ADVERTISEMENT

Most of you really need to find something other than IU basketball

namnik

Senior
Dec 21, 2001
If you are this miserable following a basketball team, find another activity. Life is short, remove the perceived negatives in your life. Basketball is supposed to be fun, clearly this isn’t fun for many of you. This was a great win!! Leave it at that. Don’t say that Iowa was short handed or we got lucky. See it for what it is...we were struggling and pulled off a victory. Isn’t that really what happened? After a win our board looks like other teams forums after a loss. The excuses for a victory is astonishing. If you are miserable after a win, go find happiness doing something else.

If you are this miserable following a basketball team, find another activity. Life is short, remove the perceived negatives in your life. Basketball is supposed to be fun, clearly this isn’t fun for many of you. This was a great win!! Leave it at that. Don’t say that Iowa was short handed or we got lucky. See it for what it is...we were struggling and pulled off a victory. Isn’t that really what happened? After a win our board looks like other teams forums after a loss. The excuses for a victory is astonishing. If you are miserable after a win, go find happiness doing something else.
I had the "privilege" of sitting in front of a group from the Hickory barbershop last night. The level of ignorance of that group was exceeded only by their level of conviction that they really know the game. It was infuriating and amusing all at once. Three or four of them clearly were distinguished graduates of the Mr. Obvious school of coaching. A couple had Master's Degrees in hindsight.

My favorite guy was the genius who alternated screeching about which player he wanted out of the game - for the rest of the game - right now. He had a particularly intense dislike of Justin Smith, who he reminded everyone at every opportunity "leaves us playing four on five " He must have been taking quick cat naps when we were on defense as he seemed to have no idea of the job Smith was doing on Wieskamp. His very best, however was a piercing whine of "C'mon Archie, do something" in a volume and shrillness that would make my three-year-old grandson jealous. Really impressive stuff for a guy who was every bit of fifty years old.

For some "fans" both here and in the stands, the only thing that gives them pleasure is the prospect of firing the coach. Then if it happens, they can move on to wanting the next coach fired the first time we lose.

If you can't do better than that post, you need to find something other than IU basketball.

I had the "privilege" of sitting in front of a group from the Hickory barbershop last night. The level of ignorance of that group was exceeded only by their level of conviction that they really know the game. It was infuriating and amusing all at once. Three or four of them clearly were distinguished graduates of the Mr. Obvious school of coaching. A couple had Master's Degrees in hindsight.

My favorite guy was the genius who alternated screeching about which player he wanted out of the game - for the rest of the game - right now. He had a particularly intense dislike of Justin Smith, who he reminded everyone at every opportunity "leaves us playing four on five " He must have been taking quick cat naps when we were on defense as he seemed to have no idea of the job Smith was doing on Wieskamp. His very best, however was a piercing whine of "C'mon Archie, do something" in a volume and shrillness that would make my three-year-old grandson jealous. Really impressive stuff for a guy who was every bit of fifty years old.

For some "fans" both here and in the stands, the only thing that gives them pleasure is the prospect of firing the coach. Then if it happens, they can move on to wanting the next coach fired the first time we lose.

images

Sounds like you were sitting in front of some of our least intelligent, emotionally stunted, perpetually negative posters. How short is little victimbear?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT