ADVERTISEMENT

Midyear enrollees fitting in

It is good to hear from those two about the attitude of the returning players heading into the 2020 season. Due to the attitude they could knock off some of the powers and beat the other teams. Diaco didn't have a good defense at Nebraska and I hope it turns the same way for Purdue, we will see if he does better at PU though.

Thnx Steve. Sounds like Powell may not be healed from his torn right shoulder labrum which kept him out of the entire 2019 season & may keep him out of spring practice. We can only hope he's ready to go by this summer-fall.

Powell had surgery in October and has a 6 month recovery. He is limited for Spring Ball but he is doing great in rehab and will be ready to roll full steam with no restrictions come May.

Powell had surgery in October and has a 6 month recovery. He is limited for Spring Ball but he is doing great in rehab and will be ready to roll full steam with no restrictions come May.
Sounds like a great young man. Interesting to hear him talk about his left arm blowing up with the weight training. It will be quite difficult to get the right side caught up over the summer. I hope it all goes well for him.

Question regarding the midyear enrollment. This used to be called a grayshirt, and at one point you could only use those spots if you had unused scholarships from the year before.

Has thay changed? I don't remember us having that many open spots last year. It's very possible I am misremembering the rule, just wanted to know if anyone had insight on how this works now.

It has to be beneficial for these guys getting extra time in the weight program and reps in spring practice.

ADVERTISEMENT