ADVERTISEMENT

Meds will Screw w You

cryano

All-Big Ten
Apr 19, 2005
Youngest daughter on tamiflu last night - asks if anyone else is home (answer is no) well then who is all those voices I keep hearing. Asked if someone is doing laundry (amswer is no) because she keeps hearing footsteps up and down the basement stairs. Then she starts asking about the ‘souls’ of people, and why your body has bad things and lets your brain come up with scary stuff and stuff thats not good for you.

She is barely 9 years old - and does not watch scary stuff at all, outside if a Nickelodean Halloween type if show...

No more Tamiflu for this little girl. Dr said take her to the ER if she gets uncalmable during night in her sleep...and keep trying to get fluids in her system...

I cant imagine some of the episodes and experiences of the elderly and disabled...that go unexpressed clearly or unknown to their caretakers.

Youngest daughter on tamiflu last night - asks if anyone else is home (answer is no) well then who is all those voices I keep hearing. Asked if someone is doing laundry (amswer is no) because she keeps hearing footsteps up and down the basement stairs. Then she starts asking about the ‘souls’ of people, and why your body has bad things and lets your brain come up with scary stuff and stuff thats not good for you.

She is barely 9 years old - and does not watch scary stuff at all, outside if a Nickelodean Halloween type if show...

No more Tamiflu for this little girl. Dr said take her to the ER if she gets uncalmable during night in her sleep...and keep trying to get fluids in her system...

I cant imagine some of the episodes and experiences of the elderly and disabled...that go unexpressed clearly or unknown to their caretakers.
Hallucinations in children are a fairly common side effect in children. Not the first time I've heard of parents stating what your daughter is going through.

Best things for the flu is fluids and rest and stuff for fever. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Reactions: cryano

The flu is scary this year. Our friend's grown son began hallucinating a couple of weeks ago and thought there were doctors and nurses in his room. They took him to the ER and the staff initially had Narcan ready because they thought he was overdosing on something.

My son took a vitamin this week that he said made him feel drunk and he was having trouble walking. He won't be taking any more vitamins.

Last edited:
The flu is scary this year. Our friend's grown son began hallucinating a couple of weeks ago and thought there were doctors and nurses in his room. They took him to the ER and the staff initially had Narcan ready because they thought he was overdosing on something.

My son took a vitamin this week that he said made him feel drunk and he was having trouble walking. He won't be taking any more vitamins.
I wish I had thought of that when I was a kid and had to take some awful tasting medicine. Lol.

Reactions: All4You

It could have more to do with the flu, especially if she had a pretty high temp, than the meds.

It could have more to do with the flu, especially if she had a pretty high temp, than the meds.
My daughter can't take Tamiflu either. It turns her into something out of the exorcist.

• The flu itself or Tamiflu may rarely cause serious mental/mood changes. This may be more likely in children. Tell your doctor of any signs of unusual behavior, including confusion, agitation, or self-injury.

I got the flu (H1N1) last year along with other complications and was hospitalized for about a month; the first two week I was in a coma (medically induced) and realistically should have died. Coming out of the coma and being extubated I was rife with fun thoughts...
Someone had gotten me a mylar balloon and it was in a corner of my room just inside of my peripheral vision. I couldn't move my head (or my limbs) due to muscle atrophy from the coma. There were times where I thought it was an Indian (as in sub-continent) witch doctor there to steal my soul. Also, I believed my entire family was out to kill me!

Reactions: MillerTime
My daughter can't take Tamiflu either. It turns her into something out of the exorcist.
I thought that was called being a teenager
I got the flu (H1N1) last year along with other complications and was hospitalized for about a month; the first two week I was in a coma (medically induced) and realistically should have died. Coming out of the coma and being extubated I was rife with fun thoughts...
Someone had gotten me a mylar balloon and it was in a corner of my room just inside of my peripheral vision. I couldn't move my head (or my limbs) due to muscle atrophy from the coma. There were times where I thought it was an Indian (as in sub-continent) witch doctor there to steal my soul. Also, I believed my entire family was out to kill me!
That is awful! I can't imagine going through that. It was hard to see my mom intubated after her stroke. It looked so uncomfortable and it hard was hard for her to communicate.

I drove myself to the ER with kidney stones because my wife would have needed to bring the kids if she took me at 3 a.m. They gave me an I.V. and strong pain meds. They didn't take my cell phone away and I called several people without remembering it later. I called my boss at 9:00 to explain why I wasn't at work. Apparently I had called him around 5:00. I apologized for anything I might have said. I had called my wife's best friend. I was pissed nobody was visiting me in the hospital and that my wife wasn't there. Her friend works at the hospital and I was surprised to see her as I was just coming out of my stupor. I mistook her for my wife. That was a little awkward.

Today, talking w her, and trying to hint to anything unusual, or hearing stuff - she had no recollection of anything out of the ordinary...so i didnt press or bring up her experience.
She actually woke up and wondered why her mom slept in her room - taht was the only thing wierd or strange she could think of...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT