ADVERTISEMENT

Miller Kopp's Basketball Vlogs

Kopp's jumpers at the end from the top of the key looked kind of Kitchelesque.

Reactions: 76-1
Gonna be the best shooter on the team
Yeah, I'm hoping he and Stewart are the knock down threats we've been lacking. If Bates can shoot it at a high clip and we see some improvement from returnees, we should be a much better shooting team. I hadn't thought about it because we were just so piss poor, but a buddy pointed out we actually lost our 2 best shooters off last years squad, so hopefully 1 step back and 3 forward!

Yeah, I'm hoping he and Stewart are the knock down threats we've been lacking. If Bates can shoot it at a high clip and we see some improvement from returnees, we should be a much better shooting team. I hadn't thought about it because we were just so piss poor, but a buddy pointed out we actually lost our 2 best shooters off last years squad, so hopefully 1 step back and 3 forward!
Those losses didn’t hurt us. We upgraded on the perimeter. We finally have some shooting depth and X can score in bunches.

Those losses didn’t hurt us. We upgraded on the perimeter. We finally have some shooting depth and X can score in bunches.
That's my line of thought too, but these last several years have me doubting myself regarding the prospects for the Hoosiers. I have been able to concoct hope for the upcoming season just about every year, only to be disappointed. With a new Coach I wanna believe, but then the other part of my brain says, "we've been down this road before..." Show me!

Reactions: IU FAN IN W. NC
Coach Mike Woodson will show that he is the real deal. CMW WILL SHOW YOU WHAT GOOD COACHING IS. I think the thing that got to me about Archie was that he stayed with his philosophy no matter what. Archie never held a player accountable if there was terrible play. He also never, ever did anything different on either offense or defense. And Archie never seemed to have the players buy into what he was doing. CMW has that “buy in” which is huge. We are going to be like Michigan as far as coaching goes. We will start to gain better recruits and be battling for BIG and NATIONAL Championships. But then I also realize that this is not JUST CMW because we have Matta, Fife, Hunter, Yasir. We have one of the best staffs in the country.

If Lander can just hit the rim it will be an improvement. What is your feeling about him? He was young last year. Technically this is his freshman yr.

Kopp's jumpers at the end from the top of the key looked kind of Kitchelesque.
The story I remember about Kitchel:
Knight was criticizing and complaining about the new 3 pt shot. Said something like “ if you do it I have the best one, Kitchel”. Or roughly that, maybe someone can help a little.

The story I remember about Kitchel:
Knight was criticizing and complaining about the new 3 pt shot. Said something like “ if you do it I have the best one, Kitchel”. Or roughly that, maybe someone can help a little.
Don’t think the 3 point line was implemented when he was at IU. Sounds like Alford to me

Reactions: Pryght
I'm not looking it up, but I think it was for one year. I think it might have been in conference play only.
Yeah, I believe that's correct. It was an experimental thing by the B10 for that year and RMK ended up supporting it because, well yeah, he had Kitch and Witt. Doubt it was used in the tournament or non-conference games and I looked it up and while Kitch shot like 65% from 3 (sheesh!) he was like 21-32. Only 32 attempts seems would indicate only conference play.

Reactions: Brockway
Yeah, I believe that's correct. It was an experimental thing by the B10 for that year and RMK ended up supporting it because, well yeah, he had Kitch and Witt. Doubt it was used in the tournament or non-conference games and I looked it up and while Kitch shot like 65% from 3 (sheesh!) he was like 21-32. Only 32 attempts seems would indicate only conference play.
65%.
Does he have any eligibility left?

Don’t think the 3 point line was implemented when he was at IU. Sounds like Alford to me
My recall was that he said there were only 3 guys in the Big Ten who could shoot it, and he had two of them. RMK didn't name the third one, and there was someone on each team that played IU who tried to show that he was the third shooter, to that team's detriment.

Reactions: Brockway and kkott
Having more than one good shooter on the team will be a change and I think we'll have several. Kopp might be the best of three or four good ones.

I wanna see them actually shoot some in live action before I proclaim we actually have shooters…. But Kopp, Leal, Bates and Parker could all be considered above average this year, all have a shot at 40%+ from deep IMO.

Reactions: MrBing
65%.
Does he have any eligibility left?
Kitch was one of the best pure shooters to ever step foot in the Hall. And one of the few players that RMK couldn't 'break'. Kitch was as stubborn and hard headed as Knight was. Some classic stories about those two during the early 80s. Kitch's body (specifically his back ) betrayed him his Sr yr....and wounded an extremely good team with F4 potential.

Reactions: kkott and Brockway
I wanna see them actually shoot some in live action before I proclaim we actually have shooters…. But Kopp, Leal, Bates and Parker could all be considered above average this year, all have a shot at 40%+ from deep IMO.
Absolutely. I don't want to be unpleasantly surprised again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT