ADVERTISEMENT

More on the Stimulus check

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
1)When is it supposed to be delivered?
2) Will they withhold income tax?

The reason why I ask is that I just noticed money deposited in my account, which is $2400 less the amount, which will be about the amount of the tax I would pay on $2400. It is dated 4/8. That seems rather early.

If not, I will have to figure out where the money came from. I must find out which uncle died. :)

I got a deposit into my checking account for 1,200 (I'm single w/no dependents) which was the expected amount, so there was no withholding.

Lemme get this straight. You got money falling out of the sky and you don't even know where in the fvck it came from???

Now I'm really starting to get pissed off.

Why would that anger you, we all get thousands of dollars randomly deposited into our accounts.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Lemme get this straight. You got money falling out of the sky and you don't even know where in the fvck it came from???

Now I'm really starting to get pissed off.
I heard the charitable donation deduction is 100% this year only. Since I hate the government, that means if I donate all of the $100 million I made this year to charity, the government gets nothing, right?

I have long realized the median income of this board completely dwarfs mine.
I figured that out about thirty minutes after I started reading here, long before my first post.

Then again, outside of the trailer park or Pigeon Hill, that's the case in most any group I look at.

FB-IMG-1587097820616.jpg

1)When is it supposed to be delivered?
2) Will they withhold income tax?

The reason why I ask is that I just noticed money deposited in my account, which is $2400 less the amount, which will be about the amount of the tax I would pay on $2400. It is dated 4/8. That seems rather early.

If not, I will have to figure out where the money came from. I must find out which uncle died. :)

If you got less, you’re rich and the amount you received was reduced. There’s no withholdings because it’s not taxable. It also clearly notes in the direct deposit description that it came from the US Treasury.

If you got less, you’re rich and the amount you received was reduced. There’s no withholdings because it’s not taxable. It also clearly notes in the direct deposit description that it came from the US Treasury.
Thanks for the clarification.
I've figured out where the fund came from. No, none of my rich uncles died.:)
I used to direct-deposit the returns to my Schwab account. Last year, I switched the CPA, and changed the returns to send me directly!

So, now, I expect to get a real check signed by the greatest president in the history of the USA! I think I am going to frame it and display on my living room wall!

Thank you again!

Reactions: Lucy01
Thanks for the clarification.
I've figured out where the fund came from. No, none of my rich uncles died.:)
I used to direct-deposit the returns to my Schwab account. Last year, I switched the CPA, and changed the returns to send me directly!

So, now, I expect to get a real check signed by the greatest president in the history of the USA! I think I am going to frame it and display on my living room wall!

Thank you again!

You’re welcome. Sorry bout the Trump signature. Lol

I’ve linked an IRS website where you can change it to direct deposit. Paper checks could take awhile.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasu...ication-to-help-with-economic-impact-payments

Reactions: meridian
Did you recently file your 2019 taxes? I did a few days ago, which can cause issues with getting a get-my-payment status from the site
No, I haven't filed 2019 yet. I always wait until the last minute; I have all the documents sitting on the floor right next to me in a file folder, thinking that I'll go ahead and get that done here soon, but the pressure's off so...

I'm not all that concerned. I've always filed a paper return and gotten a paper check (if I'm so fortunate -- not always the case). Yes, I'm a dinosaur. It would be nice to see the $2400 sooner than later, but it's not like I'm desperate.

No, I haven't filed 2019 yet. I always wait until the last minute; I have all the documents sitting on the floor right next to me in a file folder, thinking that I'll go ahead and get that done here soon, but the pressure's off so...

I'm not all that concerned. I've always filed a paper return and gotten a paper check (if I'm so fortunate -- not always the case). Yes, I'm a dinosaur. It would be nice to see the $2400 sooner than later, but it's not like I'm desperate.

I owed in 2018, but am due a refund for 2019. So i figured it would be smart so they had my bank RTN. But now IRS says that may actually slow down the transfer lol. Haven't gotten my refund nor my stimulus check.

I owed in 2018, but am due a refund for 2019. So i figured it would be smart so they had my bank RTN. But now IRS says that may actually slow down the transfer lol. Haven't gotten my refund nor my stimulus check.
Deep State bastages.

Reactions: thezinfan1

Log onto the site and put your banking info in.

Can't get to that point. I give it my Name, SS, address, and zip and it says something like "Unable to Process" or some bullshit. And yes, I'm feeding it the info exactly as it is on my 2018 1040.

Can't get to that point. I give it my Name, SS, address, and zip and it says something like "Unable to Process" or some bullshit. And yes, I'm feeding it the info exactly as it is on my 2018 1040.

Damn, I will see if I can find out if there’s some particular problems going on.

Surprised clients aren’t calling screaming. Websites like the State Unemployment site have crashed for many hours at a time.
Interestingly, I've not had any performance issues with the IN UI site at all. It's still awful to navigate and cumbersome to use, but it's never given me any problems as far as operation is concerned. <shrug>

Interestingly, I've not had any performance issues with the IN UI site at all. It's still awful to navigate and cumbersome to use, but it's never given me any problems as far as operation is concerned. <shrug>

I think the governor said a new version went online last night. I wonder if it navigates better.

Reactions: stollcpa

Here's the actual response:

Payment Status Not Available
According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.

I think the governor said a new version went online last night. I wonder if it navigates better.
Hadn't heard that.

I was just there earlier today. Didn't look or feel any different than before. Although I was only doing some checking, I wasn't actually having to input anything. It's the weekly vouchers you have to file that are such a PITA. The way they ask about dates and how to report partial income (for those of us who had been working reduced hours) is counter-intuitive, and that's being kind. I normally have to go through it a second time to get everything input correctly.

That said, while it's not in my account yet (that happened on Monday when I got the big bucks earlier), it looks like the $600 Fed money is headed my way. Gonna be sucking the public teat big time soon. You work-from-home dudes are a bunch of suckers. Learned today I have another two weeks at the very least of full time furlough. If it ever warms up and quits raining I'll be gettin' back to making my neighbors' yards look like shit.

Reactions: tooold4
You’re welcome. Sorry bout the Trump signature. Lol

I’ve linked an IRS website where you can change it to direct deposit. Paper checks could take awhile.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasu...ication-to-help-with-economic-impact-payments
I checked and this is what they say:
The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:
  • You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • You haven’t filed your 2019 tax return and didn’t have direct deposit information on your 2018 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
I am not sure whether I understand this.

Does that mean
1) I am not eligible because I have not filed 2019 return
or
2) 2019 return is required only if I want direct deposit
3) Since I have not filed 2019 return, I will not get the check until I do so?

TIA

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:
    • You haven’t filed your 2019 tax return and didn’t have direct deposit information on your 2018 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.

Does that mean
or

TIA

What a cluster! If you read the introduction on this site these error messages make no sense. It was suppose to give you a way to track your refund and a way provide bank information if needed for the direct deposit.

At this point I am not even sure where to call to bitch that it will do any good.

Isn't that portal only for low income or non-filers?

It’s supposed to work just like the “where’s my refund” function. That’s not limited to low income earners. It’s available to anyone that wants to track their regular refund. It was my understanding this link was supposed to work just like “where’s my refund” plus add the function to allow taxpayers to add banking information for direct deposit of their stimulus check.

When I get to the office this morning I am going to see if I can get in and track the payment for one of my clients who texted me late last nite. I slept in this morning.

Does that mean
or

TIA

Article that might be of interest.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/17/will-you-get-a-second-stimulus-check/

For anyone who cares, I was able to finally get into the Get My Payment site and feed it my bank account info for direct deposit a week or so ago. Just for grins this evening I went back in there and was told to expect my direct deposit to hit on Wednesday. Shittin' in high cotton now!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT