ADVERTISEMENT

Meanwhile, Guv is upgrading us to Stage 5

all I know is I live in Georgia... you know, the state that was railed on for allowing us to continue to live like real people... And guess what? We had a peak, our numbers are falling drastically, and we did very little in the way of lockdown, etc... I'm proud to live here and the way our governor has handled this has made me more of a fan. We are absolutely no worse off than anywhere else in the USA. Once again, I'll say that I believe what I see with my own eyes, not what the media and so called experts with agendas are telling us.
So, the earth looks flat to you, right?

The wearing of masks becoming a political issue is the stupidest thing of my life time. I was at a church service this week where masks were required. A number of assholes had to prove they were assholes by refusing to wear the mask correctly. The “my freedom” is just another way to say that Im a huge baby and not a fully functioning adult.

But I bet those were the same idiots or certainly those who survived bitched about the commie 'seat belt' requirement.
Its embarrassingly dumb. People here can't believe how stupid that 20-30% of idiots make the country look in the eyes of the world.

And I thought SG's was some authoritarian police state!
I hate stupid with a passion, followed closely by those who think things just don't apply to them. When people start talking about their rights usually what follows is stupid and them thinking they don't have to follow the rules. She absolutely doesn't have to wear a mask, but she doesn't have any right to be allowed to stay in the stands. It's kind of like freedom of speech and getting fired; you get both.

Last edited:
GA a largely rural state, averages 1,800 cases a day during reduced testing.

GA Positivity rates remains at 10%...double the "acceptable" rate.

GA cases are dominated by 18-29 year-olds who are most active and continue to drive the virus into more vulnerable demographics.

"No worse off than anywhere else in the USA" Bullshit...you are worse off than 90% (exactly) of the USA.

GA has NOTHING to brag about.

Man up and put your mask on...over your nose.

Plus only comparing to the USA is setting an awful low bar. South Korea

If you're proud of Kemp you are hopeless. Georgia has one of the highest death rates in the country. My brothers live there and they hate him.

Case and death counts by place
DeathsCases
Adj. for populationTotals
PlaceTotal reported deaths per 100kNew deaths in last 7 days per 100kChange in daily deaths in last 7 days
Guam245
North Dakota283.633%
Florida682.8-2%
Georgia662.819%
Missouri322.8155%
Mississippi962.7-24%
Arkansas422.4-65%
South Carolina662.1-19%
Texas552-5%
Virginia371.9-18%
Montana161.850%
Rhode Island1051.750%
Tennessee351.7-12%
Alabama521.67%
Arizona801.6-9%
North Carolina331.5-4%
West Virginia181.5-20%
Louisiana1161.4-33%
Massachusetts1371.415%
Nevada541.4-33%
South Dakota241.4-33%
California391.3-17%
Iowa411.30%
Delaware661.1100%
Idaho271.1-25%
Nebraska241.1200%
Pennsylvania631.171%
Puerto Rico191.1-55%
Illinois6815%
Kansas210.9-45%
New Mexico410.90%
Ohio410.9-34%
Oklahoma250.9-25%
Indiana530.8-9%
Kentucky260.8-25%
Michigan710.838%
Maryland650.70%
Minnesota360.7-12%
Washington290.729%
Wisconsin220.5-17%
Colorado370.433%
Oregon130.40%
District of Columbia910.3
Hawaii90.3
New Jersey1810.30%
Connecticut1260.2
Maine110.2
Utah150.2
Wyoming90.2
Alaska60.1
New York1670.1-1%
American Samoa00
Northern Mariana Islands40
New Hampshire330
Virgin Islands180
Vermont
Ok... so I'll use your stats... look at total deaths per 100K. We're nowhere near the top. And last 7 days means diddly squat with the delays in reporting.

So, the earth looks flat to you, right?
We're all pretty happy here and doing quite well... Maybe come and join us and give it a try rather than ripping us apart from your high horse? And why the hell do I care what shape the earth is??? LOL.. But I will tell all you mask aficionados.... Real actual country air smells pretty damned good.

But I bet those were the same idiots or certainly those who survived bitched about the commie 'seat belt' requirement.
Its embarrassingly dumb. People here can't believe how stupid that 20-30% of idiots make the country look in the eyes of the world.

We truly have the dumbest humans in the world. They also all seem to have something in common.

Reactions: sglowrider
Best not to interfere with the evolutionary process.
Unfortunately...
uNPBSTW.jpg

From Fox: "Florida's Desantis may combat 'draconian' college coronavirus rules with student 'bill of rights'"
"It's incredibly draconian that a student would get potentially expelled for going to a party" because "That's what college kids do."
Desantis is on a roll

Except for the sick or the dead.
Do some research at CDC.gov..... Compare total deaths this year to total deaths last year and show me that we're losing more people due to COVID 19. The numbers are pretty easy to figure out with a simple calculator. People die. It's the only way out of this place. I know it disappoints many that this disease is not the apocalyptic disaster some thought it would be. Time to move on to more important things.

Do some research at CDC.gov..... Compare total deaths this year to total deaths last year and show me that we're losing more people due to COVID 19. The numbers are pretty easy to figure out with a simple calculator. People die. It's the only way out of this place. I know it disappoints many that this disease is not the apocalyptic disaster some thought it would be. Time to move on to more important things.

Google the words Covid Excess Deaths. They track this.

GA a largely rural state, averages 1,800 cases a day during reduced testing.

GA Positivity rates remains at 10%...double the "acceptable" rate.

GA cases are dominated by 18-29 year-olds who are most active and continue to drive the virus into more vulnerable demographics.

"No worse off than anywhere else in the USA" Bullshit...you are worse off than 90% (exactly) of the USA.

GA has NOTHING to brag about.

Man up and put your mask on...over your nose.
today our rate was 5.8% positivity.... Should I boast about that??? Too many damned factors at play in testing. We could test everybody like some places are doing and knock our positivity rate down. That seems like a pretty stupid way to spend $$$ to me. But I'm just a toothless Georgia redneck, so how could I possibly know?

all I know is I live in Georgia... you know, the state that was railed on for allowing us to continue to live like real people... And guess what? We had a peak, our numbers are falling drastically, and we did very little in the way of lockdown, etc... I'm proud to live here and the way our governor has handled this has made me more of a fan. We are absolutely no worse off than anywhere else in the USA. Once again, I'll say that I believe what I see with my own eyes, not what the media and so called experts with agendas are telling us.
ROFL. You're numbers aren't "falling drastically."
Georgia's population is 10% smaller than Ohio's, yet you continue to have almost 2x as many cases and 2x as many deaths as Ohio. In fact, your daily deaths are not significantly better than at the peak. As of yesterday, your 7-day moving average for deaths was 50 - here in Ohio it was 21.

Today, Georgia is #7 in new cases and #3 in new deaths.

Falling drastically?!? ROFL

today our rate was 5.8% positivity.... Should I boast about that??? Too many damned factors at play in testing. We could test everybody like some places are doing and knock our positivity rate down. That seems like a pretty stupid way to spend $$$ to me. But I'm just a toothless Georgia redneck, so how could I possibly know?
Your 7-day average positivity rate (for PCR) is still nearly 10% (9.3%). That's not good. Ohio's is 2.7% (7-day average).

ROFL. You're numbers aren't "falling drastically."
Georgia's population is 10% smaller than Ohio's, yet you continue to have almost 2x as many cases and 2x as many deaths as Ohio. In fact, your daily deaths are not significantly better than at the peak. As of yesterday, your 7-day moving average for deaths was 50 - here in Ohio it was 21.

Today, Georgia is #7 in new cases and #3 in new deaths.

Falling drastically?!? ROFL

To be fair, he admitted to being a Kemp fan. There’s a lot of cognitive dissonance going on here.

From the Columbus Dispatch: Amy Acton-Fear is as insidious as COVID.
Dr. Amy Acton, Ohio's former chief medical officer is now "working to fight something more pervasive than the coronavirus: fear."
In her previous position she was responsible for shutdowns and spreading hysteria.

You would not like the answer if GA tested everyone.

Why is everyone so freaking obsessed with which “wave” we‘re in? What the hell matters? All I see are a bunch of cases with no to minimal symptoms. It’s time to stop the madness & get out of our bunker mentality. Our kids are going to pay for this BS for years to come.

"Pay for this," you write? R-i-i-g-h-t, especially if you whiny babies have to pay for your own treatments yourselves:

You guys act like the only thing you care about is how many old people are killed by COVID. The cost of treatment is horrendous, even for minor cases, but you privileged fools ignore the economics and longterm health effects altogether.

And, for years, many employers already required sick employees to stay home even pre-COVID. So, stop acting like this shutdown and reduction in economic activity is "madness" that violates your supposed "rights."

Reactions: sglowrider

Exactly.

"Pay for this," you write? R-i-i-g-h-t, especially if you whiny babies have to pay for your own treatments yourselves:

You guys act like the only thing you care about is how many old people are killed by COVID. The cost of treatment is horrendous, even for minor cases, but you privileged fools ignore the economics and longterm health effects altogether.

And, for years, many employers already required sick employees to stay home even pre-COVID. So, stop acting like this shutdown and reduction in economic activity is "madness" that violates your supposed "rights."
Who pissed in your Wheaties? At least I see a lot of content, happy people in Georgia

Who pissed in your Wheaties? At least I see a lot of content, happy people in Georgia

You said earlier that the number of deaths is the same for previous years. Here is a CDC chart showing weekly number of deaths for the last several years. Notice in every other year, deaths peak in January. This year, deaths did not have the wave pattern of other years. March and April were way up, the summer months were the same, or higher, than January.

Georgia is a great state for you. Please stay there.
Have you ever been here? Or do you choose to believe the CNN version of us? I love Indiana. I spent my first 26 years there. But this has been home for the past 20 and it's really a pretty great place. Don't judge us on the soundbites that the media wants you to believe.

we are saving Grandma at the expense of the grandchild. Whether that is right or wrong is up to the individual.
Global warming and the national debt are way bigger threats to our youth than the inconveniences of COVID.

Have you ever been here? Or do you choose to believe the CNN version of us? I love Indiana. I spent my first 26 years there. But this has been home for the past 20 and it's really a pretty great place. Don't judge us on the soundbites that the media wants you to believe.
I have, it sucks just like most of the south. There are aspects of southern culture I can appreciate like the food, some of the music, the weather, but I can’t identify with the majority of the people. The southern upper middle to “elite” class are my least favorite sub culture in the US.

lol inconveniences? How about the additional trillions of dollars and global recession?

Yeah, we'd all be better off if COVID never happened. But the youth can and will recover, and benefit from the lessons learned. Which age group is most susceptible to financial damage from the recession? Retirees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT