ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan game

Dec 29, 2008
The Athlon Big Ten edition was mentioning the games to watch this season and noted the Oct. 14 Michigan contest in Bloomington. The quote was "You can bet Jim Harbaugh has had this game circled since Indiana fired his brother-in-law Tom Crean as the Hoosiers' basketball coach."

Oh the horrors! That probably means that Harbaugh will try to beat us by a higher score than the game against Rutgers last season. Can we forfeit now? That's probably an aspect that Glass overlooked with the basketball change.

Reactions: RBB89
Athlon is generally credible and insightful, but that's just stupid. We need to circle that game as one we can win and a potential program-changer.

The Athlon Big Ten edition was mentioning the games to watch this season and noted the Oct. 14 Michigan contest in Bloomington. The quote was "You can bet Jim Harbaugh has had this game circled since Indiana fired his brother-in-law Tom Crean as the Hoosiers' basketball coach."

Oh the horrors! That probably means that Harbaugh will try to beat us by a higher score than the game against Rutgers last season. Can we forfeit now? That's probably an aspect that Glass overlooked with the basketball change.
Good gracious that is dumb. They're right, I'm sure he wasn't at all trying to beat us the last two years when we scared the pants off of them in both Bloomington and Ann Arbor.

So he was taking it easy on us since his BIL was basketball coach? Yeah right.
How sad is it that the "analysis" of this game and the Ohio State game are mostly going to be "oh so and so is mad man they're gonna want to get revenge they'll probably put up 100!"

It's absurd.

Good gracious that is dumb. They're right, I'm sure he wasn't at all trying to beat us the last two years when we scared the pants off of them in both Bloomington and Ann Arbor.
IU didn't "scare the pants off of them" in Ann Arbor last year.

IU didn't "scare the pants off of them" in Ann Arbor last year.
We led 7-3 at halftime. We led 10-6 well into the third quarter (4 minutes left I believe). We lost 20-10. If you're comparing it to the double overtime game from the year before, sure. But we gave them a heck of a lot of trouble last year too.

Reactions: ESalum86
We led 7-3 at halftime. We led 10-6 well into the third quarter (4 minutes left I believe). We lost 20-10. If you're comparing it to the double overtime game from the year before, sure. But we gave them a heck of a lot of trouble last year too.
But it was over by the end of the third quarter as IU couldn't stop them from running the ball, even though that was there only option.

Last edited:
Can you imagine Harbaugh would give Crean the time of day if his sister weren't married to him? I imagine his family of successful-in-games coaches rolls their eyes often enough at Crean's whining and excuse making.

But it was over by the end of the third quarter as IU couldn't stop them from running the ball, even though that was there only option.

Please don't confuse him with facts, moral victories is all he has.

Who said anything about moral victories? The entire point of this thread was that Harbaugh is now somehow going to start "trying" because he's so pissed off that Tom Crean got fired, and how stupid of an argument that is. And then of course ordfan 12.0 had to be a raging pedant as usual. We've been plenty competitive with Michigan. Ultimately though, yeah, we're going to need to end that 30 game losing streak. Because it's pretty embarrassing.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Yeah, looks like there are several members of the "moral victories" crowd here, happy to just play it close, euphoric with 5 or 6 wins and ready with both excuses and unfounded optimism when things inevitably don't work out. Easier to just ignore them since they never really talk about football anyway.

Yeah, looks like there are several members of the "moral victories" crowd here, happy to just play it close, euphoric with 5 or 6 wins and ready with both excuses and unfounded optimism when things inevitably don't work out. Easier to just ignore them since they never really talk about football anyway.

I think you guys are right... back under another name.

Just about the only poster I break out the "Ignore" button for.

Who said anything about moral victories? The entire point of this thread was that Harbaugh is now somehow going to start "trying" because he's so pissed off that Tom Crean got fired, and how stupid of an argument that is. And then of course ordfan 12.0 had to be a raging pedant as usual. We've been plenty competitive with Michigan. Ultimately though, yeah, we're going to need to end that 30 game losing streak. Because it's pretty embarrassing.

I Would agree. Those of us that actually watch and attend game know that UM has escaped with several recent victories by the slimmest of circumstance. This will change one day soon.

The notion that JH will circle this date because TC is fired/still being paid by IU is infantile.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT