ADVERTISEMENT

Morgan Pointing Fingers?

Seldom did they have the hungry look in their eyes. They need to go to a full court press until they come out of their coma.

Reactions: ufo33
The zombie like play is something I expect to be gone next year..I'd tell R.P. to push it almost every possession..Lot's of folks hate the turnovers that come with break neck hoops..But in this day and age..You have to score..

The zombie like play is something I expect to be gone next year..I'd tell R.P. to push it almost every possession..Lot's of folks hate the turnovers that come with break neck hoops..But in this day and age..You have to score..

I agree. That's what I see when I watch Duke/UNC. Obviously they have more talent, but they don't wait around for something in the halfcourt. They push the pace and let the players freestyle and utilize their talents. Rob and Devonte can thrive leading that way.

If Romeo doesn't go aggressive to the basket the first 5 times he touches the ball I'd sit him and not look back... he's gone anyway, why let him take up space on the floor?

Same goes for anyone else.
That would be a great look for future recruits.

Blind wishful thinking to assume everything will change next year with no catalyst.

Blind wishful thinking to assume everything will change next year with no catalyst.

the same way it didn;t change for these guys in year 3 or 4?

I'll leave this here for you again, ya turdbomb.

Courtesy Turney3333:

Of the 21 power conference teams with a 6 seed or better, only 6 coaches reached the NCAA tournament each of their first 2 season at that school: Roy Williams, Calipari, Bill Self, Greg Gard, Bruce Webber, and Steve Prohm. Only Williams/Calipari did so with a team that missed the NCAA tournament the year prior

11 of 21 missed the tournament both their first two seasons

Then you have John Beilein who missed the tournament his first year, made the tournament his second, then missed it his third

You also have Will Wade who missed the tournament his first year, and then wound up in an FBI investigation in year 2

Also, while Painter technically made the tournament his “2nd” year, it was his 3rd year with the program having been named HC in waiting for a year.

Mike Krzyzewski
1st Season at Duke: 17-13 (NIT)
2nd season at Duke: 10-17 (no post season)

Tom Izzo
1st Season at MSU: 16-16 (NIT)
2nd season at MSU: 17-12 (NIT)

Tony Bennett
1st Season at UVA: 15-16 (no post season)
2nd Season at UVA: 16-15 (no post season)

Rick Barnes
1st Season at Tenn: 15-19 (no post season)
2nd Season at Tenn:16-16 (no post season)

Buzz Williams
1st Season at VT: 11-22 (no post season)
2nd Season at VT: 20-15 (NIT)

Leonard Hamilton
1st Season at FSU: 14-15 (no post season)
2nd Season at FSU: 19-14 (NIT)

Steve Wojciechowski
1st Season at Marquette: 13-19 (no post season)
2nd Season at Marquette: 20-13 (no post season)

Bruce Pearl
1st Season at Auburn: 15-20 (no post season)
2nd Season at Auburn: 11-20 (no post season)

Ben Howland
1st Season at Miss St: 14-17 (no post season)
2nd Season at Miss St: 16-16 (no post season)

Mark Turgeon
1st Season at Maryland: 17-15 (no post season)
2nd Season at Maryland: 20-11 (NIT)

Jay Wright
1st Season at Villanova: 19-13 (NIT)
2nd Season at Villanova: 15-15 (NIT)

Honorable Mention
Will Wade
1st Season at LSU: 18-15 (NIT)
2nd Season at LSU: Under FBI investigation

John Beilein
1st Season at UM: 10-22 (no post season)
3rd season at UM: 15-17 (no post season)

Hey wait a minute.

The link includes a Tweet from St. Francis that says, "Arrived at Assembly Hall ahead of tonight's practice. We are honored to play a program with the history of @IndianaMBB."

I thought the negative, whining experts on this board assured us that absolutely no player of college age cared these days about IU history and tradition. Could they be wrong.

And, not one player on St. Francis' roster comes from Indiana.

Shouldve been pulling players for being lazy during our losing streak. I understand we had injuries but put in some walkons I dont care especially some of the games like Michigan and Minnesota where it was out of reach

Here's a question for you, Do you really want a recruit who might not come to your school because the coach demands you give maximum effort?
Benching over 5 possessions. Give me a break. You’re applying no context to what would be happening those possessions.

Courtesy Turney3333:

Of the 21 power conference teams with a 6 seed or better, only 6 coaches reached the NCAA tournament each of their first 2 season at that school: Roy Williams, Calipari, Bill Self, Greg Gard, Bruce Webber, and Steve Prohm. Only Williams/Calipari did so with a team that missed the NCAA tournament the year prior

Then you have John Beilein who missed the tournament his first year, made the tournament his second, then missed it his third

You also have Will Wade who missed the tournament his first year, and then wound up in an FBI investigation in year 2

Also, while Painter technically made the tournament his “2nd” year, it was his 3rd year with the program having been named HC in waiting for a year.

Mike Krzyzewski

Tom Izzo

Tony Bennett

Rick Barnes

Buzz Williams

Leonard Hamilton

Steve Wojciechowski

Bruce Pearl

Ben Howland

Mark Turgeon

Jay Wright

Honorable Mention
Will Wade

John Beilein

Thanks for posting.

We didn’t put him in positions to succeed and maximize his talent. And then we shorted him in his one year he’s not even going to get to play in the tourney. It’s sad. Every one and done should at least get that one year experience.

We didn’t put him in positions to succeed and maximize his talent. And then we shorted him in his one year he’s not even going to get to play in the tourney. It’s sad. Every one and done should at least get that one year experience.
I'm not going to be critical of RL because I personally think he had an outstanding freshman year. The fact that he didn't meet the unrealistic expectations of some posters here isn't a reflection of his abilities or effort. He was a very good player on a team that had significant roster deficiencies and a horrible run of untimely injuries.

That said, there are holes in his game. Unlike many highly-regarded freshmen players in other top programs like Duke, UNC, and KY, Romeo didn't have great players around him to help hide or minimize his flaws. He has work to do whether he decides to return or do that work while learning in the NBA. I would love for him to come back another year but I sure wouldn't blame him for taking the money right now.

As for your final point, Romeo wasn't denied anything or shorted by anybody. He was given every opportunity a player could ask for. If he had played a little better in any of those losses that kept IU out of the NCAAT (including the BTT loss to OSU) he would have had that experience. I'm pretty sure he would tell you the same thing.

You make it sound like Romeo wasn't allowed to shoot the ball or create on his own... that's ridiculous. I guess his "back injury" is the teams fault too.

I get that you loathe Miller but he never denied Romeo anything.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Courtesy Turney3333:

Mike Krzyzewski

Tom Izzo

Tony Bennett

Rick Barnes

Buzz Williams

Leonard Hamilton

Steve Wojciechowski

Bruce Pearl

Ben Howland

Mark Turgeon

Jay Wright

Honorable Mention
Will Wade

John Beilein
Of your list - looks like 5 more still showed substantial improvement from year 1 to year 2...
Im not seeing any individual or team improvement with Archie’s IU team.

Piss on this.

If every great player needs the perfect situation around them to play great then he really ain't much of a great player.

At least Simmons, Fultz and Young put up eye opening numbers.

He certainly got the opportunity. He played the most minutes and took the most shots by far, over guys who played harder and bought in more...but I guess still he needs even more coddling to be this so called great player that impacts winning (which he doesn't, which is the point). So he was ripped off by IU.

One of my favorite excuses was 'we didn't have any shooters to give him space' when that was supposed to be his ****ing role.

That's like saying a wide receiver would be the best wide receiver if there was an even better wide receiver pulling the defense away from him.

Man can you imagine how good Antonio Brown would be if he had Julio Jones running opposite routes. Of course he wouldn't get as many opportunities but still.

I'd love for every player to get just a third of the excuses for performance as this kid does.

Coach K and Jay Wright actually saw worse results in year two. Izzo, Barnes, and Bennett improved by one win. Beilein improved, but was still under .500 in year three.

I don't think any rational basketball fan would suggest that any of those guys should have been fired after year 2 (or 3) the way several of the tantrum-throwers here believe should be done to Archie. Nor would any sane person suggest that it was "obvious" that these guys weren't going to get the job done. Of course the guy who suggested that here was fpeaugh, so maybe no sane person has said it still.

Piss on this.

If every great player needs the perfect situation around them to play great...

I'd love for every player to get just a third of the excuses for performance as this kid does.

Thats how I feel abt Archie and his coaching performance...yet many on here make every excuse imaginable for Grown Man $3.5 mil Coach Archie and his adult staff...

Reactions: fpeaugh
Juwan postgame:

Q: Coach Schilling got animated at halftime, did that get your attention?

A: "Definitely, you don't see it often. I've only seen it once. It was in the beginning of the year. That really opened some guys eyes to how serious this is. Regardless if it's the NCAA or NIT. It made us realize that this game is just as important as any other game. I think that's what got the guys going in the second half."

Great job staff - save your big motivational tactic for just after you missed out on the real tourney!

Archies technical...now this...

Thats how I feel abt Archie and his coaching performance...yet many on here make every excuse imaginable for Grown Man $3.5 mil Coach Archie and his adult staff...

I actually get what you're saying.

He had a D grade season. Was on the way to an F but got the locker room back which raised it to a D.

Just like with Romeo. The kid is talented and if he was a multi year player if he follows a typical growth development curve he's easily an all conference player.

If he gets his shot fixed he's a high level NPOY candidate.

But he wasn't this year. Not even close.

Lastly, why isn't Calbert's 17+ ppg freshman mark and Schlundts 19ppg freshman mark on these freshman top scorers lists?

Courtesy Turney3333:

Mike Krzyzewski

Tom Izzo

Tony Bennett

Rick Barnes

Buzz Williams

Leonard Hamilton

Steve Wojciechowski

Bruce Pearl

Ben Howland

Mark Turgeon

Jay Wright

Honorable Mention
Will Wade

John Beilein
Ok dude we get it....year 2 is over I think most of us normal people are concerned about years 3 and 4. Go back and post years 3 and 4 on your little homework assignment so we can all know what we have to look forward to!

Piss on this.

If every great player needs the perfect situation around them to play great then he really ain't much of a great player.

At least Simmons, Fultz and Young put up eye opening numbers.

He certainly got the opportunity. He played the most minutes and took the most shots by far, over guys who played harder and bought in more...but I guess still he needs even more coddling to be this so called great player that impacts winning (which he doesn't, which is the point). So he was ripped off by IU.

One of my favorite excuses was 'we didn't have any shooters to give him space' when that was supposed to be his ****ing role.

That's like saying a wide receiver would be the best wide receiver if there was an even better wide receiver pulling the defense away from him.

Man can you imagine how good Antonio Brown would be if he had Julio Jones running opposite routes. Of course he wouldn't get as many opportunities but still.

He averaged 17ppg, was 2nd team All Big Ten, and led all freshmen in scoring in the conference. Quit acting like he sat the pines.

What does “plenty of opportunities” mean? Yes, he played in enough games?

You tell me, you're the one that said he was shorted by the program.

Here's my take and then I'm done with this thread, with all the hype, I expected a Carmello Anthony type year out of Romeo, maybe that was unfair but he failed to deliver most of the time. You can blame the coaches but I highly doubt Romeo was told to stand around on offense while Justin Smith and Evan Fitzner jacked up threes.

The kid has no killer instincts, that's on him.

You tell me, you're the one that said he was shorted by the program.

Here's my take and then I'm done with this thread, with all the hype, I expected a Carmello Anthony type year out of Romeo, maybe that was unfair but he failed to deliver most of the time. You can blame the coaches but I highly doubt Romeo was told to stand around on offense while Justin Smith and Evan Fitzner jacked up threes.

The kid has no killer instincts, that's on him.
That’s completely your fault for expecting Carmelo Anthony. He wasn’t even a top 5 player in his class. He had a great year and IU let him down on surrounding him with what he needed to win.

That’s completely your fault for expecting Carmelo Anthony. He wasn’t even a top 5 player in his class. He had a great year and IU let him down on surrounding him with what he needed to win.
Stupid. Did someone put a gun to his head and make him come to IU ? Did they hide from him who his teammates would be ? Did they promise him that Hunter, Race, Davis, McRoberts, and Phinisee would not get injured and miss significant time ? Please explain in detail how IU " let him down on surrounding him with what he needed to win".

On second thought, don't. I can't stand more of your nonsensical drivel. Just get in your car and drive around Bloomington looking for Billy Donovan.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
ADVERTISEMENT