ADVERTISEMENT

Millenials the new Boomers?

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
@JamieDimonsBalls

There’s “no question” that some emerging evidence shows many millennials are unhealthier than predicted, says Dr. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association.
“Hypertension, diabetes and obesity drives a lot of that,” Benjamin says, adding that the obesity epidemic may be one of the root causes of the rise in rates of hypertension, diabetes and even certain types of cancer. Benjamin also says that studies show millennials are far less likely to be smokers, making diseases related to smoking less common.
Among the older millennials surveyed by CNBC Make It, migraine headaches, major depression and asthma are the three most common ailments. Type 2 diabetes and hypertension round out the top five.

@JamieDimonsBalls

There’s “no question” that some emerging evidence shows many millennials are unhealthier than predicted, says Dr. Georges Benjamin, executive director of the American Public Health Association.
“Hypertension, diabetes and obesity drives a lot of that,” Benjamin says, adding that the obesity epidemic may be one of the root causes of the rise in rates of hypertension, diabetes and even certain types of cancer. Benjamin also says that studies show millennials are far less likely to be smokers, making diseases related to smoking less common.
Among the older millennials surveyed by CNBC Make It, migraine headaches, major depression and asthma are the three most common ailments. Type 2 diabetes and hypertension round out the top five.

They should all get married, have kids and a nice big mortgage. Then they won't have time to worry about their health.

Reactions: 76-1
They should all get married, have kids and a nice big mortgage. Then they won't have time to worry about their health.
I actually read the other day that they are a significant factor driving the booming housing market. They’ve entered the arena....

I actually read the other day that they are a significant factor driving the booming housing market. They’ve entered the arena....
Funny you should mention the housing market.

Saw this article today on the website of the Indy Fox affiliate:

Indianapolis homeowner files discrimination complaint after removal of Black identifiers leads to $100,000 appraisal increase​

Nothing "systemic" to see here...move along.

Our neighbors sold for about $130,000 more than I thought they'd get. Makes me hopeful. On the other side, as we're looking in western NC and SC and northern GA, we're finding building costs are now around $300/sf.

Our neighbors sold for about $130,000 more than I thought they'd get. Makes me hopeful. On the other side, as we're looking in western NC and SC and northern GA, we're finding building costs are now around $300/sf.
Lumber. Western Carolina used to be dirt cheap before it was found out. Now it’s pricey

Indianapolis homeowner files discrimination complaint after removal of Black identifiers leads to $100,000 appraisal increase​

Sad and insane. You know that’s common too. I don’t know anything about that complaint process - whether it’s a reprimand or you actually get something if you prevail.

Yup expensive and hard to find

I have a huge 110-year-old Oak tree in the northwest corner of our property. My bride said, "that's where we're building." I thought, "that tree is going to make every November my month of pain."

Reactions: 76-1
I have a huge 110-year-old Oak tree in the northwest corner of our property. My bride said, "that's where we're building." I thought, "that tree is going to make every November my month of pain."
Lol that’s awesome!!! Look for any Burls on it. They too are gold!

Sad and insane. You know that’s common too. I don’t know anything about that complaint process - whether it’s a reprimand or you actually get something if you prevail.
I don't understand why an appraiser would undervalue a home owned by a black woman. What would be the motivation, beyond just being a douchebag?

I don't understand why an appraiser would undervalue a home owned by a black woman. What would be the motivation, beyond just being a douchebag?
I don’t know. Why would the appraiser care? I don’t know much about that stuff.

What a crock. Home value is determined by market and adjusted for location, square footage of land and improvements, build quality, and condition of improvements and maybe reproduction costs. Nowhere does wall art enter into valuation. But given the ignorant wokeness of people in authority these days, her complaint probably gets traction.

What a crock. Value is determined by market and adjusted for location, square footage of land and improvements, build quality, and condition of improvements. Nowhere does wall art enter into valuation. But given the ignorant wokeness of people in authority these days, her complaint probably gets traction.

Not to change the subject or anything, but your boy Tony LaRussa has been hitting the Chicago deep dish pizza and beer circuit. Watching the Sox and the Reds and Tony has one serious high barrel gut going.

• Haha
Reactions: bigmac76
What a crock. Home value is determined by market and adjusted for location, square footage of land and improvements, build quality, and condition of improvements and maybe reproduction costs. Nowhere does wall art enter into valuation. But given the ignorant wokeness of people in authority these days, her complaint probably gets traction.
I don’t know Coh there’s a bunch of weird valuations with that stuff. I told you before my buddy represented the 2nd wealthiest black man in the world for 30 plus years. On the side he used to do all kinds of random shit. One of the things is he would challenge real estate tax assessments and get the taxes knocked down. There seems to be considerable license in property valuations

Last edited:
Not to change the subject or anything, but your boy Tony LaRussa has been hitting the Chicago deep dish pizza and beer circuit. Watching the Sox and the Reds and Tony has one serious high barrel gut going.

I had two former cop clients tasked with picking him up from bars. They had an entire covert system to keep him from driving as much as possible

I haven’t paid any attention to MLB since the All Star game fiasco. That said, La Russia is only a year younger than me, and I still have a lot of beer and pizza ahead of me.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I don’t know Coh there’s a bunch of weird valuations with that stuff. I told you before my buddy represented the 2nd wealthiest black man in the world for 30 plus years. On the side he used to do all kinds of random shit. One of the things is he would challenge real estate tax assessments and get the appraisals knocked down. There seems to be considerable license in property valuations
Knocking back tax appraisals on high value unique property is pretty easy. The more value, the fewer comparable sales and more out the ass opinion.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Knocking back tax appraisals on high value unique property is pretty easy. The more value, the fewer comparable sales and more out the ass opinion.
Yeah he’d literally get 25 on the same day set for hearing and blow through them all

Then how do you explain the difference in appraisals once all the black references were removed?

@JamieDimonsBalls

If you’re asking if Gen X or the Xennials are the new greatest generation then I’m not saying you’re wrong.....

Thank you, "expert". I forgot that black people have never had issues in the housing market.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry Hondo
Thank you, "expert". I forgot that black people have never had issues in the housing market.
Take two seconds to think about what she said in the link (assuming that is accurate), and what anybody knows about values. (Location, location, location!). I understand about race and values, but this ain’t that. Nobody redlined wall art. We can’t fix racism with dumbassary like what this lady says and where you are. She and you are not helpful.

@JamieDimonsBalls

fat parents breed fat kids? Who knew?

Reactions: NPT and Bill4411
Take two seconds to think about what she said in the link (assuming that is accurate), and what anybody knows about values. (Location, location, location!). I understand about race and values, but this ain’t that. Nobody redlined wall art. We can’t fix racism with dumbassary like what this lady says and where you are. She and you are not helpful.
Thank you for your "expert" input.

Thank you for your "expert" input.
If were as patronizing as goat, I’d say I’m trying to teach you something. It doesn’t take an expert to know that an appraiser isn’t looking at book titles as he or she is traipsing around a house with a tape measure and looking at condition and fixtures.

Appraisers have become very conservative... particularly when it comes to refinancing/cash outs. Also a lot of them are just stupid, from what I can tell... pulling comps from neighborhoods 2 miles away..... which within Indy might as well be a different state.

I've had ones come in $100k lower than expected/reasonable.... also have had ones come back $75k+ more than I expected.....

I don’t know Coh there’s a bunch of weird valuations with that stuff. I told you before my buddy represented the 2nd wealthiest black man in the world for 30 plus years. On the side he used to do all kinds of random shit. One of the things is he would challenge real estate tax assessments and get the taxes knocked down. There seems to be considerable license in property valuations
My property tax assessment increased 25% from the year prior. I guess they pay attention to market values.

If were as patronizing as goat, I’d say I’m trying to teach you something. It doesn’t take an expert to know that an appraiser isn’t looking at book titles as he or she is traipsing around a house with a tape measure and looking at condition and fixtures.
So, race never ever affects values.
I'll take your "expert" word on it, I guess.
Fox and their damn race baiting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT