ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Game (links) is on BTN

Well we burned Kruger who probably should of been our starter but we got through. Now no question we make tourney. If its Minny we have home field and if it's NW we toss a coin I believe.

Reactions: jmbennett
So if we win the next game we have to flip over to #1 seed Nebraska bracket?

Lemons did a very poor job managing that final inning but lucked out. Sowers has to move the runners and since he strikes out at such a high rate you have to bunt. Very poor job, could've really cost the program.

That sucks. Looks close to impossible to come out of losers bracket after dropping game 1.

Even harder when you go extra innings and have to use your arms....including a starter. I'd guess Hobbie will start tomorrow and Krueger could still pitch some relief this weekend. If we make it to Saturday....probably Saalfrank and staff

Reactions: stollcpa
Lemons did a very poor job managing that final inning but lucked out. Sowers has to move the runners and since he strikes out at such a high rate you have to bunt. Very poor job, could've really cost the program.
Well when life gives you lemons...

Reactions: mazz and jmbennett
I may be wrong, but I'm not sure that's correct.

Minny was home.....today they'll be visitors.....if they win they would be home again, right?

No. We each would of been home once which is 1st tiebreaker and next tiebreaker is whoever was visitors between teams first time which was us so we would be home next time. NW we each would of been home once and second and 3rd tiebreakers don't apply (if either team was visitor previous game and we both would of been home) and 4th tiebreaker is toss a coin.

Bottom line. Home vs Minny and toss coin vs. NW

I like the job he's doing. Sowers may be a poor bunter. The inning before we made a terrible sacrifice bunt and lucked out with a wild pitch to get runner to second.

Sowers is a power hitter and they needed a single to win. I would have done the same thing. Krupa made up for an awful day to that point and got the win.

Reactions: RBB89
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT