ADVERTISEMENT

Mourning In America

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
George Conway/ Lincoln Project's new ad is devastating enough on content alone, and 5 MILLION have already viewed it since it was released yesterday. But I found his new twitter tag hilariously on target as well...

George Conway/ Lincoln Project's new ad is devastating enough on content alone, and 5 MILLION have already viewed it since it was released yesterday. But I found his new twitter tag hilariously on target as well...

I can't stand the guy, if only because he is married to Kellyanne. I don't think we've seen an objectively opportunistic pair as bad as this since Jim and Tammy Bakker.

Reactions: Digressions
How many people would have seen that video if not for Trump's tweet? Some have said he made a mistake making the video popular, I think it follows his usual belief that he doesn't care why his name is in the news so long as it is in the news.

George Conway is a must-follow on twitter. He speaks for an awful lot of fed up lifelong Republicans, including me.

Reactions: cosmickid
How many people would have seen that video if not for Trump's tweet? Some have said he made a mistake making the video popular, I think it follows his usual belief that he doesn't care why his name is in the news so long as it is in the news.

It may be too early to tell. But it's looking like this could be a disastrous PR week for Trump, and a series of events he may live to regret come November.

First the "Mourning In America" and his reaction where the imbecile who actually STOLE "Make America Great Again" FROM Reagan, once again proves that his understanding of English is about 3rd-grade level and that he never got to the part where they discussed homophones. No idea how he confused "Mourning" with "Morning"- maybe he should ask the "Noble Committee" (headed by George Conway) to explain it to him...

But this may be the kicker... At the same point where he has just given numerous interviews (including ABC and violating the sanctity and non-partisan spirit of the Lincoln Memorial) in which he admits his policies are going to result in MORE deaths, he tours a facemask factory in a BATTLEGROUND state (where a GOP Senator is in dire straits), maskless with "Live and Let Die" blaring from the PA...

Just keep this in mind... The ad writes itself...

Turns out the fact that he made the video viral (over 15 Million views and counting) is not the worst consequence to Trump from his unhinged attacks on LP. The LP actually enjoyed their BEST day of fundraising ever in response to Trump's attacks- they raised over $1 Million +. The best part... That revenue generated from Trump attacking them gives them $1 Million + seed money to keep making MORE anti-Trump videos...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lincoln-project-anti-trump-group-210831049.html

It was truly a huge mistake, but the kind Trump can't keep himself from making...he introduced millions of people to the Lincoln Project...

"They had a relatively small budget and are largely unknown by the general public, though their anti-Trump efforts have garnered some headlines.

Trump’s tweets launched them into a new stratosphere. Their videos typically receive several hundred thousand views; “Mourning in America” has been watched by more than 16 million people. Between Nov. 5 and March 31, the group raised under $2.6 million; in less than a week since the ad’s debut, they raised more than $2 million. The group plans to use the money to air the ad in Wisconsin, Florida, and Ohio this week." Tick Tock...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lashes-gop-critics-exponentially-133019955.html

It was truly a huge mistake, but the kind Trump can't keep himself from making...he introduced millions of people to the Lincoln Project...

"They had a relatively small budget and are largely unknown by the general public, though their anti-Trump efforts have garnered some headlines.

Trump’s tweets launched them into a new stratosphere. Their videos typically receive several hundred thousand views; “Mourning in America” has been watched by more than 16 million people. Between Nov. 5 and March 31, the group raised under $2.6 million; in less than a week since the ad’s debut, they raised more than $2 million. The group plans to use the money to air the ad in Wisconsin, Florida, and Ohio this week." Tick Tock...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-lashes-gop-critics-exponentially-133019955.html

They're back...No doubt using the $2 Million + in donations the Trump pub generated. Wonder how he'll react to this one, and Mourning running on tv in states like Ohio...

Can’t wait for the rage tweets tonight when President Obama takes over the airwaves. Going to be legendary.

I can't stand the guy, if only because he is married to Kellyanne. I don't think we've seen an objectively opportunistic pair as bad as this since Jim and Tammy Bakker.
Why do you think they are opportunities?
Has it ever occurred to you that they truly believe what they believe? Yes, in opposite way!
It is unusual, but that is what makes it more interesting. No?

As long as they keep pissing off Trump, they will. Every time he complains about them, they get a ton of donations.

New ad is running in Wiscy, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

I don’t know who their ad people are, but they push out really effective ads in short order. I wonder how well funded they are, because Bloomberg could kick down some big money to blanket the airwaves in the fall.

Reactions: UncleMark
I don’t know who their ad people are, but they push out really effective ads in short order. I wonder how well funded they are, because Bloomberg could kick down some big money to blanket the airwaves in the fall.
He pledged to spend what it took to beat Trump. He needs to make sure they have what they need, and then concentrate on down ballot races.

Reactions: Morrison
Interestingly, the Lincoln Project is also going after vulnerable GOP Senators.
I hadn't heard that. And yes, it's actually surprising to me. These guys are Republicans. I just assumed they wanted Trump gone but would be happy with divided government.

Then again, maybe they're taking a longer view and want to purge the party of all vestiges of Trump supporters as well. Burn it down, then rebuilt anew from the ashes.

I hadn't heard that. And yes, it's actually surprising to me. These guys are Republicans. I just assumed they wanted Trump gone but would be happy with divided government.

Then again, maybe they're taking a longer view and want to purge the party of all vestiges of Trump supporters as well. Burn it down, then rebuilt anew from the ashes.
If I had to guess, I'd say they are hedging their bets, figuring that, should Trump win reelection, the best check on his power would be an opposition Senate.

It is really just guesswork. But if Trump barely loses and they keep the Senate, there will be a thinking in the party that the party was on was right path.
Yeah, but it's probably pretty good guesswork. After all, there has to be something that connects Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, and Steve Daines, and it's certainly not their relationship to Trumpism. The one thing they do all have in common is that pesky "Toss-up" tag at Cook.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT