ADVERTISEMENT

My IU commitment dream sheet

Tokyo Steve

Junior
Sep 5, 2001
Notes:
  • I arbitrarily chose 25 as a round-number class size for this list.
  • Numbers 1 and 2, Turner and McCullough, have already committed.
  • Numbers 3 - 25 all have OVs scheduled to Bloomington in June, and I have listed them in order of highest preference (mine).
  • I would move Darrius Clemons and Kaytron Allen to the very top of the list if they scheduled OVs to Bloomington. Both communicate with Dasan McCullough and have received IU offers. I would move Caden Curry to between Nyjalik Kelly and Joe Strickland if he scheduled an OV to Bloomington.
  1. Arkansas LB Kaiden Turner
  2. Indiana OLB Dasan McCullough
  3. Florida CB Trevell Mullen
  4. Florida CB Jacolby Spells
  5. Florida Bull Nyjalik Kelly
  6. Indiana DE Joe Strickland
  7. Indiana WR Omar Cooper
  8. Florida WR Greg Gaines
  9. Florida LB Travious Lathan
  10. Florida SDE Zane Durant
  11. Florida DT Jamari Lyons
  12. New York DT Kaleb Artis
  13. Indiana OL Demon “DJ” Moore
  14. Georgia OT Tyler Gibson
  15. Florida Bull Richard Thomas
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley
  17. Tennessee ATH Anthony Brown
  18. Kansas ATH Jaren Kanak
  19. Tennessee CB Jaylen Lewis
  20. Florida RB Jaylon Glover
  21. Kansas DT Jalen Marshall
  22. Florida WR Shawn Miller
  23. Florida LB Edwin Kolenge
  24. Florida CB James Monds
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller
  • Indiana SDE Caden Curry
  • Oregon WR Darrius Clemons
  • Florida RB Kaytron Allen

Notes:
  • Numbers 3 - 25 all have OVs scheduled to Bloomington in June, and I have listed them in order of highest preference (mine).
  • I would move Darrius Clemons and Kaytron Allen to the very top of the list if they scheduled OVs to Bloomington. Both communicate with Dasan McCullough and have received IU offers. I would move Caden Curry to between Nyjalik Kelly and Joe Strickland if he scheduled an OV to Bloomington.
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller

Thanks for that... Nice Work...

I'd put Curry and Allen (RB) up near the top of mine too and perhaps tweak the rest of the order a bit but that looks like a really good group... As always..., they'll be a couple of guys we've never seen publicized that'll pop up near the end of things...

Here's a somewhat new name at WR whose short list we just made:

Thanks for that... Nice Work...

I'd put Curry and Allen (RB) up near the top of mine too and perhaps tweak the rest of the order a bit but that looks like a really good group... As always..., they'll be a couple of guys we've never seen publicized that'll pop up near the end of things...

Here's a somewhat new name at WR whose short list we just made:

I like McIntosh, too, but didn't include him because he hasn't set an OV to IU yet. He's got a Bryson Bonds sort of offer list (mixture of service academy and Ivy League), which I like to see in a guy or two each year, but it looks like the main two competitors will be Wisconsin and Iowa.

Notes:
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller
Nice shopping list.

Notes:
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller

What have you seen/heard about visits from Glover, Brown, and Kanak? I have not seen their names as official visitors.

Also, there are 4 guys who are scheduled to visit, according to Peegs, who you don't list: Trey Brown, LB from FL, Cam Robertson, DE from TX, Makhi Mason, ILB from FL, and Gabe Burkle, TE from Iowa.

Last edited:
Is it safe to say that this signing class will go down in the highest ranked recruiting class of all time at IUFB? It really is awesome to see what CTA has created right in front of our eyes. #LEO

I think any random 7-10 of those listed, in addition to the 2 already committed, which would seem to be a realistic #, would be the backbone of the best recruiting class we've ever had.

What have you seen/heard about visits from Glover, Brown, and Kanak? I have not seen their names as official visitors.

Also, there are 4 guys who are scheduled to visit, according to Peegs, who you don't list: Trey Brown, LB from FL, Cam Robertson, DE from TX, Makhi Mason, ILB from FL, and Gabe Burkle, TE from Iowa.
I reviewed my notes and found that you are correct. So, I will remove Glover, A. Brown and Kanak from my list and add Burkle, Mason and T. Brown to fill in the numbers 23 to 25.

Thanks for the correction!

Reactions: 76-1
I think any random 7-10 of those listed, in addition to the 2 already committed, which would seem to be a realistic #, would be the backbone of the best recruiting class we've ever had.
You need to add Alston a RB 4* 2022 from GA who is very good for IU to get, that likes coming to play for coach McCollough. I hope he comes to IU because he is very good and good size.

I reviewed my notes and found that you are correct. So, I will remove Glover, A. Brown and Kanak from my list and add Burkle, Mason and T. Brown to fill in the numbers 23 to 25.

Thanks for the correction!

The problem you'll run into is we aren't taking 3 tight ends in this class, so we're not taking Foley, Miller and Burkle.

Not everyone we bring in for visits are always automatic takes.

You're also missing a quarterback, which we're almost certainly taking.

The problem you'll run into is we aren't taking 3 tight ends in this class, so we're not taking Foley, Miller and Burkle.

Wouldn’t a few of the TE’s possibly be to convert to a Tackle?

Reactions: vesuvius13

This list is merely an ordering of my preference from among the recruits who have set up OVs to Bloomington. I would guess that IU will take two tight ends. Of the three coming on OVs, I would like Foley best. As for the second TE, if I were to include players who have not set up an OV, I would list McIntosh, who is listed as a WR but I believe IU is one of the schools recruiting him as a TE.
I also did not list a QB because I am not aware of one who has set up an OV to Bloomington yet. Hoover or Mascoe would seem to be the most likely bet. Kinda hard to recruit to IU's stacked QB room right now.

You need to add Alston a RB 4* 2022 from GA who is very good for IU to get, that likes coming to play for coach McCollough. I hope he comes to IU because he is very good and good size.
Alston I would give a bullet point at the bottom with Kaytron Allen and others who have not set up OVs to IU.

This list is merely an ordering of my preference from among the recruits who have set up OVs to Bloomington. I would guess that IU will take two tight ends. Of the three coming on OVs, I would like Foley best. As for the second TE, if I were to include players who have not set up an OV, I would list McIntosh, who is listed as a WR but I believe IU is one of the schools recruiting him as a TE.
I also did not list a QB because I am not aware of one who has set up an OV to Bloomington yet. Hoover or Mascoe would seem to be the most likely bet. Kinda hard to recruit to IU's stacked QB room right now.

Gotcha.

Didn't realize you were doing it based solely off of kids who have scheduled official visits only.

Kinda hard to recruit to IU's stacked QB room right now.
At least we're getting things spaced out with the classes now, which might end up making it easier. That bonus COVID year was a blessing in that way.

Last year we had 2 RS-So & a true FR. 2021 will have:
Tr. FR: McCulley
RS-FR: Dexter
RS-JR: Tuttle (although I'd still classify him as a RS-SO if I had my druthers)
RS-JR: Penix (could classify him as a RS-SO if we wanted but not necessary)

Might actually be somewhat easier to get a QB each year now, let them spend a year or two in the program to see if they want to stick it out or move on and keep reloading hoping someone separates himself.

At least we're getting things spaced out with the classes now, which might end up making it easier. That bonus COVID year was a blessing in that way.

Last year we had 2 RS-So & a true FR. 2021 will have:
Tr. FR: McCulley
RS-FR: Dexter
RS-JR: Tuttle (although I'd still classify him as a RS-SO if I had my druthers)
RS-JR: Penix (could classify him as a RS-SO if we wanted but not necessary)

Might actually be somewhat easier to get a QB each year now, let them spend a year or two in the program to see if they want to stick it out or move on and keep reloading hoping someone separates himself.
Would love to get to the point where there is one QB addition each year. Currently both Penix and Tuttle have used their red-shirt year and have three years of eligibility remaining, and McCulley and Williams both have a red-shirt year available to them and have all four years of eligibility remaining.

I made a copy of IUninethree's chart with this info earlier this year and find it to be by far the easiest way to visualize IU's roster over the next few years.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Would love to get to the point where there is one QB addition each year. Currently both Penix and Tuttle have used their red-shirt year and have three years of eligibility remaining, and McCulley and Williams both have a red-shirt year available to them and have all four years of eligibility remaining.

I made a copy of IUninethree's chart with this info earlier this year and find it to be by far the easiest way to visualize IU's roster over the next few years.
Do we know yet how IU is going to address the free year as far as how they're classifying players? Like, are they going to keep everyone at the class they were in last season, "promote" all, or a mix?

Do we know yet how IU is going to address the free year as far as how they're classifying players? Like, are they going to keep everyone at the class they were in last season, "promote" all, or a mix?
Amidst the confusion this spring, the official roster was listed with the "redshirt" part of players' status removed. As of today there still are no redshirt years noted, with the lone exception of Deland McCullough II being listed as a redshirt freshman (not aware of the reason for the exception). There are a number of upperclassmen that I think could be 50-50 whether they return to play in 2022. The following players are among those that I personally would like to see return in 2022.
  • Demarcus Elliott
  • Bryant Fitzgerald
  • Luke Haggard
  • Cam Jones (but he might declare for the draft if he makes All B1G)
  • Dylan Powell (more likely if this year he plays center rather than guard, in my opinion)
  • one or two of Reese Taylor, Jaylin Williams and Tiawan Mullen

Notes:
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller

Your #17 on your original list, Anthony Brown, is now scheduled to visit on 6/25, the same date as the LB, Tray Brown. There'a another Brown we're recruiting, Camden, who is a talented WR. No relationships among the theee.

Time to update the dream sheet. got a few of them and lost a few
Well, since you brought it up . . . and adding Caden Curry and Gi'Bran Payne because they are interested enough to be making unofficial visits later this month . . . my updated wish list would include the following
  • Nyjalik Kelly (has an OV to FSU during a game in September but I think we've got a shot)
  • Caden Curry (I now think we'll get one of his five OVs this fall)
  • Gi'Bran Payne (Coach McCullough might be able to get this guy who kinda got lost in the noise)
  • Joe Strickland (feels like it's coming down to faith in Coach Hagen getting things going at PU or joining an IU D that clearly is on the upswing)
  • Jamari Lyons (Has U of Florida already addressed all their D line needs?)
  • Alfonzo Allen (Is ASU going to be sanctioned and, if so, was the Allen recruitment an issue leading to that sanctioning?)
  • Anthony Brown (feels like we still have a shot, if he's not dead-set on playing with Lewis)

4. Florida CB Jacolby Spells (West Virginia)
  5. Florida Bull Nyjalik Kelly ⬅️➡️
  6. Indiana DE Joe Strickland ⬆️
  8. Florida WR Greg Gaines (Iowa St)
  9. Florida LB Travious Lathan ⬇️
  10. Florida SDE Zane Durant (Penn St)
  11. Florida DT Jamari Lyons ⬅️➡️
  12. New York DT Kaleb Artis (Penn St)
  14. Georgia OT Tyler Gibson (Georgia Tech)
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley (Tennessee)
  17. Tennessee ATH Anthony Brown ⬅️➡️
  18. Kansas ATH Jaren Kanak ⬇️
  19. Tennessee CB Jaylen Lewis Arkansas
  20. Florida RB Jaylon Glover ⬇️
  21. Kansas DT Jalen Marshall Missouri
  22. Florida WR Shawn Miller ⬇️
  23. Florida LB Edwin Kolenge Boston College
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller
  26. Indiana SDE Caden Curry ⬆️
  27. Oregon WR Darrius Clemons ⬇️
  28. Florida RB Kaytron Allen Penn St
  29. Ohio RB Gi'Bran Payne ⬆️
  30. Florida DB Alfonzo Allen Arizona St
How'd I do?

Solid amount of red on there and even in loss, it sure feels like a huge change with the names of the schools we lost out to. Feels good man.

4. Florida CB Jacolby Spells (West Virginia)
  5. Florida Bull Nyjalik Kelly ⬅️➡️
  6. Indiana DE Joe Strickland ⬆️
  8. Florida WR Greg Gaines (Iowa St)
  9. Florida LB Travious Lathan ⬇️
  10. Florida SDE Zane Durant (Penn St)
  11. Florida DT Jamari Lyons ⬅️➡️
  12. New York DT Kaleb Artis (Penn St)
  14. Georgia OT Tyler Gibson (Georgia Tech)
  16. Ohio TE Brody Foley (Tennessee)
  17. Tennessee ATH Anthony Brown ⬅️➡️
  18. Kansas ATH Jaren Kanak ⬇️
  19. Tennessee CB Jaylen Lewis Arkansas
  20. Florida RB Jaylon Glover ⬇️
  21. Kansas DT Jalen Marshall Missouri
  22. Florida WR Shawn Miller ⬇️
  23. Florida LB Edwin Kolenge Boston College
  25. Ohio TE Ryan Miller
  26. Indiana SDE Caden Curry ⬆️
  27. Oregon WR Darrius Clemons ⬇️
  28. Florida RB Kaytron Allen Penn St
  29. Ohio RB Gi'Bran Payne ⬆️
  30. Florida DB Alfonzo Allen Arizona St
How'd I do?

Solid amount of red on there and even in loss, it sure feels like a huge change with the names of the schools we lost out to. Feels good man.
Very nice! You nailed it!

And if my original list had been more accurate in the first place, IU's recruiting success rate would look even better. Messrs. Glover and Kanak never scheduled OVs to IU; therefore, they should have never been on my list. Also, I believe that Messrs. Gibson and Foley cancelled their OVs to IU when they realized they were pretty far down IU's wish list. I saw posted on TOS that Shawn Miller ultimately was not a "take."

Last edited:
Another phenomenon we're not used to seeing: IU taking a pass on kids who then commit to a backup-plan Power Five school.
  • OL Livingston (West Virginia)
  • OL Fries (Illinois)
  • OL Gibson (Georgia Tech)
  • TE/WR McIntosh (Wisconsin)
  • WR Miller (Illinois)

Another phenomenon we're not used to seeing: IU taking a pass on kids who then commit to a backup-plan Power Five school.
  • OL Livingston (West Virginia)
  • OL Fries (Illinois)
  • OL Gibson (Georgia Tech)
  • TE/WR McIntosh (Wisconsin)
  • WR Miller (Illinois)
Strickland is likely Purdue bound. Too many PU connections + Hagan. Would be surprised if it isn’t them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT