ADVERTISEMENT

More hopeless hand-wringing about the draft day issue...

clubjockey

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
Did someone ask Hilary or Obama about when we shoudl draft last night?

I have talked to RBS who is trotting out some lame excuse about having to be in "court" because he thinks he's a "lawyer" and he has this silly "trial"-thingy that he has to show his face in and try and not fall asleep.

I will get a list from him and draft for him.... Lazy sock monkey.

Because of that, and because Peegs so rightly points out that we run headlong into the Horizon league schedule pretty quickly, I think we CAN move the draft up to 12/4 again.... I beleive RBS was the only one with a 12/4 conflict, ne c'est pas?

If so, we can go back to Tuesday, 12/4 at 8:00am Central (9:00am eastern... we have players in Chicago)... AND we can maybe get a fe picks out of the way early if JM exercises his perogative as pace-setter to start the draft whenever he wants (hint: JM could start the first round on Monday morning the 3rd and we could get as far as we can...)

JM could start the draft this AM.

I don't get the need to delay. Get it started now and maybe the first few rounds are already wrapped up by the proposed start date.

You have the patience of an 8-year old girl...

And also the wardrobe, but that's another matter...

He can go right now if he wants... but its dumb to do it unless you're on the clock... What if he picks Memphis right now and tonight half the team gets arrested for raping and pillaging half of northern Mississippi because they failed to understand the assignment in their "Understanding the Civil War" class?

JM is screwed....

If he waits he gets to see if any last minute injuries or arrests impact the one or two teams he's looking for...

I flat guarantee you I will not make my pick until I'm on the clock.

Now... if you want to start the clock sooner, I'm your huckleberry... but given the conflicts we all have... like me for instance... I leave the office today at noon to go wrangle a bowling party for 10 9-year-olds (I begged my boss to give me an emergency assignment, but to no avail), so I'm out in 3 hours for most of the weekend... I come back on Monday and Tuesday to complete three major assignments I have barely begun, plus I have a mandatory staff meeting on tuesday that will take up over half the day and my year-end performance review on Monday... Tuesday in the early afternoon I pack up the Family Truckster and drive to Philadelphia for T-giving.... I get back on the 26th, and have an all-day meeting when I present the three assignments I have to finish (mentioned above)... I'm GREAT on the 27th, but no one else is...

So... we wait...

Ashton also has trouble with 12-4

The students who actually show up for his lectures are depending on him.

I think he said something about not being free on 12-4 until about 10:30.

Nuts!

And double nuts. You disappoint me but that isn't out of the ordinary. today, tomorrow, yesterday...timing doesn't matter. The Memphis team bus could collide with the Tennessee team bus the day after the draft concludes and you would still be screwed. Your logic is woodthrushhollerian.
This post was edited on 11/16 10:52 AM by rolo tomasi

No... Its actually a seed...

Sure Memphis and Tennessee could all get impacted by a random Biblical plague... say, boils... they could all get smited from On High by boils because thay are impenetent sinners. If it happens the day after the official draft is over, then JM is SOL, as those are the breaks and we all laugh at him and his bad Karma for drafting Memphis...

But, if that happened two days BEFORE the start of the official draft and JM had already picked them and you had locked his pick in by drafting the New Jersey Insititute of Technology with your pick, then we'd all be laughing at JM for being an idiot and not waiting until he HAD to draft,a nd no one would make the mistake of drafting Tennessee...

For JM, Memphis will be there today, tomorrow and the next day... right up until the starting gun sounds... its like he's getting married... why elope early and miss the batchelor party in Vegas... the church is rented and the flowers are there and the open bar awaits at the reception... why go early?

It sounds like you are well-entrenched in this position.

If you change your mind, let me know. I know who I am going to take, but obviously there's no reason for me to do it if the draft is going to bog down at pick #5 for two weeks.

Thanks for having my back, there JM....

Cripes...

Hey... if you all want to start now, I'll play. I was merely defending you as a logical and prudent individual... don't let me get in your way... I have a really good idea who I'm goign to take as well, assumign they're still there, and I doubt two weeks changes that much...

Go for it... if you want to make your pick now we can pin it and draft as we can until we all get down to it on 12/5...

ADVERTISEMENT