ADVERTISEMENT

my life's dream is to see "coach" k go down in flames

coachv jr

Senior
Feb 4, 2004
after seeing rj barrett's latest interview i am more convinced than ever that "coach" k has been running a crooked program for a long time. i grew up thinking he was one guy doing it the right way, above it all. but i was naive and foolish. barrett said he thinks college players should get paid because "college can't do nothin' for you". zion wanted a job, cash, and free housing for his family in order to commit. this was in a recorded conversation between merle code and kansas assistant coach townsend. townsend said they could make it happen to get zion for 10 months. of course, there is the duke player years ago buying $110,000 in jewelry in a manhattan store. and he plunked down $30k in cash. and was still playing at duke. how much money must you have to have $30k in disposable income? that player ended up being sued by the jewelry store for not paying the balance. i don't believe for a second the ncaa will ever go after duke. or kansas for that matter. but seeing "coach" k slink away in disgrace, his legacy tarnished beyond redemption, afraid to show his sneaky rat face in public, would put a smile on my face.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
after seeing rj barrett's latest interview i am more convinced than ever that "coach" k has been running a crooked program for a long time. i grew up thinking he was one guy doing it the right way, above it all. but i was naive and foolish. barrett said he thinks college players should get paid because "college can't do nothin' for you". zion wanted a job, cash, and free housing for his family in order to commit. this was in a recorded conversation between merle code and kansas assistant coach townsend. townsend said they could make it happen to get zion for 10 months. of course, there is the duke player years ago buying $110,000 in jewelry in a manhattan store. and he plunked down $30k in cash. and was still playing at duke. how much money must you have to have $30k in disposable income? that player ended up being sued by the jewelry store for not paying the balance. i don't believe for a second the ncaa will ever go after duke. or kansas for that matter. but seeing "coach" k slink away in disgrace, his legacy tarnished beyond redemption, afraid to show his sneaky rat face in public, would put a smile on my face.

Your life's dream is to see a college basketball coach go down in flames? Geez, here's me hoping my kids grow healthy and live long and prosperous lives.

Your life's dream is to see a college basketball coach go down in flames? Geez, here's me hoping my kids grow healthy and live long and prosperous lives.
I don’t take what he said literally. I agree though, I think that program is crooked. The Zion situation alone is a strong indicator. I wonder what Knight would say about that?

I don’t take what he said literally. I agree though, I think that program is crooked. The Zion situation alone is a strong indicator. I wonder what Knight would say about that?

Yeah I didn’t think he was literally serious either, hence my sarcasm (or maybe not), but there’s entirely way too many posts already on this forum about the FBI probe.

I encourage everyone to post documentation as in articles that are linked—for all of this negative stuff thrown here at Coach Krzyżewski. Should be easy enough.

Is your keyboard missing the shift key? That’s very hard to read.

Yeah I didn’t think he was literally serious either, hence my sarcasm (or maybe not), but there’s entirely way too many posts already on this forum about the FBI probe.
the rj barrett interview is new. if you are weary of reading about the fbi probe and subsequent ncaa investigation, why not choose not to read them? there are many childish bickering and name-calling threads you can indulge in

the rj barrett interview is new. if you are weary of reading about the fbi probe and subsequent ncaa investigation, why not choose not to read them? there are many childish bickering and name-calling threads you can indulge in

I'm sorry, did I insult you or call you a name?

Barrett is right if he is just thinking about playing basketball. College really can't do anything for him. College also can't do anything for people who have these stupid degrees where they can't get a job. If you get a bachelors in literature then what marketable skills do you have? Now if you get an engineering degree then you have a shot. I did not remember the story about the jewelry store. Can you or anyone else remember who that was?

Barrett is right if he is just thinking about playing basketball. College really can't do anything for him. College also can't do anything for people who have these stupid degrees where they can't get a job. If you get a bachelors in literature then what marketable skills do you have? Now if you get an engineering degree then you have a shot. I did not remember the story about the jewelry store. Can you or anyone else remember who that was?
i think his name was henderson

lance thomas. it's on the google

I encourage everyone to post documentation as in articles that are linked—for all of this negative stuff thrown here at Coach Krzyżewski. Should be easy enough.
It's not documentation but Zion being offered money at Kansas but ending up at Duke hints of improprieties.

Reactions: ufo33
Coach K has possibly been cheatin' his a$$ off in recruiting with shady agent/handlers and ties to Big Shoe by even out-recruiting Calipari. But he is the USA Olympic coach, and Dukie V's favorite coach, so he is untouchable by the NCAA and the news media.
Duke, UNC, NC State basketball players named in FBI investigation documents, says Yahoo report | Raleigh News & Observer
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/article201728204.html

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT