ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou just hired Martin

Jan 6, 2017
Crap, crap, crap.

Mizzou was begging Crean to go there......his ego got in the way and demanded to be paid as a Top 10 coach....so they said screw you and hired someone else.

Glass better kick him to the curb now as he had his chance for that "soft landing" and flushed it down the toilet.

Crap, crap, crap.

Mizzou was begging Crean to go there......his ego got in the way and demanded to be paid as a Top 10 coach....so they said screw you and hired someone else.

Glass better kick him to the curb now as he had his chance for that "soft landing" and flushed it down the toilet.

Kent Sterling summed it up best by saying the IU program is sick and will not get well until Tom Crean is gone. Will Glass finally come to his senses or will we remain in the toilet.

Crap, crap, crap.

They weren't begging Crean.

Mizzou was too smart and hired a better coach.
I just don't understand how we seem to be so ill prepared to move forward. The season was going south all Big season, we knew we were not going to make the tourney, we know we don't have great recruits coming in, we know that Crean has the same issues today he had when he walked in the door and we are behind every other school that is changing out their coach. Glass defined success for the program and this is not it yet we got nothing.

Huh. So that's what it looks like when an athletic department has its sh** together. As an IU fan, I've never seen something like that.

Tick tock Fred. It's getting late. Tick tock.

Reactions: Rakkasan29
How much influence is the 3 million owed to Crean going to be?

I may be wrong, but couldn't Crean take a year off and still get paid 3mil by IU? What possible incentive would he have to take a lower paying contract over multiple years

I may be wrong, but couldn't Crean take a year off and still get paid 3mil by IU? What possible incentive would he have to take a lower paying contract over multiple years

Who is going to pay him what he's getting now?

He has a Top 10 salary.

Seemed like Mizzou was the perfect place for him. They love basketball, the program was at rock bottom so no expectations for awhile, and the fans were begging for him........and he also had connections in the area.

Once again, Tommy isn't the genius he claims to be..............

Maybe the school wasn't, but the fans were.

A friend of mine lives in St Louis and he said it was on TV constantly about Crean going to Mizzou and everyone he knew was thrilled with the idea and thought he was perfect for them.
I doubt the Mizzou backers are disheartened that Cuonzo is headed to Columbia. He'll give an instant jump start to recruiting and show the college hoops world that they're serious about competing. They have a beautiful new, usually empty arena and Walton family money at the ready. Smart move, even though I'm not sure CM is anything more than above average.

According to Tod Palmer with KcStar, sources told him Mizz never spoke to Crean nor was ever highly interested in him.

I guess that's possible Crean never lied about speaking to them. But if that's the case, that surely means Iu finding another coach is drastically going alot slower then anticipated

Who is going to pay him what he's getting now?

He has a Top 10 salary.

Seemed like Mizzou was the perfect place for him. They love basketball, the program was at rock bottom so no expectations for awhile, and the fans were begging for him........and he also had connections in the area.

Once again, Tommy isn't the genius he claims to be..............

No one is going to pay him that much. I wanted to see what incentives Crean would have to keep turning down lower paying contracts. IU Scott helped me out.

Crean might retire and do motivational speaking for his Football coach brother-in-laws.

Buyout would be spread over 3 years. He has to make every attempt to mitigate IU's damages. Any employment offsets the 1.3M owed each year. He simply cannot get fired and then chose not to work. IU would not pay. More likely is IU is working on a deal with Alford, Marshall, Holtmann etc. When that deal is in place, they will negotiate a one time payout to TC for him to leave. Probably cost them 1M. Too many good coaches in tournament that aren't going to walk away from their team during the run.

Crap, crap, crap.

That's funny. Even Mizzou wouldn't hire Crean after all his antics. Mizzou won't let him over sign by 6 players, Crean players by word of mouth, dismiss players for average work and strangle opposing coaches at half court on ESPN.

I just don't understand how we seem to be so ill prepared to move forward. The season was going south all Big season, we knew we were not going to make the tourney, we know we don't have great recruits coming in, we know that Crean has the same issues today he had when he walked in the door and we are behind every other school that is changing out their coach. Glass defined success for the program and this is not it yet we got nothing.
My thoughts exactly! Illinois and Missouri took decisive actions and Fred apparently has his thumb up his butt. It only gets uglier next season if Crean stays. Much uglier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT