ADVERTISEMENT

May 23 NCAA tournament projections

Would rather not have us deal with a national seed, either Kentucky or Louisville. Put us somewhere else.
It seems pretty likely this point they we are going to end up in either Louisville or Lexington.

Reactions: jmbennett
Wow....that'd be cool. I still say a #3 somewhere though...though I'm expecting a 1-2 record in the tournament
Why do you think that? I see us having the best resume' in the BIG, even after finishing 6th. No one else played the teams we did. If not for the god awful slump at Purdue we could have won the BIG.

Why do you think that? I see us having the best resume' in the BIG, even after finishing 6th. No one else played the teams we did. If not for the god awful slump at Purdue we could have won the BIG.

Mainly because of our offense against aces. In the last 5-6 series we've either lost the opening series or won 1-0. Minnesota beat us 11-0. So I see us starting 0-1 tommorrow and any time you lose that first game in a long tournament like this, it's hard to do much better then 1-2....maybe 2-2.

It seems pretty likely this point they we are going to end up in either Louisville or Lexington.
Yep. It's good for the fans and it's attractive to the NCAA, but Louisville is the #5 national seed and Kentucky has been a borderline national seed most of the year. That's pretty tough.

Reactions: RBB89
Yep. It's good for the fans and it's attractive to the NCAA, but Louisville is the #5 national seed and Kentucky has been a borderline national seed most of the year. That's pretty tough.
We play both teams regularly . I think that takes away some of the advantage they would have against someone else . I think it's those teams that will not want us in their Regional .

Mainly because of our offense against aces. In the last 5-6 series we've either lost the opening series or won 1-0. Minnesota beat us 11-0. So I see us starting 0-1 tommorrow and any time you lose that first game in a long tournament like this, it's hard to do much better then 1-2....maybe 2-2.

Good thing tomorrow's not Friday ...... "this isn't personal, it's business"

Good thing tomorrow's not Friday ...... "this isn't personal, it's business"

Absolutely. But it's ace day.

I certainly hope I'm wrong. And I do think we have the best resume in the conference at this point, and I think they are comfortably in the field, but I'm not optimistic that we're going to advance to Saturday or Sunday in the conference tournament.

I just looked at the box score from that 11-0 game just to make sure, and it is indeed the same matchup of starting pitchers. Sure hope we have better results this time....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT