ADVERTISEMENT

Most of you may despise Doug Gottlieb, but he just spoke the truth!

ebielasi

Junior
Jan 21, 2006
IU needs to play our starters for 33+ minutes in a game like this. It's clear as day that our starters are able to execute with so much more efficiency and the consistent substitutions makes the team look out of sync and discombobulated.

Ugh...I'm agreeing with Gottlieb....

WTF is this world coming to? Crean c'mon! Quit subbing so damn much this half! Let's go Hoosiers!!!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Re: Most of you may despise Doug Gottlieb, but he just spoke the trut

Surprising that none of you have figured this out yet since this is the 31st game of the season. Crean subs freely in the first half to make sure we are rated in the second half. Then in te second half te bench gets real short. Way and see. It will happen again today.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I've been saying this for a while , and have been moderately blasted for it . I really don't care , the truth is the truth .

Scary thought, not matter what he says...but...

those two first half runs were scarier.

If w are going to sub, then we have to be able to know what our emphasis is to score. My concern with how we do things is that we either take one too many guys out at times, or we don't know where our emphasis will be and play towards it effectively enough.

Umm, no. That's not true...

He may be subbing like this in te first half to save them for second half...but then most games he forgets that and sits more than one regular for extended minutes. It usually ends a run we're working on too. Look for some Mo creek in this half. Probably extended Hollowell minutes too. I bet none of our starters plays more than 15 minutes.

Completely agree...

Too many lineups have no cohesiveness and offensive focal point. So we inevitably fire up long jumpers towards the end of the possession.

ADVERTISEMENT