ADVERTISEMENT

Musselman - Indy Star Article

IUHoopster

Junior
Dec 21, 2001
Southern Indiana
Indiana's new men's basketball coach should come from Arkansas (indystar.com)

Musselman is "a coach that allows you the freedom, who allows you to play basketball," he added. "The main thing, honestly, is just confidence. I think the way we prepare and we practice allows all of us as individuals to have confidence."

And if overlooked for much of the regular season even inside the SEC, where most national attention was devoted to Nate Oats and Alabama, Musselman's team is strong across the board: seventh nationally in scoring offense, 43rd in made 3s, fourth in blocks, ninth in rebounds and seventh in steals, to name a few.

Musselman COULD be here what is at Arkansas, but he could also be like another Nevada coach who had a 70% winning percentage, took them to the NCAA tournament multiple years in a row, took a floundering SEC program to the NCAA tournament his second season there, and then fizzled out, Mark Fox.

Musselman COULD be here what is at Arkansas, but he could also be like another Nevada coach who had a 70% winning percentage, took them to the NCAA tournament multiple years in a row, took a floundering SEC program to the NCAA tournament his second season there, and then fizzled out, Mark Fox.

Musselman also has NBA experience too. Head coach of Sacramento and Golden State. Assistant at a few stops. No one is a sure thing, but he has a serious resume. He’d be a decent catch.

We honestly have no idea what IU has/hasn't done with Beard. And unless IU winds up hiring him, we probably never will.

Beard is the next best option after Stevens. It would be criminally negligent for IU not to contact him. If you can’t land Beard go with an IU guy like Woodson. Musselman will disappoint...

Reactions: BHAII and 76-1
Beard is the next best option after Stevens. It would be criminally negligent for IU not to contact him. If you can’t land Beard go with an IU guy like Woodson. Musselman will disappoint...

I was just pointing out that we don't know if Beard has been contacted or not. If he has, we'll find out in due course when the hire is announced.

Fox was at UGA .... Thats a dead end job for anyone... like the current coach

I was just pointing out that we don't know if Beard has been contacted or not. If he has, we'll find out in due course when the hire is announced.

True.

Even those that have reportedly been contacted, we don’t know exactly what that means.

Right now it’s almost impossible to know where things stand. I’m not sure that Dolson knows. Maybe there’s people he is waiting to talk to? Maybe there are people he’s spoken with and he thinks he knows exactly where he stands with them, but he may not.

As fans we need a BS detector. So does IU, imho.

Reactions: MinnHoosier
N
Fox was at UGA .... Thats a dead end job for anyone... like the current coach
Not going to argue Georgia isn't a easy place to be successful, but I'm sure people were saying the same thing about Rutgers, and look what Pikiell's done the last couple of seasons. Or Wisconsin before Dick Bennett went there. They went 47 years between NCAA tournament appearences and had an above .500 record in only 5 of those years.

Last edited:
You guys are seriously gonna do it again aren't you, take the shiny new toy..........Have you not learned by now.

Musselman is a star. I wanted him at Louisville when the Cards hired Chris Mack (who I was fine with and still am fine with, by the way). I'd take him and run. I'd take silence as a good sign - he has a Final Four to get to and a smoke show of a wife laying around on the couch waiting for him at home to congratulate him, he's got other stuff to do at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleter and Seyton
You do realize there is only a 6 or 7 year difference between Mussleman and Woodson....................Eric is no spring chicken jusssssss saying

Musselman was born in 1964. I dont think he has one foot in the grave. I’ll take my chances with him. He’s on a roll.
I understand but it's not like there is a 20 year difference. Wow 63 one foot in the grave, how old are you 25.

You do realize there is only a 6 or 7 year difference between Mussleman and Woodson....................Eric is no spring chicken jusssssss saying

He's young enough to take care of the needs of this queen. Apparently he can recruit. I don't think this is something you need to worry about.

1532531880_danyelle-sargent.jpg

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
True.

Even those that have reportedly been contacted, we don’t know exactly what that means.

Right now it’s almost impossible to know where things stand. I’m not sure that Dolson knows. Maybe there’s people he is waiting to talk to? Maybe there are people he’s spoken with and he thinks he knows exactly where he stands with them, but he may not.

As fans we need a BS detector. So does IU, imho.
Musselman is 56 years old...and has had a reported 21 coaching stops. Simple math means...this guy lives out of a suitcase...when he's not canoodling with that extremely hot wife of his. 21? That is excessive by any standard. No thanks.

Musselman is 56 years old...and has had a reported 21 coaching stops. Simple math means...this guy lives out of a suitcase...when he's not canoodling with that extremely hot wife of his. 21? That is excessive by any standard. No thanks.
You don’t like winners?

Indiana's new men's basketball coach should come from Arkansas (indystar.com)

Musselman is "a coach that allows you the freedom, who allows you to play basketball," he added. "The main thing, honestly, is just confidence. I think the way we prepare and we practice allows all of us as individuals to have confidence."

And if overlooked for much of the regular season even inside the SEC, where most national attention was devoted to Nate Oats and Alabama, Musselman's team is strong across the board: seventh nationally in scoring offense, 43rd in made 3s, fourth in blocks, ninth in rebounds and seventh in steals, to name a few.
No news or leaks from IU, so he could be their target for all we know. Why no announcement yet if it’s not a coach who’s team is still playing?

Reactions: uncleter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT