ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Flynn is totally nuts.

Just read on FB:

A cicada landed on Joe Biden's shoulder while he was waiting to get on AF1. This type of cicada has a 17 year life cycle.

Q is the 17th letter of the alphabet. A clear sign that "the storm" is indeed coming.

;)

Reactions: DrHoops
Yes. And that fact actually scares me a lot.
It should also scare you that you wrote this in Post 350 above:

"That is because I FIRMLY believe in Trumps policies and frankly his approach. He's the first Pub, HELL poitician in general, I have been able to stomach for a while."​

There are and have been numerous politicians that are more competent, more ethical and more palatable than Trump.

more competent, more ethical and more palatable
We all observe these things through our microscope. Obviously yours and mine are not the same. It is my opinion that the last one (palatable) is the only and most important to many. If I want and demand results, the last thing I want is some one whom is soft and cuddly just so they are palatable. I want someone whom is not afraid to actually change the culture and demands results, not gets applauded for eating #$%^ ice cream.

2 out of my 2 living siblings believe, and both say that all of their fellow parishoners at their respective churches in Seymour Indiana and Bowling Green Kentucky share their views, in part since their ministers support it and consider it decreed by God.
Your family must not be very intelligent. Sorry about that.

Reactions: DANC
I wouldn't say I was FAR right, although I do come across that way. That is because I FIRMLY believe in Trumps policies and frankly his approach. He's the first Pub, HELL poitician in general, I have been able to stomach for a while.
I don't know of any mechanism available for Trump to be "reinstated". I don't think anyone ever imagined possible, the level of shenanigans that I think went on on the last election... OR maybe no one ever imagined that someone had the balls to bring it out into the light and it's happened before.? I'm still not sure which.
As far as the 50%+ BS. ZERO chance in hell 50% of pubs think that. BUT.. I definitely could see 50%+ having a first hand gut reaction answer to a question like that as answering in the affirmative. That doesn't necessarily mean they are personally answering the exact question asked.
I've been thinking tonight, If AZ comes back the way I think it will and then other states start to ACTUALLY dig. Will that be the final push to get teh convention of states across the line? Intresting times ahead and I am not saying standing on a FAR right.
Sorry, once it started rolling I just couldn't shut myself down..
The election was fair and Trump lost. All Republicans need to acknowledge that and we need to purge Trump and Trumpism from the party. If we don't we're not a party, we're a cult of personality.

The election was fair and Trump lost. All Republicans need to acknowledge that and we need to purge Trump and Trumpism from the party. If we don't we're not a party, we're a cult of personality.
Isn’t it sad that this has to be said? Especially 7 months after the election. Do you think the GOP can return to normalcy and away from Trumpism?

Last edited:
Isn’t sad that this has to be said? Especially 7 months after the election. Do you think the GOP can return to normalcy and away from Trumpism?
An interesting question would be if people like Aloha and Ranger and twenty, who refused to vote for Trump, would vote for Republicans who still support Trump and all his Big Lie rhetoric. DeSantis would be one example. Does he have to acknowledge Trump's loss and Biden's legitimacy to gain their support?

An interesting question would be if people like Aloha and Ranger and twenty, who refused to vote for Trump, would vote for Republicans who still support Trump and all his Big Lie rhetoric. DeSantis would be one example. Does he have to acknowledge Trump's loss and Biden's legitimacy to gain their support?
I could see a lot of Republicans coming home for a Trumpist candidate who is not named Trump. It’s a binary choice and many just can’t vote for the other party.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
interesting question unclebulk and i concur with cortez. the repubs i talk to love desantis. they don't care for his rhetoric and posturing (trumpy) but they like his politics. they like pro biz, they like low taxes, and they like the attack on what they perceive to be the left with crt in schools etc. crt may not seem like a big issue but when you have kids in school it's a huge issue, and again people perceive that as a lefty agenda goal.

it's a shame he has to do the shit he does like his transgender athletes' bill on teh first day of pride or the bs like the flag with rush - but to the republicans i know that's ancillary white noise to the meat and potatoes of a pro business, no state tax, no lockdown, no crt governor.

i suspect a lot of how galvanized the republicans will be next election will turn on who the dems run. if htere's a new moderate that emerges who knows; if it's harris i trust they'll be out in droves

You’re right. Trump is a RINO.
Did you vote for Bush? Because Trump was indisputably more Conservative than Bush.

Granted you have that holier than though arrogance that a lot of the Bush Neo-Cons have (had). To you, being a Republican is more about your demeanor and not offending sensibilities than what the administration actually accomplishes.

I don't know where the 50%+ comes from, but Morning Consult just published a poll showing 29% of Republicans thinking it's somewhat or very likely that he'll be reinstated. But, so did 13% of Democrats.

You think I'm a Trump worshipper and I'm telling you I do not believe Trump will be 'reinstated' as President, even if it was found the Democrats cheated in every state. Re-elected, quite possible - in a fair election.

But if some liberal rag asked me, in a poll, if I thought it might happen, I might just say I think it would happen just to screw with them and to show my displeasure with the entire process.

There is no legitimate poll that shows 50% of Republicans think Trump will be "reinstated". Just more Leftist bullshit.

Did you vote for Bush? Because Trump was indisputably more Conservative than Bush.

Granted you have that holier than though arrogance that a lot of the Bush Neo-Cons have (had). To you, being a Republican is more about your demeanor and not offending sensibilities than what the administration actually accomplishes.
Of course I voted for Bush, both of them. Reagan (2nd time), McCain and Romney too. They were Republicans. Did I agree with everything they were for or did? Of course not. However, all were better than the Democratic alternatives. Trump is definitely a RINO. Did I disagree with everything he did? Of course not, but he was an embarrassment to Republicans. Still is.

Reactions: outside shooter
Of course I voted for Bush, both of them. Reagan (2nd time), McCain and Romney too. They were Republicans. Did I agree with everything they were for or did? Of course not. However, all were better than the Democratic alternatives. Trump is definitely a RINO. Did I disagree with everything he did? Of course not, but he was an embarrassment to Republicans. Still is.
Like I said, demeanor over substance for you.

You may think Trump is just an opportunist with no firm
Political allegiances. That’s fine.

But when that opportunism results in the best conservative policy since Reagan, calling him a RINO seems silly.

Like I said, demeanor over substance for you.

You may think Trump is just an opportunist with no firm
Political allegiances. That’s fine.

But when that opportunism results in the best conservative policy since Reagan, calling him a RINO seems silly.
I totally disagree that he had many conservative policy results. Judicial nominees? Yes. Trade policy? No. Foreign policy? No. Fiscal policies? No. Worst thing about him is that he turned many long time Republicans I know away from the party. He was, and is, a disaster for the long term prospects of the party. He’s a RINO. He’s a cult of personality - and his personality totally sucks. So I agree with that.

Last edited:
I totally disagree that he had many conservative policy results. Judicial nominees? Yes. Trade policy? No. Foreign policy? No. Fiscal policies? No. Worst thing about him is they he turned many long time Republicans I know away from the party. He was, and is, a disaster for the long term prospects of the party.
Where do they go? One doesn’t go from that to biden/Harris. Libertarian? Just sit out?

I totally disagree that he had many conservative policy results. Judicial nominees? Yes. Trade policy? No. Foreign policy? No. Fiscal policies? No. Worst thing about him is they he turned many long time Republicans I know away from the party. He was, and is, a disaster for the long term prospects of the party. He’s a RINO. He’s a cult of personality - and his personality totally sucks. So I agree with that.
I'm not sure how you can say that when he received far more votes than any other Republican for President.

I'm not sure how you can say that when he received far more votes than any other Republican for President.
And Biden got more votes than anyone in history. Many of those votes were from Republicans, or former Republicans. It wasn’t close. Trump is a pox on the GOP.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I totally disagree that he had many conservative policy results. Judicial nominees? Yes. Trade policy? No. Foreign policy? No. Fiscal policies? No. Worst thing about him is they he turned many long time Republicans I know away from the party. He was, and is, a disaster for the long term prospects of the party. He’s a RINO. He’s a cult of personality - and his personality totally sucks. So I agree with that.
We can go back and forth on this forever but a few brief points.

Trade - Trump saw trade as a zero sum game which is decidedly NOT Conservative, however the USMCA was a good deal and his “trade war” with China proved to be very prescient given what we’re seeing from the CCP now.

Foreign Policy - The best foreign policy of my life time. First actual peace deals in the Middle East in three decades. Quelled the NK tensions. Isolated and undercut Iran. Alienated our allies a bit but they have nowhere to go. The coziness with Russia was mostly a media creation. Sorry he didn’t start any new wars for you NeoCon

Fiscal Policy - Cut taxes but spent like a drunken sailor. Hello George W Bush.

You didn’t get into his regulatory slashing, which I assume you’re a fan of, and his restraint in not exercising federal overreach during Covid.

He may be bad for the GOP long term, but let’s not act like he wasn’t Conservative.

And yet he lost because he was despised by most Americans. Lots of people loved his schtick. Doubtful they will stick with the GOP.

How many Republicans voted for Biden?
I’d guess a few million. I know many myself. Some may not call themselves Republicans any longer because of Trump. Again, he’s been a disaster for the GOP.

We can go back and forth on this forever but a few brief points.

Trade - Trump saw trade as a zero sum game which is decidedly NOT Conservative, however the USMCA was a good deal and his “trade war” with China proved to be very prescient given what we’re seeing from the CCP now.

Foreign Policy - The best foreign policy of my life time. First actual peace deals in the Middle East in three decades. Quelled the NK tensions. Isolated and undercut Iran. Alienated our allies a bit but they have nowhere to go. The coziness with Russia was mostly a media creation. Sorry he didn’t start any new wars for you NeoCon

Fiscal Policy - Cut taxes but spent like a drunken sailor. Hello George W Bush.

You didn’t get into his regulatory slashing, which I assume you’re a fan of, and his restraint in not exercising federal overreach during Covid.

He may be bad for the GOP long term, but let’s not act like he wasn’t Conservative.
Not to mention he's trying to overturn an election 8 months later through extra-judicial means. He's all about DJT.

I’d guess a few million. I know many myself. Some may not call themselves Republicans any longer because of Trump. Again, he’s been a disaster for the GOP.
You guess? I thought you had a source - a reason for claiming that. I guess not.

I hope so. I can’t go back to the Democratic Party. I got nowhere to go! ;)
Aloha, if you left the Democrat party in say 1993 with Clinton as President, Tom Foley as House Majority Leader, and George Mitchell as Senate Minority Leader then there is no way you would like the current Demo leadership.

As for me, looking back at the Pubs in 1992, I admired Daddy Bush but couldn't stand Congressional leader Newt Gingrich. n my view, the Pubs today are way more like Gingrich than they resemble Daddy Bush. Once more, most of the party faithful seem to like the change.

Woe is me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Aloha, if you left the Democrat party in say 1993 with Clinton as President, Tom Foley as House Majority Leader, and George Mitchell as Senate Minority Leader then there is no way you would like the current Demo leadership.

As for me, looking back at the Pubs in 1992, i admired Daddy Bush but couldn't stand Congressional leader Newt Gingrich. in my view, the Pubs today are way more like Gingrich than they resemble Daddy Bush. Once more, most of the party faithful seem to like the change.

Woe is me.
Gingrich is ground zero for much of what’s wrong with congress/politics today

Gingrich is ground zero for much of what’s wrong with congress/politics today
You mean having a balanced budget is wrong? Working to reform welfare and getting Clinton to go along was wrong?

SMH. What did Gingrich do that was so wrong? Partisan politics? You mean wielding Congressional power like the Democrats did the previous 40 years?

Bush 43 was a good and honorable man who got beat by the lie of the "worst economy since the Depression" lie repeated endlessly by Clinton and a complicit media. It was a damn shame he got beat. But I'm scratching my head over your statement about Gingrich. He's the reason Republicans held Congressional power in the 90s.

You mean having a balanced budget is wrong? Working to reform welfare and getting Clinton to go along was wrong?

SMH. What did Gingrich do that was so wrong? Partisan politics? You mean wielding Congressional power like the Democrats did the previous 40 years?

Bush 43 was a good and honorable man who got beat by the lie of the "worst economy since the Depression" lie repeated endlessly by Clinton and a complicit media. It was a damn shame he got beat. But I'm scratching my head over your statement about Gingrich. He's the reason Republicans held Congressional power in the 90s.
Imo much of the dysfunctional partisan political culture we see today can be traced to him. I concur that he accomplished much, but the fashion in so doing left a legacy that inhibits us today

Imo much of the dysfunctional partisan political culture we see today can be traced to him. I concur that he accomplished much, but the fashion in so doing left a legacy that inhibits us today
You still don't say why?

You still don't say why?
too many drinks watching euros on the porch for anything more than a short shrift response danc. hyper partisan politics; labeling; us vs them; good vs evil; use of the media; hyperbole; weaponizing shutdowns; monica-gate; combative, tribal - his style or general lack of decorum imo laid the groundwork for some of what we see today

too many drinks watching euros on the porch for anything more than a short shrift response danc. hyper partisan politics; labeling; us vs them; good vs evil; use of the media; hyperbole; weaponizing shutdowns; monica-gate; combative, tribal - his style or general lack of decorum imo laid the groundwork for some of what we see today
Sounds like typical politics to me. I don't know how old you are, but I'm old enough to remember all of that, and more, happening long before Gingrich ever showed up on the national scene.

Danc, you forgot about raising taxes but still having a good economy in spite of the tax hike which gave us a balanced budget.

Something which "supply siders" since the days of Reagan said could not happen.

Danc, you forgot about raising taxes but still having a good economy in spite of the tax hike which gave us a balanced budget.

Something which "supply siders" since the days of Reagan said could not happen.
There was much compromise when Gingrich was House Speaker and both sides didn't get 100% of what they wanted.

Getting Clinton to buy off on Welfare reform was key to slowing down spending, which helped balance the budget.

There was much compromise when Gingrich was House Speaker and both sides didn't get 100% of what they wanted.

Getting Clinton to buy off on Welfare reform was key to slowing down spending, which helped balance the budget.

The balanced budget was a result of declining defense spending and robust tax revenues from a booming economy. Welfare reform was practically irrelevant to the big picture. Even your own link makes that clear.

DANC, appreciate your providing a link to back up your opinions.

The link didn't mention cuts in welfare spending. Instead it talked about military spending cuts. It states as follows..

With many hundreds of thousands of jobs lost in the Department of Defense (military and civilian) in the defense-related industries, we had a boom.

i highlighted the "we had a boom" portion of the link to offer further proof that we had a good economy in spite of raising taxes.

Having said that, I consider booms in the economy often to be a matter of luck and not necessarily the policies of any given president.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
DANC, appreciate your providing a link to back up your opinions.

The link didn't mention cuts in welfare spending. Instead it talked about military spending cuts. It states as follows..

With many hundreds of thousands of jobs lost in the Department of Defense (military and civilian) in the defense-related industries, we had a boom.

i highlighted the "we had a boom" portion of the link to offer further proof that we had a good economy in spite of raising taxes.

Having said that, I considers booms in the economy often to be a matter of luck and not necessarily the policies of any given president.
The Clinton surpluses constitute proof of the success of Keynesian economics. It was the right time for higher revenues and lower spending because it was precisely the time when the economy didn't need any stimulus from the government.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT