ADVERTISEMENT

More thoughts....

clubjockey

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
1) Thnk God for Roto... between the sanctions, the seeming inability of Sampson to play safe with the rules, however innocuous or stupid the rules may be, the loss of Zeller, the hairbrain reactions of some of our forum-mates, and the Colts loss yesterday... Roto is the only thing in sports I can deal with right now.

2) We may have one or two players thinking of pulling out of the game this year late... be ready.

3) HB, I sent you an e-mail... did you get it?
This post was edited on 11/5 10:45 AM by clubjockey

More thoughts

1. Pomeroy's 2008 stats rank Air Force first. Interesting, huh? What's really crazy is he has Alabama second, then Alabama State, and then Alcorn State. I'd really have to put Grand Valley State up there after their win in Breslin. And where does Memphis fit into this picture?

2. I'm going 10th in Roto. Last year I was 11th. It's like living in Muncie, but without the smell.

3. What happens to Roto conference wins for a team if they are forfeit due to sanctions? I'm pretty sure this happened to somebody's team the year before I got involved with Roto (Peegs maybe?) and gee, I'd guess there's a non-zero chance it could happen to a pretty interesting team this year.

NCAA has to put the hammer down before the end ...

..of the roto season in order for forfeits to be acknowledged here.

It was 2003 (2nd year of Roto) when Peegs picked St.Bonaventure. We didn't have a rule to allow for this, so things were kind of muddled.

Peegs had a lousy year, so it only affected last place. If you acknowledged the forfeits, then Peegs finished last. If you ignored the forfeits, then I won the cellar.

Just pretend you're Mark McGwire...

...and only talk about what's in the future, and ignore the past.

I broke down and bought an Athlon last weekend. I spent about 20 minutes scanning it and that's pretty much been the extent of my research.

So yeah, I'm fully prepared for draft day now. :)

On 2...I'll stop flip flopping and play.

I'm in. Despite my vague disinterest (inexplicable even to me to a degree) in the IU season, mark me down. I blame Comcast, Rick Greenspan, an employer that expects me to produce and the inexplicable popularity of country music (just because). So Greenspan and Comcast for the most part. And Adam Ahfeld.

I'm hopeful the vague disinterest fades into "bolivian". I'm also hopeful I'll be around for most of the draft even though the thought of making lists when you are drafting in the blind seems whacked. Completely whacked. Wiggetty wiggety whacked.

When is Satch sending out the omnipotent excels? jsreinking@yahoo.com

I challenge you to...

Put together the slimiest, most corrupt lineup you can... you can start by taking Memphis, assuming JM doesn't go there first...

We can call your teams "the Gambino League"

A cynical person might ask...

in what round would I grab IU? I won't ask it but a cynical person might.

You've inspired me to walk to Borders and purchase a college basketball preview mag. This is the first time you've ever inspired me. Well, except for the time you railed at C$ and called him C Puppy for several days in a row.

Go forth and commit cyn...

I cling to the hope that you can get 10 teams slimier than iPhone University. In fact... I demand that you do... it will make me feel a lot better if and when you do that.

I should send out spreadsheet within a week

I finally bought a reseason mag, so that should help ID any conference moves.

Far as I know, Valpo's move to the Horizon is the only one.

I assuming you don't go blank in the Big Ten...

... and you're basing your decision on current programs and not past indiscretions, what Big Ten team could you pick that meets your "slimier than IU" standard?

Oh, I'm sorry, did I just depress you?

Considering this makes me queasy...

If your goal is to pick a slate of slimey teams using roto rules... like only one team per league, etc... And you go only by current standards and not historical issues.... Is it possible to not include IU and have 10 worse teams?

Memphis

Ummmmmmm

Did I say "Memphis"?

Surely someone is cheating in the SEC.... At random lets say Mississippi State

ummmmm... Memphis?

Uconn!

Memphis
Miss St.
Uconn
BYU (Everyone knows those Mormons are a shadey lot)

Christ.... I'm not sure you can do it.....

I'm certain (I think) there are 10 teams out there doing worse than IU is... I have my doubts with Kansas and Ok St., but no proof... Same with some of those smaller West Coast teams and places like Louisville and DePaul and St. Johns, etc... Kansas State... West Va....

But 10 teams in 10 different leagues that are all slimey than IU APPEARS to be right now?.... Yeesh!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT