ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri/Ole Miss

Jul 2, 2018
Missouri has a better record. They are ranked 70th in FEi and 73rd in SP+.

Ole Miss has a worse record. They are ranked 38th in FEi and 48th in SP+.

So much upside in getting to play Missouri vs playing Ole Miss.

Iowa stole our opponent (after Northwestern stole our bowl I should say) [After the CFP Committee really stole our bowl I should say].

Not that much difference in status between Citrus and Outback. Orlando game is of course a step better but the win in either makes all the difference. This the year for IU and some Florida parents are going to see their kids play.
Right, but my main point was about how we should be playing a team with a winning record and bad analytical ratings instead of playing a team with a losing record and good analytical ratings. Iowa might blow out Missouri, and we might have a tough game against Ole Miss.

Missouri has a better record. They are ranked 70th in FEi and 73rd in SP+.

Ole Miss has a worse record. They are ranked 38th in FEi and 48th in SP+.

So much upside in getting to play Missouri vs playing Ole Miss.

Iowa stole our opponent (after Northwestern stole our bowl I should say) [After the CFP Committee really stole our bowl I should say].
After the BIG stole our championship.

Yes, good point. That's the only balm in all of this.

Also, I think most recognize that Ole Miss has a pretty solid offense, and was somewhat competitive against good teams, although held back by an atrocious defense (probably pretty similar to 2015 IU).

Missouri on the other hand stood no chance against decent teams. Missouri's average loss was by like 25 (including 2 35 point losses), whereas for Ole Miss it was 10 points (biggest loss was by 16).

So I think it will be an interesting match up and if IU's defense can contain Ole Miss, IU should get some recognition for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT