ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota Game (links) is on BTN

The Miller tag call was obviously a big play when looking at the whole game. Changed the momentum.
Sure did! That would have given us a 2 run lead and put momentum back in our favor. Instead it gave them huge momentum. Sadly we were going to score easily - not even close at home plate.

Very disappointing! Not agreeing that that is an unreviewable play. It should be. It's not like balls and strikes.

I guess I don't understand the way the big ten operates but why didn't they move the iowa/Maryland game to the 10am slot tomorrow (probably because the teams didn't want to get up early ) and iu and Michigan at 1:30 (would probably have a bigger crowd) just curious

Just to be clear there is no review for ANYTHING in college baseball. It's not like MLB. You may know that but could not tell from the way you posted.
For future reference, college baseball does have replay rules. That play is not a reviewable play by the B10 rules. Types of reviewable plays.

1. deciding if a batted ball is fair or foul
2. Deciding if a batted ball is a ground rule double or a home run
3. Catch or no catch in outfield or foul territory, not in the infield unless it results in a 3rd out; or a catch at anytime with a batter only.
4. Spectator interference, only if it affects items 1,2, or 3 above.

Reactions: snowling
For future reference, college baseball does have replay rules. That play is not a reviewable play by the B10 rules. Types of reviewable plays.

1. deciding if a batted ball is fair or foul
2. Deciding if a batted ball is a ground rule double or a home run
3. Catch or no catch in outfield or foul territory, not in the infield unless it results in a 3rd out; or a catch at anytime with a batter only.
4. Spectator interference, only if it affects items 1,2, or 3 above.

Glad you clarified. The announcers have been saying that repeatedly throughout the tournament. Always amazes me how many "facts" get thrown around on these message boards with no regard for the truth. Oh well, it's free.

ADVERTISEMENT