ADVERTISEMENT

Mrs. Clinton on NPR.

Even the best bourbon has that undertone of...well...hot and sweet...tastes like vomit, I don't know how else to put it.

But rye has that spicy, non-sickly flavor. Just a better way of doing booze, all-around.
I wouldn't say that about bourbon, but I do prefer rye.

I wouldn't say that about bourbon, but I do prefer rye.
I don't know there's a good single word for it, but bourbon does have that sickly-sweet undertone. I really think the lack of that flavor in rye and Scotch is why they are better in so many contexts. That sweetness just overpowers too many things.

I mean, good bourbon can still be excellent. I've posted before about the Jefferson's Presidential Select, which was the bottling of the last Stitzel-Weller batch, and that bourbon was, I'm sorry, f***ing awesome. I mean, just amazing. But overall, ignoring specifics, I'd still take rye over bourbon on balance, because it's more flexible, and less overpowering.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Besides being less sweet, it's also more versatile in cocktails. A proper rye-based Manhattan is a revelation.

And, of course, once you get into the habit of ordering sazeracs (assuming you can find a bar that does it right), you'll never order anything else.
My rye-based Manhattan has been described as "get-in-a-fight-later good."

A rye based Manhattan is a recipe handed down from God to Adam.

I noticed after I put the effort in to reply to your Christian-bashing with detail, you turned tail and disappeared. Too chickenshit to reply? Too much ego to admit you don't know what the f*** you are talking about? Lots of possibilities.

No, crybaby, I just haven't got to it yet. There are several active threads on here. I also had dinner. Is that ok with you, cupcake?

I have posts yanked non-stop, crybaby hypocrite.....and you all claim you didn't do it.
I deleted a lot of your posts last night. And they were all in response to posts that you reported from other posters (when I delete an offending post, I delete the replies). So, you really, really, need to not get all whiny and bitchy about that. I was doing what you asked.

I don't know there's a good single word for it, but bourbon does have that sickly-sweet undertone. I really think the lack of that flavor in rye and Scotch is why they are better in so many contexts. That sweetness just overpowers too many things.

I mean, good bourbon can still be excellent. I've posted before about the Jefferson's Presidential Select, which was the bottling of the last Stitzel-Weller batch, and that bourbon was, I'm sorry, f***ing awesome. I mean, just amazing. But overall, ignoring specifics, I'd still take rye over bourbon on balance, because it's more flexible, and less overpowering.
I mostly concur with that.

Whatever, IDGAFF. But can you contain your ranting to the one shitshow thread with Aloha? You don't need to projectile vomit over every discussion.

Me?

Ummmmmmmm, give your sob-fest lecture to Aloha who is stalking me in every thread with, "You're a loser who has sex with hookers and they laugh at you."

Moron.

You can't win elections disrespecting your base.

Trump did.

He actually admitted they are f-ing idiots when he bragged he could shoot someone, or say ANYTHING, and not lose any votes.

Heck, he called POW's losers yet most vets still supported him.

If Hillary or Obama had said that, they'd have been lynched on the White House lawn.

Me?

Ummmmmmmm, give your sob-fest lecture to Aloha who is stalking me in every thread with, "You're a loser who has sex with hookers and they laugh at you."

Moron.
Maybe you should understand when a 0-6 speaks maybe you should listen. It don't always make him right but he has earned the right. Educated and well trained.

Me?

Moron.

Well Aloha has been on here a very long time, and has shown himself to be a competent, rationale human being.

Cannot say the same about you, to date. You know you are really screwing the pooch when even your political allies are calling you a dipshit.

Back to the point. Russia has always tried to influence democratic elections. Nothing new. Israel has been a large influence in American elections for years.

Well Aloha has been on here a very long time, and has shown himself to be a competent, rationale human being.

Cannot say the same about you, to date. You know you are really screwing the pooch when even your political allies are calling you a dipshit.

What in the world does his "being here a long time" have to do with you ripping me for what HE is doing?

(rolleyes)

And to think you're ripping "me" for being a moron......

LOL!!

What in the world does his "being here a long time" have to do with you ripping me for what HE is doing?

(rolleyes)

And to think you're ripping "me" for being a moron......

LOL!!
What a person with even average intelligence might notice is that not a single person has supported you in even one thing you've posted. You are a 9/11 Truther, by definition you are an idiot. You are being treated as an idiot, because you are an idiot.

Reactions: dahldc

Aloha has been here a long time, and i've still never seen an intelligent post from him.

he's maybe the biggest stalker troll on the board.

Last edited:
Back to the point. If false news on Facebook changed the election we have two problems, the electorate is uneducated and incapable of keeping the republic and a unregulated internet is problematic. But what do I know I am a bourbon drinking E-8.

You have no respect for educated and well trained American Officers. Maybe you should serve and then you might understand my respect.

First off, why does his "being an officer" mean I "have to listen to him him and he's earned it".....especially on topics that have ZERO to do with the military?

Second, there are tons and tons and tons of complete scumbag officers.....from the "Christians" who are trying to ram their beliefs down others' throats to all the officers that look the other way, or participate in, the rampant rape in the military.

Or all the ones that covered up Tillman's death.

And all KINDS of other crap.

Get back to me if I ever call POW's losers like Trump did........

What a person with even average intelligence might notice is that not a single person has supported you in even one thing you've posted. .

Luckily for me, I don't base my self-worth/self-esteem on whether a bunch of guys on a message board respect me or not.......

It would obviously crush you.

Sad.

First off, why does his "being an officer" mean I "have to listen to him him and he's earned it".....especially on topics that have ZERO to do with the military?

Second, there are tons and tons and tons of complete scumbag officers.....from the "Christians" who are trying to ram their beliefs down others' throats to all the officers that look the other way, or participate in, the rampant rape in the military.

Or all the ones that covered up Tillman's death.

And all KINDS of other crap.

Get back to me if I ever call POW's losers like Trump did........
So you are a righty that lacks respect for military training continuing at every level. He graduated for the war College. Do you know how hard that is?

So you are a righty that lacks respect for military training continuing at every level. He graduated for the war College. Do you know how hard that is?

I am not a "Righty".......big difference between that and a Republican.

And, again, what the HELL does his being an "educated officer" have to do with me HAVING to listen to ANYTHING he says....especially when it doesn't involve the military?

There are lots and lots and LOTS of well educated people who are f-ing morons when it comes to "life issues."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT