ADVERTISEMENT

Maxine Waters Should Be Arrested

She’s from The V in Stl. Every day there is “confrontational.” Inculcated.... Great sports tho. Lots of pro boxers including the Spinks brothers

She’s also 82. We elect these people. We only have ourselves to blame

Last edited:
The trial judge seems to think her comments could be grounds for an appeal.

"I'll give you that Congresswoman Waters may have given you something on appeal that may result in this whole trial being overturned," Cahill said as arguments in the case concluded Monday and the jury began deliberations.

Her rhetoric may very well spark riots, violence, and destruction, even though it would have happened regardless. She did throw more gas on the fire, for sure.
Should we wait and see what the precedent for these types of things ends up being from the Jan. 6 riots, or use her punishment as a justification to go after the gas throwers (including the IPOTUS) from that day?
Either way, I'm on board.

Reactions: larsIU
Her rhetoric may very well spark riots, violence, and destruction, even though it would have happened regardless. She did throw more gas on the fire, for sure.
While still idiotic and out of line, when you hear what she said in its entirety the "confrontational" line is much less impactful than it is as a standalone sound bite.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Mr Floor loves his hyperbole. We didn't arrest Rudy for encouraging "trial by combat" so we aren't going to arrest Maxine. BUT there should be strong consideration of taking her committee assignments. I would support the move, I am doubtful the party would do it.

Reactions: UncleMark
Waters is right, oh and.....

If the fat orange piece of shit wasn't arrested for January 6th, Maxine's gold.

Reactions: UncleMark
From FoxNews article:

Waters has been criticized by Republicans who called her comment reckless. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, took to Twitter on Sunday, saying, "Democrats actively encouraging riots & violence," Cruz tweeted with a link to a story about the California Democrat’s comments. "They want to tear us apart."

Meanwhile, this is obviously how Teddy remembers Jan. 6.

hand-in-hand-circle-surrounded-by-people-silhouette-material-18155.jpg

From FoxNews article:

Waters has been criticized by Republicans who called her comment reckless. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, took to Twitter on Sunday, saying, "Democrats actively encouraging riots & violence," Cruz tweeted with a link to a story about the California Democrat’s comments. "They want to tear us apart."

Meanwhile, this is obviously how Teddy remembers Jan. 6.

hand-in-hand-circle-surrounded-by-people-silhouette-material-18155.jpg
That lasted about 45 minutes. What’s more the bad actors in that 45 minutes are now feeling the heavy hand of the law. We’ve had more than nine months of rioting, much of which has been directly approved by democratic leaders or tacitly approved. Portland is still having gov buildings set on fire. I agree with ted.

There’s a faction of insane Dems every bit as divisive as the right.

Last edited:
That lasted about 45 minutes. What’s more the bad actors in that 45 minutes are now feeling the heavy hand of the law. We’ve had more than nine months of rioting, much of which has been directly approved by democratic leaders or tacitly approved. Portland is still having gov buildings set on fire. I agree with ted.

That is the myth. The vast majority of us supported the rights of protestors, not rioters. As an example, if The Proud Boys and others want to march in DC they should have that right never mind what happened in January.

Legit protestors should not lose their rights because of criminals.

Reactions: MrBing and Ohio Guy
That is the myth. The vast majority of us supported the rights of protestors, not rioters. As an example, if The Proud Boys and others want to march in DC they should have that right never mind what happened in January.

I don’t follow you Marv. What’s a myth? I understand that most only support lawful protests but when rioting is allowed to go on that long it’s supported by dem leaders. There’s no right being protected and a decision was made not to quell it

Agree. We don't all have to like what someone is protesting, but we might as well give up the ghost of democracy if we're going to selectively quash peaceful protests.

I don’t follow you Marv. What’s a myth? I understand that most only support lawful protests but when rioting is allowed to go on that long it’s supported by dem leaders. There’s no right being protected and a decision was made not to quell it
That is the myth. Thousands marched peacefully by the day. Many on the right wanted to shut them off.

The secret is to catch and punish people looting, starting fires, etc. The vast majority of people were not doing that. And as we know, unlike January where so far no liberals have been caught, some of the chaos was caused by people on the right (umbrella man for example).

Reactions: MrBing and 76-1

"Many a man who tries to talk as if he is standing on a mountain shows by what he says that he is up to his eyes in the mud." Billy Sunday

That is the myth. Thousands marched peacefully by the day. Many on the right wanted to shut them off.

The secret is to catch and punish people looting, starting fires, etc. The vast majority of people were not doing that. And as we know, unlike January where so far no liberals have been caught, some of the chaos was caused by people on the right (umbrella man for example).
And there is the issue.
Some Righties who fear any gun control because of the possibility of allowing a toe hold for future 2nd Amendment infringement don't seem to have the same concern for the 1st Amendment.

While still idiotic and out of line, when you hear what she said in its entirety the "confrontational" line is much less impactful than it is as a standalone sound bite.
She was raised in the hood. Vashon High. She knew exactly what she was saying.

Reactions: 76-1
Like I said before, there was a time, long ago, when I was young and ignorant ;), when I thought people elected to Congress were smart and competent people. Then I found out many dumb and incompetent people have been elected and many are reelected over and over. Waters is one of those and there are many on both sides of the aisle. Elected officials should refrain from commenting in this way on trials in progress. Another thing, when did Representatives from one state find it necessary to comment on trials happening in other states? She represents a district in California not in Minnesota. What she said was the wrong thing to say at the wrong time. By the way, I listened to her entire spiel this morning and not just the shortened clip. It was worse in its entirety, not less reprehensible or more defensible.

Don't "what about" this. I also think Trump said the wrong thing (which of course he did often) at the wrong time on January 6 too.

What secret? The national guard should have been brought in before billions of dollars were lost and peoples’ livelihoods ruined. To allow it was an active decision. Not oh shoot we need to catch these guys.

The blm slogan was silence equals violence. Maxine encourages same. The blm congress rep from Stl was doing it here.

Reactions: 76-1
That's almost the same as saying there is no 2nd Amendment right to open fire on people.
Like I said before, there was a time, long ago, when I was young and ignorant ;), when I thought people elected to Congress were smart and competent people. Then I found out many dumb and incompetent people have been elected and many are reelected over and over. Waters is one of those and there are many on both sides of the aisle. Elected officials should refrain from commenting in this way on trials in progress. Another thing, when did Representatives from one state find it necessary to comment on trials happening in other states? She represents a district in California not in Minnesota. What she said was the wrong thing to say at the wrong time. By the way, I listened to her entire spiel this morning and not just the shortened clip. It was worse in its entirety, not less reprehensible or more defensible.

Don't "what about" this. I also think Trump said the wrong thing (which of course he did often) at the wrong time on January 6 too.

Exactly. Yabbut trump. Yabbut Jan 6

Reactions: DANC and 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT