] Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner", in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people.[8][9] One additional person was injured in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.[12] News reports identified the target of the attack to be Giffords, a Democrat representing Arizona's 8th congressional district.[8] She was shot through the head at point-blank range, and her medical condition was initially described as "critical".[8][9]

Loughner, a 22-year-old Tucson man who was fixated on Giffords, was arrested at the scene.[13] Federal prosecutors filed five charges against him, including the attempted assassination of a member of Congress and the assassination of a federal judge.[10][14][15] Loughner previously had been arrested once (but not convicted) on a minor drug charge[16] and had been suspended by his college for disruptive behavior. Court filings include notes handwritten by Loughner indicating he planned to assassinate Giffords.[14] Loughner did not cooperate with authorities, invoking his right to remain silent.[9] He was held without bail and indicted on 49 counts. In January 2012, Loughner was found by a federal judge to be incompetent to stand trial based on two medical evaluations, which diagnosed him with paranoid schizophrenia.[17] On August 7, Loughner had a hearing in which he was judged competent. He pleaded guilty to 19 counts, and in November 2012 was sentenced to life in prison.

Following the shooting, American and international politicians expressed grief and condemnations. Gun control advocates pushed for increased restrictions on the sale of firearms and ammunition, specifically high-capacity magazines.[18] Some commentators criticized the use of harsh political rhetoric in the United States, with a number blaming the political right wing for the shooting. In particular, Sarah Palin was criticized for a poster by her political action committee that featured stylized crosshairs on an electoral map which included Giffords. Palin rejected claims that she bore any responsibility for the shooting."
Tl;dr

Reactions: DANC
lord knows I don’t support the religiousness of CFA, but I’ll be damned if I pass up their service and food for any alternative.
Chick-Fil-A has to be the most popular fast food place in town. Whenever I drive by they have three rows of cars around the building and a line of cars turning into the parking lot as well. They really keep those cars moving through too. I've stopped to get something there a couple of times and I was amazed at their process, efficiency and friendliness. They've got it going on for sure. The chicken sandwich is pretty darn good too. Not a fan of their fries though.

Chick-Fil-A has to be the most popular fast food place in town. Whenever I drive by they have three rows of cars around the building and a line of cars turning into the parking lot as well. They really keep those cars moving through too. I've stopped to get something there a couple of times and I was amazed at their process, efficiency and friendliness. They've got it going on for sure. The chicken sandwich is pretty darn good too. Not a fan of their fries though.

Agree on all counts. I enjoy the Chicken Tortilla (actually white meat chicken) soup and their Market Salad. I cannot stand the equivalents from other fast food places. And the options for kids are actually relatively healthy.

Whichever team designed their systems should seriously be helping with vaccine deployment, because all that stuff is best in class.

I can order on the app, put in my car description, pull in a space, put in the parking space on the app and they bring the food out to me and the app notifies me when the food is ready/on the way out. It comes out fresh and hasn't been sitting on a shelf forever.

When their drive-thru speaker has issues they have all the gear to have employees out on tablets taking orders and exchanging money in the drive-thru.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Whichever team designed their systems should seriously be helping with vaccine deployment, because all that stuff is best in class.

I can order on the app, put in my car description, pull in a space, put in the parking space on the app and they bring the food out to me and the app notifies me when the food is ready/on the way out. It comes out fresh and hasn't been sitting on a shelf forever.

When their drive-thru speaker has issues they have all the gear to have employees out on tablets taking orders and exchanging money in the drive-thru.
Here's a story you'll appreciate:

ADVERTISEMENT