ADVERTISEMENT

Momentum

It Will Do

Freshman
Jan 1, 2019
What a difference a win makes in the big ten season, they have been hard to come by for IU. What is on my mind is capital types of improvements for IU football. Seems as the timing is perfect for some type of investment. Not sure what that might be or where it is most needed. However i would like some type of improvement in our press box area. Maybe something that mirrors the architecture of one of the end zones.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
In no particular order:

Press box
Bigger video board on south end
Permanent suites instead of the temp deal on south end zone
some use for the rest of the dead space around the stadium, for example, the astroturf corners are weird. Do something with those.

I read Scott is looking for Simon-Skjodt type donations for stadium improvements. Press box renovation has to be on the list. If we get enough corporate interest and the ROI is there, there is potential for suites on the East side someday.

In general, donations can be used for NIL or the stadium. I prefer NIL since it gets us a better team, but stadium projects are fine too as long as it boosts our game day revenue and has a good ROI.

I read Scott is looking for Simon-Skjodt type donations for stadium improvements. Press box renovation has to be on the list. If we get enough corporate interest and the ROI is there, there is potential for suites on the East side someday.

In general, donations can be used for NIL or the stadium. I prefer NIL since it gets us a better team, but stadium projects are fine too as long as it boosts our game day revenue and has a good ROI.
I almost think they’re gonna have to rely on fans for NIL and find big donors for big improvements.

Because regular people can chip in small amounts individually to pump up NIL without making too big of a dent in any one person.

I almost think they’re gonna have to rely on fans for NIL and find big donors for big improvements.

Because regular people can chip in small amounts individually to pump up NIL without making too big of a dent in any one person.
Probably right. Other big source is if we can get a sponsor for the stadium and field. Maybe that’s $2-3M per year or a larger lump sum. Lilly is flush from all those weight loss drugs… throw some $ our way!

I’m sure Dolson is working on something.

put suites along the top of the east stands like Wiscy did
Great idea. And would raise the east side to be symmetrical with the west side.

One of the things that was on the stadium survey at the end of last season was a pub style seating area. I thought would have been a nice way to generate some premium ticket revenue without having to do full shites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT