ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan loses a top recruit

I'm withholding judgement on Howard until we have a few complete seasons to witness. He was by far my favorite player on the fab fraud five. Lunch pail guy with great post moves and footwork. Not much of a showboat like Webber or Rose, just fought hard inside and put up 15 and 10 every night. I hope he has success, just not at the expense of IU. I'll be pulling for him every time he faces Izzo.

some great games to watch from early 90s- Webber and Howard battling inside with Alan, Nover and Cheney. High level basketball.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I agree - it is.

I believe he was being facetious. So let’s just compare the two schools ‘20 b-ball recruits. With Lander in ‘20 we will have ( 1) 5star, (2) 4 stars and a 3 star in Galloway who is better than most 4/5 star players and you will find out that he is a steal for IU. Trey Galloway will be an impact player. MU will have (3) 4 stars and an 1 unranked 3 star. How is that better than IU’s class. So we have a better overall class than MU’s.. But whatever anyone says positively you always say something negatively. IU is on our way back to elite and you continue to spout negatives about everything. IU has the coach we will have for the next 30 years and we will have tremendous success. I am sure of it. Why are you so negative about it? And why do you feel so sure Archie will fail. There is no precedent that CAM will fail. He has been very successful at Dayton. The negativity doesn’t make sense when we are getting better every year and also getting the best players in IN. Plus we are having continuity that many programs don’t have. Bobby did the same and you saw his results and Archie will have the same results from now on. So I am sure you will find something negative in my retort. So please fire away. Does fpeaugh mean “For Purdue”? The reason I ask is that you have never made a positive post about IU ever since I can remember and I have been a member for 10 years or so.

Who assigns the stars? How many of these players have you actually seen play?

The people at rivals ranks these kids, national guys, Corey Evans and such.

I've seen the Indiana Elite kids play a couple times.

I'm on record as saying I could care less about stars. I'm more interested in offers. I'm mearly stating the fact that he's always talking about stars and how they matter. He's stated that Michigan's recruiting is head and shoulders above ours. I was pointing out that when Landers reclassifies, that will give us a five star, two four stars and a three star which is ranked. They have three four stars and a three star who is not ranked.

I would not say that they are recruiting head and shoulders better than we are, would you?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
The people at rivals ranks these kids, national guys, Corey Evans and such.

I've seen the Indiana Elite kids play a couple times.

I'm on record as saying I could care less about stars. I'm more interested in offers. I'm mearly stating the fact that he's always talking about stars and how they matter. He's stated that Michigan's recruiting is head and shoulders above ours. I was pointing out that when Landers reclassifies, that will give us a five star, two four stars and a three star which is ranked. They have three four stars and a three star who is not ranked.

I would not say that they are recruiting head and shoulders better than we are, would you?
I would say recruiting is needs based first, and access based second. I think Howard will have access greater than most, including Miller.

I'm withholding judgement on Howard until we have a few complete seasons to witness. He was by far my favorite player on the fab fraud five. Lunch pail guy with great post moves and footwork. Not much of a showboat like Webber or Rose, just fought hard inside and put up 15 and 10 every night. I hope he has success, just not at the expense of IU. I'll be pulling for him every time he faces Izzo.

some great games to watch from early 90s- Webber and Howard battling inside with Alan, Nover and Cheney. High level basketball.
I didn't care for Michigan or the "Fab Five," but I did like Howard as a player. Michigan obviously rolled the dice hiring him as their head coach. He had no head coaching experience and no college coaching experience. I can't think of any former college and NBA star with such a slight coaching resume that has become a very successful college head coach. I'm not surprised that he's recruiting pretty well (he's not recruiting better than IU), but he has to coach them too. He could be a great success and he could be mediocre, or unsuccessful. I think the odds favor being mediocre, but we'll have to see what happens over the next two or three years to see which way he goes.

I didn't care for Michigan or the "Fab Five," but I did like Howard as a player. Michigan obviously rolled the dice hiring him as their head coach. He had no head coaching experience and no college coaching experience. I can't think of any former college and NBA star with such a slight coaching resume that has become a very successful college head coach. I'm not surprised that he's recruiting pretty well (he's not recruiting better than IU), but he has to coach them too. He could be a great success and he could be mediocre, or unsuccessful. I think the odds favor being mediocre, but we'll have to see what happens over the next two or three years to see which way he goes.

Sorry...the only two opinions allowed are:
1. Best coach EVARRR!
2. Dumpster Fire

Fred Hoiberg.

Michigan has never had problems recruiting, Tommy Amaker, Steve Fischer always had some of the highest rated classes in the Big Ten.

The question is, can Howard develop players and maintain balanced rosters every year. That's what separated Beilein from past Michigan coaches. Also, their current recruiting class is not as strong as it looks on paper.

Reactions: hondo314 and MrBing
I would say recruiting is needs based first, and access based second. I think Howard will have access greater than most, including Miller.

I agree that recruiting, generally, is needs based first. However, you lost me when you said Howard will be able to have greater access than Miller in certain aspects. You'll have to clarify that one for me. Archie is pretty well known in the college game and the name Indiana will get him in places just like the name Juwan Howard will get Howard in places.

Archie will do just fine going up against Howard in recruiting. He's already 1-0 against him in that aspect.

I agree that recruiting, generally, is needs based first. However, you lost me when you said Howard will be able to have greater access than Miller in certain aspects. You'll have to clarify that one for me. Archie is pretty well known in the college game and the name Indiana will get him in places just like the name Juwan Howard will get Howard in places.

Archie will do just fine going up against Howard in recruiting. He's already 1-0 against him in that aspect.
Howard’s professional career and associated name recognition are much more likely to resonate with recruits than someone like Miller, whom recruits will be surprised to learn even played at the college level. Saying Miller will “do just fine against Howard” is simply an opinion with no factual backing whatsoever. The “he’s 1-0” is vacuous.

Last edited:
I believe he was being facetious. So let’s just compare the two schools ‘20 b-ball recruits. With Lander in ‘20 we will have ( 1) 5star, (2) 4 stars and a 3 star in Galloway who is better than most 4/5 star players and you will find out that he is a steal for IU. Trey Galloway will be an impact player. MU will have (3) 4 stars and an 1 unranked 3 star. How is that better than IU’s class. So we have a better overall class than MU’s.. But whatever anyone says positively you always say something negatively. IU is on our way back to elite and you continue to spout negatives about everything. IU has the coach we will have for the next 30 years and we will have tremendous success. I am sure of it. Why are you so negative about it? And why do you feel so sure Archie will fail. There is no precedent that CAM will fail. He has been very successful at Dayton. The negativity doesn’t make sense when we are getting better every year and also getting the best players in IN. Plus we are having continuity that many programs don’t have. Bobby did the same and you saw his results and Archie will have the same results from now on. So I am sure you will find something negative in my retort. So please fire away. Does fpeaugh mean “For Purdue”? The reason I ask is that you have never made a positive post about IU ever since I can remember and I have been a member for 10 years or so.
This is all your bias and conjecture. You’re saying IU recruits are all underrated but no other recruits are. That’s pure bias and has no basis in reality.

The facts are that he hasn’t made the tournament and finished 6th then 9th then 11th in the Big Ten. Recruiting is average at best with a negative trend. The reality does not look good.

Why not? It only took 1 season for you to go from "great hire" to "worst coach ever" regarding Miller.
2 years at IU - 8 total as a head coach.

You might have forgot that Howard finished above Archie last year in his first season.

Just so we can clarify, you're saying that Michigan's recruiting, their three four star and one three star will be better than our five star when he reclassifies, two four stars and one three star (our three star is ranked and theirs isn't).

Just wanted you to get that cleared up for us. That is head and shoulders better recruiting?
IF he reclassifies, he will very likely not be a 5 star. Their class still appears superior.

Howard’s professional career and associated name recognition are much more likely to resonate with recruits than someone like Miller, whom recruits will be surprised to learn even played at the college level. Saying Miller will “do just fine against Howard” is simply an opinion with no factual backing whatsoever. The “he’s 1-0” is vacuous.

Michigan was in it with Lander and mattered to him.

Archie won that battle. Michigan fans were pretty upset that they didn't get him.

We are 1-0 going up against them for recruits so far. That's a fact.

Michigan was in it with Lander and mattered to him.

Archie won that battle. Michigan fans were pretty upset that they didn't get him.

We are 1-0 going up against them for recruits so far. That's a fact.
That he chose the home state school that was the clear preference of his mom doesn’t mean he chose Miller over Howard, which was a vacuous conclusion.

Miller, whom recruits will be surprised to learn even played at the college level.
I've decided to stop beating the shit out of you on a regular basis, but when you put obvious dumbassary out like this, I can't help it.
Please provide any evidence that any recruit has been surprised that Miller played college ball. A link? A story of a recruit expressing surprise? A pic of a raised eyebrow? An instagram/facebook post?
Anything will do.

Reactions: mattn7
I've decided to stop beating the shit out of you on a regular basis, but when you put obvious dumbassary out like this, I can't help it.
Please provide any evidence that any recruit has been surprised that Miller played college ball. A link? A story of a recruit expressing surprise? A pic of a raised eyebrow? An instagram/facebook post?
Anything will do.
Every time I find myself amazed at your stupidity, along you come with an even dumber observation. That teenagers would be unaware that someone in their early 40’s played college ball over two decades ago surprises you, while those same kids would not recall that Juwan Howard played in Miami with the most famous athlete on the planet? There’s no way anyone could be this idiotic, and then you show that you’re uniquely able. Congratulations on yet another new low. And I knew you couldn’t resist stalking me, likely because I continue to live, rent free, in your empty head, and mercilessly torture your pitiful dumb ass whenever the spirit moves me. And that’s whenever I feel like it, given your propensity at abject idiocy. Now, run along. It’s boring to continuously beat you to a pulp at my leisure. Fun, but boring. Easy, but boring. And necessary, but boring.

Every time I find myself amazed at your stupidity, along you come with an even dumber observation. That teenagers would be unaware that someone in their early 40’s played college ball over two decades ago surprises you, while those same kids would not recall that Juwan Howard played in Miami with the most famous athlete on the planet? There’s no way anyone could be this idiotic, and then you show that you’re uniquely able. Congratulations on yet another new low. And I knew you couldn’t resist stalking me, likely because I continue to live, rent free, in your empty head, and mercilessly torture your pitiful dumb ass whenever the spirit moves me. And that’s whenever I feel like it, given your propensity at abject idiocy. Now, run along. It’s boring to continuously beat you to a pulp at my leisure. Fun, but boring. Easy, but boring. And necessary, but boring.
Oh, I'm not engaging you, nor stalking you. Your comment was dumb, and I asked for you to provide anything upon which to base it.
You haven't, so case closed. Please feel free to go about your business. If you want it, the last word is yours, but it won't erase your earlier ones.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
he is always negative but at least it bring a tiny tiny bit of balance to this board. The majority, definitely including you, is way way way to positive in Archie.

Really? You say recruiting is in a negative trend yet in the last 2

this past year was far from a success, could it have been if the season continued? Sure, but doubtful. Don’t get it twisted if the season got cancelled one day earlier or we lost the last game of the year his narrative of we were on the bubble and a toss up to get in would 100% be true. Archie has yet to make a tournament, and UM was 100% better than us this year in Juwans first year.

Everything written about juwan is positive. Non bias people hold him in the highest regard in terms of coaching and recruiting. He was the ring leader of the fab five, and has been a great recruiter since he was 18.

Archie needs to win this next year and win big, there are no more excuses. Don’t act like there isn’t a possibility of it not working either. I think we will be good, I wanted to bet people on it, but to think it can’t happen and we suck like the last 20 years is not out of the realm of realistic possibilities.

So what you are saying is that Archie didn’t make the tournament. Then neither did Juwan so he was not successful either. I mean if you are going to say we didn’t have a successful season because we didn’t make the tournament then everybody was unsuccessful. Right? WE WERE A LOCK FOR THE TOURNAMENT AND THAT IS TRUE OF ALL PREDICTORS OF THE NCAAT. But I have seen you be negative about Archie too. Yes my opinion is that Archie will be our coach for a long time. We were a tournament team and we will continue to be from now on. I wasn’t expecting this
This is all your bias and conjecture. You’re saying IU recruits are all underrated but no other recruits are. That’s pure bias and has no basis in reality.

The facts are that he hasn’t made the tournament and finished 6th then 9th then 11th in the Big Ten. Recruiting is average at best with a negative trend. The reality does not look good.
That he chose the home state school that was the clear preference of his mom doesn’t mean he chose Miller over Howard, which was a vacuous conclusion.

Ok so I am biased and you are not. Right? You are so biased in the negative view that you can’t even see the truth in front of you. Our class is definitely comparable to MU’s class. Especially if Lander reclassified to ‘20. But once again you will say I am so biased and that I am wrong. Just look at the kids and they are very comparable. And Archie is recruiting is on the upswing. But you go ahead and believe what you want because you are living in a world that only you think is right. And Juwan didn’t make the tournament either. So you keep spewing this thing of Archie hasn’t made a tournament but never once did I you consider that WE WERE SOLIDLY IN THE TOURNAMENT BY EVERY BRAKET GURU. But you keep telling everyone that we haven’t made a tournament. This was a special circumstance and you choose to say we didn’t make it rather than the tournament was canceled but we were a tournament team. I know your opinion about how you think we weren’t in. Welll you are not an expert( for sure) so relally your opinion doesn’t count but Lunardi, Palm, ESPN they count and they all had us as a 10 seed. I am done trying to talk to you. You need to root for another team because you sure do t like IU.

fpeaugh is like the drunk uncle that everyone tolerates, but no one really likes. He comes to family reunions spouting a bunch of bs, but no one takes him seriously. He's barely tolerated, yet everyone whispers about him behind his back. Crazy fool.

So what you are saying is that Archie didn’t make the tournament. Then neither did Juwan so he was not successful either. I mean if you are going to say we didn’t have a successful season because we didn’t make the tournament then everybody was unsuccessful. Right? WE WERE A LOCK FOR THE TOURNAMENT AND THAT IS TRUE OF ALL PREDICTORS OF THE NCAAT. But I have seen you be negative about Archie too. Yes my opinion is that Archie will be our coach for a long time. We were a tournament team and we will continue to be from now on. I wasn’t expecting this

Ok so I am biased and you are not. Right? You are so biased in the negative view that you can’t even see the truth in front of you. Our class is definitely comparable to MU’s class. Especially if Lander reclassified to ‘20. But once again you will say I am so biased and that I am wrong. Just look at the kids and they are very comparable. And Archie is recruiting is on the upswing. But you go ahead and believe what you want because you are living in a world that only you think is right. And Juwan didn’t make the tournament either. So you keep spewing this thing of Archie hasn’t made a tournament but never once did I you consider that WE WERE SOLIDLY IN THE TOURNAMENT BY EVERY BRAKET GURU. But you keep telling everyone that we haven’t made a tournament. This was a special circumstance and you choose to say we didn’t make it rather than the tournament was canceled but we were a tournament team. I know your opinion about how you think we weren’t in. Welll you are not an expert( for sure) so relally your opinion doesn’t count but Lunardi, Palm, ESPN they count and they all had us as a 10 seed. I am done trying to talk to you. You need to root for another team because you sure do t like IU.
Michigan finished above us? How did you get so confused on something so simple?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT