ADVERTISEMENT

Might be a stupid question...

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
Is it conceivable we are cancelling games that would further kill our RPI and blaming it on the weather?

He must not live here. It snowed both days that games were cancelled. And Cancelling Wright St might actually cost us in the RPI assuming a win.

Reactions: jmbennett
Ok. I said it's possibly a stupid question. Just seems like we've played in pretty nasty stuff a few years ago. I remember the home opener a few years ago when they had to plow the entire field to play. Big snowbanks down both lines.

Ok. I said it's possibly a stupid question. Just seems like we've played in pretty nasty stuff a few years ago. I remember the home opener a few years ago when they had to plow the entire field to play. Big snowbanks down both lines.
They’ve already done that. But opposing teams can’t stay here forever and it’s still snowing.

Reactions: mk23
This weather has just been so crappy for so long. I don't think they are that worried about the RPI at this point. We are 15-4 and ranked #11 (by DIBaseball.com).....we are in very good shape right now. I would think they just want to get some games in, regardless of RPI implications.

Reactions: mk23 and RBB89
Playing the directional Illinois schools, even with the sweep, caused our current RPI and SOS to nose-dive, so if we played Wright St, it would have brought it down a little more. We will be playing some of the better teams in the conference, and with nonconference games against UK and Louisville, our situation with the RPI will improve as long as we take care of business.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT