ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe the Best Fit...

Who knows if we hire Greenspan we may fall into a twofer if Tracey Smith is asked to leave AzSt next year (supposedly he's on the hot seat)... He might be interested in returning as an Asst. HC or Assoc. HC before he moves to his next job...

I've decided Greenspan should be the guy.

Sorry, Ben...

That's undoubtedly the kiss of death on his candidacy for the job...

I don't see it at all. Googins will get a shot before he does but Googs hasn't won enough IMO.

Greenspan has been following Tracy and ASU recruits itself. I know they're young, but ASU hasn't been that great lately.

That Wright State kid looks more intriguing to me. Pretty solid IMO.

Read the last 7 paragraphs of his resume (not counting family info).

https://thesundevils.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1768&path=baseball

Perfect fit (in my opinion).

No worries though, if what others write is true Fred will go cheap. To me that means the Wright State coach...

I still like Greenspan better then the Wright State guy...

If that bio was even close to legit he'd have a job already.

Just my opinion.

If that bio was even close to legit he'd have a job already.

Just my opinion.

Now I've never met the guy (Greenspan) so I have no real dog in this fight...

My picks were based on a few quick resume surfs... So I'm making it clear I'm no "expert".

I do wonder however what portions of Greenspan's resume you consider fake?

I get it that you like Mercer but you're taking this a little overboard inferring that Greenspans resume is phony... Wow...

I don't think it's a phony resume, rather a lot happened under Tracy's watch.

Tracy is probably trying to build him up too so Greenspan can get a job.

Now I've never met the guy (Greenspan) so I have no real dog in this fight...

My picks were based on a few quick resume surfs... So I'm making it clear I'm no "expert".

I do wonder however what portions of Greenspan's resume you consider fake?

I get it that you like Mercer but you're taking this a little overboard inferring that Greenspans resume is phony... Wow...

I didn't say phony. Quit being so dramatic. I do think it's "Rosey".

I just don't think he played that big of a part in the players that the guys listed became.

I don't know Mercer and have no dog in the fight either. I don't know if he'd be good or not. But if we want to stay legitimate a guy like Ben Greenspan would be a mistake. Seems like a great option for a smaller program though for sure.

Ben Greenspan

Team Captain at INDIANA 2007

BA & MA from INDIANA

6 year Asst. Coach at INDIANA

Recruiting Co-ord (among other duties at AzSt) with a #1 ranked recruiting class to his credit...

Those are Facts...

Probably a dumb question given Greenspan's experience at IU, but do you think there would be any hard feelings about him coming back, since IU "forced out" his dad as AD? I realize that he stayed on afterwards, which is why this may be a dumb question. I just think of the stories about how Tony Bennett would have had no interest in the IU job after his sister was fired as WBB coach.

Ben Greenspan

Team Captain at INDIANA 2007

BA & MA from INDIANA

6 year Asst. Coach at INDIANA

Recruiting Co-ord (among other duties at AzSt) with a #1 ranked recruiting class to his credit...

Those are Facts...
Well, know that in 2012 and 2013 a lot of the offense duties were shifted away from Greenspan. It wasn’t public knowledge, as nothing was made public about that. That’s not to say he didn’t “mentor” those guys, but he wasn’t the only part of those guys development as hitters. I’m sorry, but he’s probably not a guy that will make the short list.

Reactions: iulb
Well, know that in 2012 and 2013 a lot of the offense duties were shifted away from Greenspan. It wasn’t public knowledge, as nothing was made public about that. That’s not to say he didn’t “mentor” those guys, but he wasn’t the only part of those guys development as hitters. I’m sorry, but he’s probably not a guy that will make the short list.
Lew who do you like? Any insight? Thx in a advance.

Probably a dumb question given Greenspan's experience at IU, but do you think there would be any hard feelings about him coming back, since IU "forced out" his dad as AD? I realize that he stayed on afterwards, which is why this may be a dumb question. I just think of the stories about how Tony Bennett would have had no interest in the IU job after his sister was fired as WBB coach.

Wow, I didn't realize that he was THAT Greenspan's son.......I withdraw my qualified support (he was #2 on my list). Wright State, here we come.

Well guess that shoots that sterling resume...:(:confused:

Thanks for the input.

don't think it'll be an assistant coach (unless it's one from a program like Vandy or Oregon State)...Duncan would certainly make sense

Reactions: Allen Brown 0207
Lew who do you like? Any insight? Thx in a advance.
Well, if IU was going to go with a hot young top assistant coach right now..... the name J-Bob Thomas at Texas Tech comes to mind, but that’s a wild throw of the dart by me....... I think IU would aspire to find a top assistant who’s looking to be a head coach from a college baseball power conference, much like Lemonis was.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
Well, if IU was going to go with a hot young top assistant coach right now..... the name J-Bob Thomas at Texas Tech comes to mind, but that’s a wild throw of the dart by me....... I think IU would aspire to find a top assistant who’s looking to be a head coach from a college baseball power conference, much like Lemonis was.
some of the best examples would be Yeskie (Oregon St), Brown (Vandy) and McMullan (UVA).

Yeskie might be too far away geographically, if nothing else. Brown might be more interested, especially since Vandy recruits almost every year in the state of Indiana anyway. Not sure if McMullan would want to leave the ACC but, if not, maybe Forbes (assistant at UNC) would?

ADVERTISEMENT