ADVERTISEMENT

MLB DRAFT

bwd2338

Redshirt
Dec 5, 2010
I assume Logan Sowers and Matt Lloyd will be back with the iu baseball team next year and I think Luke Miller will come back to and see if he can't raise his draft position what are your thoughts

Reactions: jmbennett and RBB89
I assume Logan Sowers and Matt Lloyd will be back with the iu baseball team next year and I think Luke Miller will come back to and see if he can't raise his draft position what are your thoughts
I would guess that Miller will be back. Think we should have a pretty solid team next year!

Reactions: jmbennett
Shocked can't even describe it. Not only Sowers, but Lloyd, too. Not drafted at all, in 40 rounds??? I'm selfishly happy, so they will not only be back - but be back with a chip on their shoulders. But what am I missing? I don't get it at all. And seeing that Dedelow went from 34th round to the 9th.....I think it would be highly beneficial for Luke to come back, because I can see a similar jump for him.

Reactions: jmbennett
I would guess that Miller will be back. Think we should have a pretty solid team next year!
Has anyone seen a list of IU's recruits for next season? Did any of them get drafted? Can't seem to find it on the IU site.

If I understand the draft process and Miller's classification correctly, Luke would still have options after next season. Unlike Dedelow, Miller could opt to sign (if he moves up significantly) or come back for his senior year at IU. Dedelow surprised me by coming back for his senior year and giving up all leverage. Super glad it worked out for him the way it did.

As for Lloyd and Sowers, it's a real mystery how they didn't get selected at all. Good for us, bad for them. I agree about the chip thing and imagine they'll get a lot more exposure playing in Summer leagues. If our pitching matures as expected (hoped?), next year could be another fun ride.

Lastly, I am bummed about Riley Crean. I believe he would have been a real crowd favorite. The kid has been thru an awful lot though. I understand his decision completely and wish him well.

Reactions: RBB89
Shocked can't even describe it. Not only Sowers, but Lloyd, too. Not drafted at all, in 40 rounds??? I'm selfishly happy, so they will not only be back - but be back with a chip on their shoulders. But what am I missing? I don't get it at all. And seeing that Dedelow went from 34th round to the 9th.....I think it would be highly beneficial for Luke to come back, because I can see a similar jump for him.
This was Lloyd's first year at this completion so I understand it but Sowers is a big bat . Probably more upside than Dedelow I would think . I feel like there's something we aren't hearing about .

This was Lloyd's first year at this completion so I understand it but Sowers is a big bat . Probably more upside than Dedelow I would think . I feel like there's something we aren't hearing about .
And he had a pretty good year overall, after a slow start. How he played in the NCAA regionals, for sure, should have indicated to teams about his potential. The only thing that would make sense to me is if he told teams that if he wasn't drafted in the top 10 rounds then he would come back. Other than that, I don't get it at all.

Well for one, striking out 74 times is not very appealing to teams. Also having a BB/K ratio of 20/74 isn't either. There are some question marks that scouts have, but Logan is aware of the feedback.

Lloyd is the same thing, 28/60 BB/K ratio needs to get better. And he really struggled against the split, as LHP dominated him.

biglewexpress thanks for clarifying some of the concerns that teams might have had on those two. On Sowers I did see a lot of strikeouts although he definitely was playing well down the stretch.

Hopefully they do come back with a chip on the shoulder and we see development of the pitching staff.

Reactions: CF77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT