ADVERTISEMENT

Miller Kopp....

Myhurricane

Redshirt
Mar 27, 2016
What's the scoop on this young man? Can anyone tell me a bit about him? What kind of player are we getting if we land him? Thanks in advance.

Good perimeter shooter and really plays all out. At 6:7 seems like a taller, much better shooting version of Galloway. Just a very experienced B1G player.

Reactions: 76-1
What's the scoop on this young man? Can anyone tell me a bit about him? What kind of player are we getting if we land him? Thanks in advance.
Miller is a heady tweener who can shoot. His experience in the BIG is a definite positive and I would like to see him here. If he wants to go to Law School IU is a good place to be. I do not know him or know what his desires are at this point...does he want to stay in the midwest and the BIG or does he want a completely new experience?

Miller is a heady tweener who can shoot. His experience in the BIG is a definite positive and I would like to see him here. If he wants to go to Law School IU is a good place to be. I do not know him or know what his desires are at this point...does he want to stay in the midwest and the BIG or does he want a completely new experience?
that last line of yours- that's what I took out of the ITH article....does he want to stay in the B1G meatgrinder all winter? Or would he enjoy playing in the Pac 10 which isn't known to be anywhere near as physical...and the weather is usually much more pleasant all winter?

Also, with the Covid yr this year, does he actually have 2 yrs left if he wants? or only 1 yr?

that last line of yours- that's what I took out of the ITH article....does he want to stay in the B1G meatgrinder all winter? Or would he enjoy playing in the Pac 10 which isn't known to be anywhere near as physical...and the weather is usually much more pleasant all winter?

Also, with the Covid yr this year, does he actually have 2 yrs left if he wants? or only 1 yr?
Well, i guess we now know.

I like this add from an experience and heady standpoint. Not to mention the guy can hit FT like a real Hoosier.

Great job CMW and staff.

This is a solid pickup as he was a top 100 recruit out of HS and is now a developed 3 year starting veteran (w/2 years left) in the B1G.

Although slightly undersized, he fits the mold we need of a shooting forward in an uptempo offense. If we are going smaller and put TJD at C, then we need a PF that can shoot the ball in transition to give TJD the spacing down low......that is Kopp's game to a T. At 6'7 he should be able to defend PF's. I imagine he and Hunter would play together as well so there's versatility when defending the 4.

Reactions: 76-1
This is a solid pickup as he was a top 100 recruit out of HS and is now a developed 3 year starting veteran (w/2 years left) in the B1G.

Although slightly undersized, he fits the mold we need of a shooting forward in an uptempo offense. If we are going smaller and put TJD at C, then we need a PF that can shoot the ball in transition to give TJD the spacing down low......that is Kopp's game to a T. At 6'7 he should be able to defend PF's. I imagine he and Hunter would play together as well so there's versatility when defending the 4.

Exactly, Kopp is the perfect 4 for Woodson's offense and it wouldn't shock me to see him start.

Size that can shoot makes everything easier.

Last edited:
I’ve not been this excited about IU basketball since Cody’s freshman year. Buzz is building. What a great undersized fast playing roster. We will see a very nice transition game with the secondary break similar to Crean with better coaching. Transition 3’s are back.

Not sure if anyone agrees but kinda reminds me of Kreigh Smith type. I'd say Steve Eyl but Eyl was a bit more athletic. The bench should be a lot stronger for IU this season. Losing Franklin and Durham hurts very little when you replace them with Bates,Kopp,Johnson and Stewart. Addition by subtraction.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Not sure if anyone agrees but kinda reminds me of Kreigh Smith type. I'd say Steve Eyl but Eyl was a bit more athletic. The bench should be a lot stronger for IU this season. Losing Franklin and Durham hurts very little when you replace them with Bates,Kopp,Johnson and Stewart. Addition by subtraction.
He really looks like Evans to me.

Reactions: All4You
While I like Kopp as a player, I'm a bit concerned by our lack of size. I was really hoping to pull in someone that could hold their own against opposing bigs. We just looked too overmatched inside last season and I can see that being the case again.

Hopefully Logan really steps up and adds some much needed inside presence this year.

While I like Kopp as a player, I'm a bit concerned by our lack of size. I was really hoping to pull in someone that could hold their own against opposing bigs. We just looked too overmatched inside last season and I can see that being the case again.

Hopefully Logan really steps up and adds some much needed inside presence this year.

The good news on that front is that last year's monsters (Garza, Cockburn, Johnson, Robbins) are mostly gone.

Reactions: MTBRider
If he wants to go to law school, isn't Northwestern the better place to be?

Sweet mother of Abraham Lincoln.

CMW has certainly exceeded all conceivable expectations and built a roster around his offence/defense and what...I'll go on a limb...we've all considered deficits on our roster (and yes our coaching).

I'm only 54.

A young man really.

Never thought I'd see the day.

(Oh. By the way. Matta and Fife.)

I do...understand some "we need a big" sentiment...I don't necessarily disagree...but man...man o'man

Exciting roster...

Some players will be unhappy with the minutes they get. Hopefully there are going to be a lot of battles for playing time.

Some players will be unhappy with the minutes they get. Hopefully there are going to be a lot of battles for playing time.
wouldn't surprise me at all to see a new entry (or 2) into the portal. Several younger players probably realizing they may see less playing time next yr than what they saw this yr. Galloway needs to learn to shoot, and fast.

Reactions: kkott
Good shooter... what? 90% FT shooter. Wait... 90% FT shooter? At IU? 'bout time! Competition for minutes for everyone on this roster. 'bout time!

wouldn't surprise me at all to see a new entry (or 2) into the portal. Several younger players probably realizing they may see less playing time next yr than what they saw this yr. Galloway needs to learn to shoot, and fast.
I don't see it. Guys like Galloway and Leal are technically freshman eligibility wise and have a bright future ahead. Most of our new additions are likely one year rentals. I don't see Stewart or XJ staying more than a year. Stewart will be in his 6th year if he elects to come back for the 22-23 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTBRider
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT