ADVERTISEMENT

MSU/Mel Tucker/Jason Harris/IU

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
With Mel Tucker emerging as a leading candidate at MSU, would we get another crack at Jason Harris? Seems like a player we'd have room for no matter the circumstance.

I see Tucker flipped a previously committed 4* DB from PU. Are you going after him? Or will he follow Tucker to MSU?

He is David Blough’s brother-in-law so I guess it could go either way if he remains in Detroit.

We got our defensive end in Mayala.

We're also holding a spot for Swann on the d-line. I believe after Swann, we're done on the defensive line for this cycle.

Plus, I'll be shocked if the hire at MSU isn't Fickell.

We're also holding a spot for Swann on the d-line. I believe after Swann, we're done on the defensive line for this cycle.

He'd be crazy to go there, with the NCAA breathing down MSU's neck.

Cincinnati has to be the easiest coaching job in the United States. In the middle of football country and city, they can get O$U rejects and players in their own back yard. They play an easy schedule, so a decent record gets them in the top 25.

Another successful year at UC and he could maybe get the USC job or a better job than MSU.

But money talks.

I was wrong on Fickell so maybe I could be wrong about Harris?

This is recruiting. You never know.

Reactions: 76-1 and red hornet
The new assistant’s pool at MSU is $6 million plus which will soak up some very talented coaches/recruiters who could be looking at raises of $2-3 hundred thousand more per year depending in his he allocates his available funds. Look for $1 million coordinators.
He should be able to attract quality assistant coaches with that money, but not a guarantee.
Harbaugh threw a million a year down the drain to have Pep Hamilton as the passing game coordinator and they still couldn't move the ball for a couple of years.

He should be able to attract quality assistant coaches with that money, but not a guarantee.
Harbaugh threw a million a year down the drain to have Pep Hamilton as the passing game coordinator and they still couldn't move the ball for a couple of years.
And Pep is now coaching in the XFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT