ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan vs O$U officially cancelled

Someone else will cancel and OSU will get a game. Anyone know if the 6 have to be conference games? Cincy with Fickle at helm could provide an out of conference ranked match up. Anyone know? Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: 76-1
Someone else will cancel and OSU will get a game. Anyone know if the 6 have to be conference games? Cincy with Fickle at helm could provide an out of conference ranked match up. Anyone know? Go Hoosiers!
Wouldn’t it have to be 6 conference games since the B10 said it wouldn’t play any out of conference games? They’ll change the rules I’m sure

Ok, what's next?

POTFB
Things are about to get very interesting.
The conference will either amend the 6 game minimum or find them another game.
If that happens Nebraska will be hot.
Remember at the beginning of the year they tried to schedule an out of conference game and the BIG,nixed it?

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
If they do that Nebraska will be pissed.
BIG wouldn’t let them play an non conference game at the beginning of the year.
What’s good for the goose is good for the gander😂

Things are about to get very interesting.
The conference will either amend the 6 game minimum or find them another game.
If that happens Nebraska will be hot.
Remember at the beginning of the year they tried to schedule an out of conference game and the BIG,nixed it?

An out of conference game won't work. You have to have 6 B1G conference games. They can schedule one within conference if another game is cancelled. Its highly likely as that has happened at least the last 3 weeks, I believe.

Reactions: CC Mac
As much as I want to see IU play for a B10 championship, I'm fine with the B10 amending the rules since the Buckeyes did beat IU H2H. We can call the B10 hypocrites all we want and it's their own virtue signalling that has lead us to this facade in the first place, but the B10 and its subsequent schools can't afford for the Buckeyes to potentially miss the CFB playoffs. That revenue share is HUGE in a pandemic year.

B10 is either going to amend its six game rule and let OSU play in the B10 championship or let them play an OOC game. Ole Miss and TAMU just cancelled their game due to COVID issues at Ole Miss, might be the matchup we see unless another B10 game is cancelled this weekend.

Here's what is going to happen:
1. All Big Ten games other than OSU-Mich are going to play.
2. There is talk that the 1, 2 and 3 crossover games are at Lucas Oil next weekend.
3. Next Friday, the 3s will be Maryland-Wisconsin and Friday prime time will be the 2s, OSU-Iowa.
4. The championship game is IU-Northwestern.

Reactions: Chriselli
An out of conference game won't work. You have to have 6 B1G conference games. They can schedule one within conference if another game is cancelled. Its highly likely as that has happened at least the last 3 weeks, I believe.
My bad,you are correct,sorry.

As much as I want to see IU play for a B10 championship, I'm fine with the B10 amending the rules since the Buckeyes did beat IU H2H. We can call the B10 hypocrites all we want and it's their own virtue signalling that has lead us to this facade in the first place, but the B10 and its subsequent schools can't afford for the Buckeyes to potentially miss the CFB playoffs. That revenue share is HUGE in a pandemic year.

B10 is either going to amend its six game rule and let OSU play in the B10 championship or let them play an OOC game. Ole Miss and TAMU just cancelled their game due to COVID issues at Ole Miss, might be the matchup we see unless another B10 game is cancelled this weekend.
They were fine with passing on the cash when they decided to prematurely cancel the season.

They were fine with passing on the cash when they decided to prematurely cancel the season.

Which is why their virtue signalling is going to make them huge hypocrites. The ACC, SEC, and B12 along with other small conferences called the B10 bluff and said to hell with them.

Wouldn't it be funny if Purdue has to cancel and Ohio State were to call Indiana and offer to play in Bloomington. *yawn* "We would really like to do that but, we're good, thanks." vbg
Hmmm . . . let's think about this a bit . . . would IU be better off saying "no thanks"? Or would IU love a second bite at that apple, when O$U likely has a few starters out with COVID still, IU would get that much more national publicity (like BYU and Coastal Carolina got for rejiggering their schedules at the last second), and a win over O$U could vault IU into the national playoff discussion?

Hmmmm . . . I think you gotta let CTA ask his guys whether they believe they can beat O$U . . . .

Which is why their virtue signalling is going to make them huge hypocrites. The ACC, SEC, and B12 along with other small conferences called the B10 bluff and said to hell with them.

I wonder what kind of response you'd get if you asked ADs from the ACC and SEC whether they'd play in 2020 knowing how it would play out . . .

. . . I'd be OK with hazarding a guess about how the ADs at PU, Minnesota, Maryland, PSU and UM . . . maybe even Nebraksa - would respond if they were asked . . . .

Hmmm . . . let's think about this a bit . . . would IU be better off saying "no thanks"? Or would IU love a second bite at that apple, when O$U likely has a few starters out with COVID still, IU would get that much more national publicity (like BYU and Coastal Carolina got for rejiggering their schedules at the last second), and a win over O$U could vault IU into the national playoff discussion?

Hmmmm . . . I think you gotta let CTA ask his guys whether they believe they can beat O$U . . . .

You absolutely take it. IU is playing with house money right now. You somehow beat OSU, IU's 7-1 record trumps OSU's 6-1 record and you're the undisputed East champion. Would give IU at least a puncher's chance of making the CFB playoff's.

My understanding is that Cincy's scheduled game with Tulsa for this weekend has already been canceled due to COVID issues with Cincy.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
You absolutely take it. IU is playing with house money right now. You somehow beat OSU, IU's 7-1 record trumps OSU's 6-1 record and you're the undisputed East champion. Would give IU at least a puncher's chance of making the CFB playoff's.
IU would have Caleb Jones back at RT too . . . the running game would get that much more interesting . . . .

Reactions: IUgradman
UM has the COVID issues . . . this will raise questions about whether Harbaugh simply lost interest because of the way his team has played . . . but COVID is a legit reason to cancel.

Heck.., their AD and Harbaugh probably gave them all orders to go out clubbing... 😉🤣😷

The Michigan brand is barely treading water as it is... A 90 point drubbing by Ohio State would have put it on life support...

You'd have the take a survey to ascertain who's happier about missing their annual embarrassment at the hands of the worthless nuts..., their players, their fans, their coach or their AD...😂

Last edited:

I'm certain INDIANA would be for it but the Big Ten would Never give us another shot at them (in my opinion).,,

Reactions: IUAPEX

No, I could understand that. I would want another crack at them too.

With that said, if IU somehow does make the B1G title game then OSU is not going to be in the CFP. If Alabama crushes UF in the SEC title game and IU wins the B1G title game, there are 3 teams in contention for the final playoffs spot.....IU, Cincy and Texas A&M. Gosh forbid ND beats Clemson, we could be a virtual lock for the CFP.

But, Cincy still has a ranked opponent left (Tulsa) and may lose but either way haven't played anyone really. They likely have no shot at the CFP. A&M got CRUSHED by Alabama in October and also will not play in the SEC final. If IU wins the B1G title and only lost a close game AT OSU......I think IU takes that 4th spot.

Reactions: Tony Warwick
[QUOTE="Courtsensetwo, post: 3059859, member: 5182
A - H -
[/QUOTE]

I can't remember the last two letters without the help of a Buckeye shouting it at me... Sorry...to leave you hanging... 😉😎

Last edited:

Neither AHIA nor the BIG want any part of a second game with IU. Far too much risk in IU winning and knocking the nutjobs out of the CFP.

No, I could understand that. I would want another crack at them too.

With that said, if IU somehow does make the B1G title game then OSU is not going to be in the CFP. If Alabama crushes UF in the SEC title game and IU wins the B1G title game, there are 3 teams in contention for the final playoffs spot.....IU, Cincy and Texas A&M. Gosh forbid ND beats Clemson, we could be a virtual lock for the CFP.

But, Cincy still has a ranked opponent left (Tulsa) and may lose but either way haven't played anyone really. They likely have no shot at the CFP. A&M got CRUSHED by Alabama in October and also will not play in the SEC final. If IU wins the B1G title and only lost a close game AT OSU......I think IU takes that 4th spot.
We can only sit back and watch how this plays out . . . of course 2020 being what it has been- overall, but also for IU's football team this year, it would be fitting for IU to be in the national championship playoffs.

Why not?

Reactions: mobilehoosier
The last thing the Big 10 wants is for OSU to play a strong opponent this week and chance an upset. What they would really like is for Maryland to get freed up so they can make up the game that was canceled several weeks ago.
If that were the case, who gets to decide who Maryland plays? Maryland?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT