ADVERTISEMENT

McRib?

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004

Reactions: IU40IU
I've never puked one up because I AM A MAN! It is a very good sandwich. I get it without pickles though.

Trust me, it's healthier for you if you do puke it up. Knock yourself out, but don't say I didn't warn you.

If you are willing to wait a year to imbibe in that shit sandwich, then you should buy a rack of pork ribs, slow cook them and make the sandwich. If cooking them outside is an issue, cook them in the oven with your favorite dry rub. Make your own glaze and finish them under the broiler. Take the bones out (they should fall out by this point). Buy some nice fresh baked rolls from you grocers deli, butter the insides and pan fry them like grilled cheese. Slice your own onions and add what ever accoutrement you desire.

This might take an afternoon, and you might spend upwards of 30 bucks (which is about the same price per sammie) for 8 heaping rib sammies of 1000x the quality...and you can do this anytime you wish without waiting a year.

I saw a rating for each state of best pizza in that state, on Facebook. Mother Bear's was judged best in Indiana.

If you are willing to wait a year to imbibe in that shit sandwich, then you should buy a rack of pork ribs, slow cook them and make the sandwich. If cooking them outside is an issue, cook them in the oven with your favorite dry rub. Make your own glaze and finish them under the broiler. Take the bones out (they should fall out by this point). Buy some nice fresh baked rolls from you grocers deli, butter the insides and pan fry them like grilled cheese. Slice your own onions and add what ever accoutrement you desire.

This might take an afternoon, and you might spend upwards of 30 bucks (which is about the same price per sammie) for 8 heaping rib sammies of 1000x the quality...and you can do this anytime you wish without waiting a year.

This times 100

My chuck roast burnt ends for the win against Penn State. BBQ from a fast food joint is wrong on so many levels. This cow was lovingly fed by my nephew and even given a name. My daughter and I picked it out from the rest back in June.
wKsMJbz.png

This times 100

My chuck roast burnt ends for the win against Penn State. BBQ from a fast food joint is wrong on so many levels. This cow was lovingly fed by my nephew and even given a name. My daughter and I picked it out from the rest back in June.
wKsMJbz.png
Did he name it Tasty, Tender or Dinner?

Did he name it Tasty, Tender or Dinner?
Chuck III

He's 12 and has probably already used the creative name options at least once. Sir Loin, T-Bone Pickens, Cole Porterhouse, etc...

Sometimes, opportunity knocks and there are no brainers. A calf was born with a deformed leg, so I got to meet Tripod. One was born blind in one eye, so it was named after a neighbor who was shot in his eye during a bb gun fight as a kid. Growing up on a farm you have to amuse yourself, because no one else is around to do it for you most of the time.

Reactions: 76-1 and All4You
I wouldn't feed that fake shit to a dog.

Reactions: kkott
This times 100

wKsMJbz.png
Looks delicious! Would you mind sharing the recipe? PM me, if you'd like.

Reactions: kkott
Looks delicious! Would you mind sharing the recipe? PM me, if you'd like.
Super easy. Smoke a chuck roast to an internal temp of around 175. Pull it and let it rest uncovered for about 10-15 minutes. Cut it into cubes and put it back in a baking pan. Then you cover it and toss with some sort of sauce that has a little sugar in it. Put it back in the smoker until the cubes are not quite falling completely apart when poke/prod them.

You can go simple with the sauce and use store bought or make your own. The picture I posted has homemade raspberry jelly, worcestershire sauce, some sweet hot sauce, a pinch of salt and enough red wine to get it thinned so it would pour smoothly.

Reactions: DANC
Hell, I don't begrudge anyone their food likes TBH. I think we can all admit that we have weird food items we crave that most reasonable people couldn't comprehend. It's just that the McRib pisses me off, not only because it's a subpar sammich, but also how they only serve them a few weeks a year like they are something special.

I mean, we already showed how to make a better BBQ meat sammich for the same money, but I wager I could make a better McRib than McDonalds using On-Cor frozen rib shaped patties, Kroger Sweet Hawaiian Rolls and off the shelf Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce. That would be an apples to apples comparison and at $7 bucks for five of them, ready in about 15-20 minutes all year round lol.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I've read something within the last week that said they don't do it year round because of the ingredients for the sauce being difficult to source year round and because sales nose dive after a few weeks. Apparently, it's like my once every couple of years need to eat White Castle. Nostalgia gets trumped by reality.

yeah, I ate that crap when I was a teen, and it blows me away how many adults still eat McDonalds regularly. I'll get a craving for a hamburger sometimes, but I try and go somewhere that uses fresh patties like Five Guys or Culvers or something.
Same here ...

I love the McRib. Aruss loved the McRib. So I’ll eat one for him every time it comes out. One will not kill me. Agree, McDonalds is garbage and I rarely eat it. Maybe 3 times a year if that because sometimes I crave a Big Mac. Their fries sit in my stomach like a 20 lbs weight. Bleh.

However, I can’t wait to get one for Aruss.

yeah, I ate that crap when I was a teen, and it blows me away how many adults still eat McDonalds regularly. I'll get a craving for a hamburger sometimes, but I try and go somewhere that uses fresh patties like Five Guys or Culvers or something.
I imagine the McRib is made in a similar fashion as the McNugget. A slurry of meat scraps pressed into a mold. Yummy!!

I do like McDonalds half cut iced tea.

I imagine the McRib is made in a similar fashion as the McNugget. A slurry of meat scraps pressed into a mold. Yummy!!

I do like McDonalds half cut iced tea.
Yea I know it’s shit. But it tastes good once a year.

if I drank cola, their coke is like crack.

Yea I know it’s shit. But it tastes good once a year.

if I drank cola, their coke is like crack.
Yeah, I gave up soda 3 years ago. I like a good root beer once in a while. That doesn't count does it?

I once said you could put a good barbecue sauce on a rat and it would taste good, I suspect the McRib without sauce would taste like rat.

Yeah, I gave up soda 3 years ago. I like a good root beer once in a while. That doesn't count does it?

I once said you could put a good barbecue sauce on a rat and it would taste good, I suspect the McRib without sauce would taste like rat.
Love root beer. What’s your fave ?

Love root beer. What’s your fave ?
Frost Top. My parents would treat us at a drive in a frosty mug when I was a kid. I found it at Rural King. I had a relative that sold IBC root beer in a brown glass bottle at his store. I need to find out if it still tastes awesome today.

Not a fan of the McRib. But every once in a while a Big Mac hits to spot. Then food coma regret. I’m never eating this shit again.... repeat.

Frost Top. My parents would treat us at a drive in a frosty mug when I was a kid. I found it at Rural King. I had a relative that sold IBC root beer in a brown glass bottle at his store. I need to find out if it still tastes awesome today.
Try some Sprecher root beer sometime. It's excellent, but you can't find it everywhere.

I’m partial to Stewart’s.

My favorite McDonalds sandwich. Yeah!!
My Wife's late Son loved the McRib. He and his family lived a Block away From a McDonalds. As he was under treatment for Cancer, one of the things he enjoyed was the McRib Sandwich when it returned in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT