ADVERTISEMENT

Mrs Eppy had her car broken into tonight outside of LA Fitness.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
Took her purse which was underneath the seat. Apparently it's not any safer inside the locker room there either. So we canceled all the credit cards and have to get a new ID tomorrow. Am I missing anything we should do to protect ourselves? There weren't any house keys inside the purse.

That sucks.

Sorry about that. Is the garage door opener missing? Anything else? I'd think the police would have some standard advice for you. Notify your bank obviously. Not sure what else you need to do but that's a good start.

That's the irony, she works downtown and gets robbed in Carmel*

nt

did she make sure the garage door opener was still in the car?

I have seen them take those along with other items then later go to the house. Not like they don't have the address or anything. Probably a fat chance of it happening but just a thought.

They did not take the opener and it looks like they only went for her purse

she had a computer inside the car too and they left that alone. Looks like they were only able to use her AMX card. They got gas at a BP station. I suppose that's the easiest way to use it since you don't have to sign and they had our zip code from the ID.

Why is the locker room so unsafe? I'm assuming you have to bring your

own lock for the lockers....so unless some chick is bringing in a huge bolt cutter to cut open locks in front of gym members, I'm not sure why it's more unsafe to bring keys/wallet inside and lock in locker.

Thieves know now that many gym goers keep their valuables out in their cars instead of taking them inside to gym...so I'd never leave anything I'd be afraid would be stolen in my car.

Bad part of Carmel.

The same mean streets that hatched Bloom.

Somebody got into our car last week

The only valuable things in the car were our child/baby seats, but they didn't take those. There wasn't really anything else valuable to take.

They did appear to spend a lot of time going through all the papers in our glove box. Maybe looking for SSNs or something, who knows.

I put fraud alerts out to the credit agencies. Not sure if that really does anything, but it only takes a few minutes.

Glad I'm getting the eff out of this place in 32 days (but who's counting?).

according to the gym locks aren't much of a deterrent either and the cop

Told my wife he makes frequent visits to this gym. Hmmm

If you want to shut things down completely, go ahead and

freeze your credit with the credit agencies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT