ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Hart is joining Harbaugh’s staff in Ann Arbor

Just saw that, this is a big blow. I know it's his alma mater...but kind of surprised by this. He was a rising star at IU and highly respected on a team that is poised to do great things. He's walking into a sh*t show of a program (granted, JH just got extended) that just seems broken.

Either way, good luck to HIM...but hope Meatchicken continues to deteriorate.

Just saw that, this is a big blow. I know it's his alma mater...but kind of surprised by this. He was a rising star at IU and highly respected on a team that is poised to do great things. He's walking into a sh*t show of a program (granted, JH just got extended) that just seems broken.

Either way, good luck to HIM...but hope Meatchicken continues to deteriorate.
Harbaugh got extended for less money. How often you see that? LOL.

Hart has always seemed like he has had one eye on next job, from school he left for Syracuse to ten IU and now UM. (Don’t forget he interviewed for Notre Dame RB job a year ago.).

Thats life of coaching I suppose, but I am not surprised by this news.

I get the Alma mater factor and brand name of UM. But I think IU is on the rise where UM right now with Harbaugh is semi-flatlining, TBD.

To me, these are great opportunities for IU to add great talent to the staff. Imagine a new RB coach with great recruiting ties, mama be in the south, and who may bring new perspectives to the run game. Same with a new DC or LB coach coming in.

IU is in a great place, will attract great candidates and we should want a staff full of peoe who want to be at IU. (And wish anyone leaving well.)

Hoosiers finished 11th in the conference rushing this year. Assuming there are no more defections the entire stable of running backs is coming back next year so whoever they pick will have a year to get their act together

Last edited:
I am glad coach Hart was at IU but he had been looking to leave and that is his right. Going back to his alma mater has to be special for him and if he wants the HC job there I hope he gets it soon.

Reactions: red hornet
The Harbaugh thing didn’t work out. Stay the course and they’re staring down 3rd in the East at best every single year.
I'm not sure that you can say that something that isn't over did not work out. After two years, CTA wasn't "working out." Things change. Kids graduate. On paper, Michigan has better players than us. We finished the season ranked #7. Why couldn't a motivated-by-historic-failure Michigan win the B1G East this year? Not saying they will, but to act like this isn't the same program that beat the crap out of us in Bloomington 15 months ago and 30 out of the last 31 (50 out of 52) is a bit naive, IMO.

Could he have been more successful at UM? Absolutely. But we cannot possibly know what they will look like on the field next year.

ADVERTISEMENT