ADVERTISEMENT

More Penix. Less Scott.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
This staff needs to see who is the more valuable weapon here. It’s not the slow running back.

Looked like Penix took a little off his passes as the game went on . Made it easier for receivers to hold on to the ball . His completion rate really went up after that .

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
This staff needs to see who is the more valuable weapon here. It’s not the slow running back.
You have to have a running threat just to keep the LBs from playing only the pass. You also want to have the safeties eyes have to check the run. Makes the passing go. Even if you don’t get a lot of yards, you have to make them respect the run.

I listened to the post game call-in show tonight and there were callers that were upset that we took a knee at the end of the first half instead of throwing downfield.
After what happened last weekend before halftime?

Some fans seem to lose awareness of down, distance and side of the field.

I listened to the post game call-in show tonight and there were callers that were upset that we took a knee at the end of the first half instead of throwing downfield.

Ok but there was what... 90 seconds left?

Two points.
1. Remember, Scott broke the first play of the Drive for a 15 yard gain out near midfield, but it was called back on a Holding Call near the line of scrimmage which cost us the play yardage plus the penalty yardage. Had the play stood, I think the approach would have been different with the better field position.

2. You have the recent memory of the ghost of last week's fumble before halftime. In addition you are receiving the Second Half Kick Off and the Defense is playing well. You have a 13 point Lead. Put a Lid on it take the 13 point lead to the Locker Room, Regroup, and see if you get better position from the 2nd Half Kick Off.

Is this your real handle or the imposter....I'm so confused. Last week you were bashing Sheridan in the first quarter telling us he was a complete waste, and now you are hammering away at Penix and Scott. Do you even watch the games? Completely clueless comments and no real thought on what you'd do to fix a problem you see, but doesn't exist. I guess someone has to be the village idiot, so congrats on retaining that title from last year.

Reactions: vesuvius13
My theory on the playcalling is that the staff may have wanted to keep things basic to a certain degree, save certain plays, so that Michigan wouldn't have as much film on us. I will expect a much more potent attack from the get-go next week.

Reactions: ESalum86
I’m not down on SS. He’s a pretty respectable RB. I just think there are better weapons on the team. Including at RB.

So how do you explain the fact that his most productive year in terms of total yards and average was with Ramsey at QB and not MP???
To paraphrase George Pickett's response when asked why Pickett's Charge failed, "I've always thought the defensive line had something to do with it."

The OL hasn't been able to give him very many good holes to run through this year. When they have, he's been able to bowl over LBs & Safeties and get good yardage. Too much is bottled up at the point of attack though.

ADVERTISEMENT