ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile on the Senate floor....

tooold4

Sophomore
Dec 13, 2018
Moscow Mitch performs a logically acrobatic but slow motion tap dance in front of the empty seats.

Totally expected and righteously twisted enough for the R's to swallow whole. He begins with the downing of the airliner, in itself is muddy water, but the U.S. either shares blame for the loss of life or it doesn't. I come down on the side that the U. S. didn't shoot down the plane so we share no blame, we should also avoid taking credit for any repercussions as a result of Iranian actions. The protests on the streets were in existence before the death of Suleimani and continued after his death. If the attack on the Iranian general was in support of the protesters on the street then the president could have hinted as much, would have been a better option than an unexplained, vague imminent danger, a whole bunch better than the political benefit of a few Senators. It's too late to change the story, although they may try.
Note the date.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-gasoline-protests-minister-idUSKBN1Y10GY

The rest is semi-clean fun for the Rs. Ds are bad and the Senate (Mitch) is in control and all is good. No mention of the president stonewalling House efforts to gain information or leaving it up to the Senate to call a witness or two during a trial. The House impeachment case is incomplete and will remain that way, thus sayeth the Mitch.
And so it goes.

I'm surprised to hear folks say how weak the impeachment case is, even after nearly every Democrat in the House voted to send it to the Senate. Pelosi has y'all kind of stuck out there on a limb, doesnt she?

Cuckoo!!!

I'm surprised to hear folks say how weak the impeachment case is, even after nearly every Democrat in the House voted to send it to the Senate. Pelosi has y'all kind of stuck out there on a limb, doesnt she?

Who says that it is weak? Besides Republicans that is? It seems pretty cut and dried. He admitted it, chief of staff admitted it. What’s weak?

Should the president escape removal from office it will boil down to two major factors working together. First, the stonewall erected by executive order( a rather perverse fulfillment of a campaign promise). Second, the Senate rules and votes that can be to a large extent controlled by the majority leader. Neither addresses the guilt or innocence of the defendant.

I will concede that Moscow Mitch does seem to have command of the native tongue, Senate rules, and the purse strings of his Senate PACs.

Who says that it is weak? Besides Republicans that is? It seems pretty cut and dried. He admitted it, chief of staff admitted it. What’s weak?
Yeah apparently "folks say" is actually just Moscow Mitch.

Nothingburger.

Slam dunk, then? Send it on over!

Of course it doesn’t matter what he did to Republicans. Obviously you know that. As he said early on, he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and his base wouldn’t care. If they had an ounce of integrity and put their country over their party, of course it would be a slam dunk. Don’t be obtuse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT