ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe a stupid question...

mk23

Senior
Dec 7, 2005
but when a coach leaves, aren't the incoming freshman allowed to withdraw their Letter of Intent? Just curious now because of the DL coach coming from MSU. Can the King kid from New Pal change his mind and join his buddy Charlie in Bloomington?

Last edited:
I don't believe there is any hard and fast rule but schools will usually let kids out of their LOI.

Is there any reason to believe the King kid wants out of his LOI?

Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't believe there is any hard and fast rule but schools will usually let kids out of their LOI.

Is there any reason to believe the King kid wants out of his LOI?
Just wishful thinking. I watched him the last 2 years vs Center Grove and the kid is a player. Now that his head coach and position coach have left, it just makes sense he'd move on. Am I right? :)

Problem may be does IU have a spot for him (scholly’s). I do think this position coach is going to be a good recruiter!

Problem may be does IU have a spot for him (scholly’s). I do think this position coach is going to be a good recruiter!

I believe we currently have on spot remaining. Someone correct if I am wrong. Does anyone know if the kid is already enrolled or will be a June addition?

I believe we currently have on spot remaining. Someone correct if I am wrong. Does anyone know if the kid is already enrolled or will be a June addition?
Good question. For some reason, I feel like I read he was an early enrollee. If that’s the case - and Dantonio probably pushed to get as many on campus early all while contemplating leaving himself - that makes him a bigger slime ball than ever. All conjecture of course, but would it really surprise anyone?

Kyle King won’t be leaving MSU anytime soon. He’s “all in” with MSU and the new coach. He was an early enrollee along with 6 other guys.

I expect our open slot to be filled in May by Jovan Swann.

How about the kid from Arizona that it came down to IU and Colorado? Can’t think of his name. He went to Colorado and now his coach is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT