ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Sanford, former Notre Dame OC, WKU HC

IUCX9

Junior
Nov 30, 2018
What do you think about Mike Sanford, former ND OC prior to WKU HC. Got unjustly fired after only 2 seasons. Mainly because Brohm brought over his entire WKU class and raided his roster for grad transfers. My nephew's son goes to WKU, and the feeling is Brohm gutted their roster to shore up PU. Pretty shitty imo.

Anyway, Sanford has called plays very successfully at Notre Dame and has HC experience as well as furture HC aspirations. He might consider leaving Utah State - where he just started as OC - for a B1G post as HC of the Offense and more money than a MWC conference member can afford.

EDIT

Other positives:
- Midwest Guy
- Had success as OC at top program
- Young, driven, looking to prove himselft

Last edited:
What do you think about Mike Sanford, former ND OC prior to WKU HC. Got unjustly fired after only 2 seasons. Mainly because Brohm brought over his entire WKU class and raided his roster for grad transfers. My nephew's son goes to WKU, and the feeling is Brohm gutted their roster to shore up PU. Pretty shitty imo.

Anyway, Sanford has called plays very successfully at Notre Dame and has HC experience as well as furture HC aspirations. He might consider leaving Utah State - where he just started as OC - for a B1G post as HC of the Offense and more money than a MWC conference member can afford.

EDIT

Other positives:
- Midwest Guy

I could live with that...

EDIT

Other positives:
- Midwest Guy
I would be thrilled. He was also the primary recruiter for ND QB Ian Book who I think is similar in terms of athleticism to Tuttle so that would also be an offensive scheme fit.

He was not that highly regarded at ND and certainly not at WKU.
i don't think it's kosher to quit a job you just accepted to take the same position at another school. wouldn't that be frowned on in the profession? if allen wanted this guy he could have hired him so my guess is allen doesn't want him

Mainly because Brohm brought over his entire WKU class and raided his roster for grad transfers. My nephew's son goes to WKU, and the feeling is Brohm gutted their roster to shore up PU. Pretty shitty imo.
IIRC, Brohm brought 6 from his 2017 WKU class and 1 grad transfer, then 1 more grad transfer the following year. 6 is hardly an entire recruiting class, and 2 grad transfers in 2 years is not exactly raiding.

IIRC, Brohm brought 6 from his 2017 WKU class and 1 grad transfer, then 1 more grad transfer the following year. 6 is hardly an entire recruiting class, and 2 grad transfers in 2 years is not exactly raiding.
It's pretty common among coaches to do this.

What you fail to understand is that these were their better players. True it might only 8 or 10 players but for a Sunbelt Conference team that can be a significant hit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT