ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Painter

Id just like to say, that I put a huge Loogie on Matt Painters parking spot today after working at their new facility. Missed the bathroom urinal a little bit on purpose too! ;D

I shoulda video taped their pukie football practice also but that woulda been too noticeable!

What type of work?

You must have a short memory. My IU friends said he'd have IU in the FF in 3 years.

...and when you have nothing to talk about with your own program, you cast stones at others. Remind me: how many F4s has Matt Painter gotten PU to? Wanna bet that Archie Miller will have us there inside of Painter's Purdue tenure? No, I didn't think so.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
You must have a short memory. My IU friends said he'd have IU in the FF in 3 years.

I loooove how the PU guys all have "friends" that say IU this, IU that. Wonder why I never meet any of these guys? Maybe you just hang with dummies. There are dummies in every fan base. For example, there are some PU knuckleheads on this board trying to compare Vince Edwards favorably to Swanigan.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
...and when you have nothing to talk about with your own program, you cast stones at others. Remind me: how many F4s has Matt Painter gotten PU to? Wanna bet that Archie Miller will have us there inside of Painter's Purdue tenure? No, I didn't think so.
I make a comment about Crean and you bring Miller in to it. I didn't cast stones. A lot of IU fans thought Crean would bring them to the promised land. You asked me if I was high. That's why I responded. I have no idea how Miller will do. I've said it was a good hire. He hasn't coached a game yet so I really don't know how he'll do. He's got a bigger budget, a better heritage, and the state media. Those are advantages. Crean couldn't get it done so I prefer to take the wait and see approach. Good luck.

I loooove how the PU guys all have "friends" that say IU this, IU that. Wonder why I never meet any of these guys? Maybe you just hang with dummies. There are dummies in every fan base. For example, there are some PU knuckleheads on this board trying to compare Vince Edwards favorably to Swanigan.
Never thought V Edwards would be better than Swanigan just like I said that Yogi was way better than R Johnson. Not even close. I have to believe that most people on here knew some body that thought Crean would get IU to a FF when he arrived.

Never thought V Edwards would be better than Swanigan just like I said that Yogi was way better than R Johnson. Not even close. I have to believe that most people on here knew some body that thought Crean would get IU to a FF when he arrived.

Yogi, watford, Will S and those 2 top 4 pics... (#1 seed) yeah, IU should have a F4 in the past 5 years. Crean failed, iu gave him the resources. Sucks no doubt. Assume if CMP had that roster, PU fans would expect a F4.

Last edited:
Yogi, watford, Sheehe and those 2 top 4 pics... (#1 seed) yeah, IU should have a F4 in the past 5 years. Crean failed, iu gave him the resources. Sucks no doubt. Assume if CMP had that roster, PU fans would expect a F4.
I think that roster should have made a FF. He had everything in place. In recent years I thought Painter should have gotten to a FF with JJ, Moore, and Robbie but it didn't happen. I'm retirement age and was at the last FF Purdue was in. I hope I live long enough to see it happen again. There's new optimism at IU as well there should be. If Miller gets Romeo, then IU is back. Miller has gotten off to a good start recruiting wise but that would be icing on the cake.

Reactions: Hoogolf
I think that roster should have made a FF. He had everything in place. In recent years I thought Painter should have gotten to a FF with JJ, Moore, and Robbie but it didn't happen. I'm retirement age and was at the last FF Purdue was in. I hope I live long enough to see it happen again. There's new optimism at IU as well there should be. If Miller gets Romeo, then IU is back. Miller has gotten off to a good start recruiting wise but that would be icing on the cake.

Yeah, moore's group should at the very least be knocking on the F4 door. I was actually pulling for you and chalked you into the F4 in my bracket challenge. Definitely pissed after that VCU game.

Small sample size. Our worst times as a program are on par with PU's best...
Bah humbug. IU's best years in school history were under Knight. Keady had a winning record against Knight.
And Keady didn't hold serve with Purdue's history against IU. Purdue has dominated the series over the history of the rivalry.

Yeah, moore's group should at the very least be knocking on the F4 door. I was actually pulling for you and chalked you into the F4 in my bracket challenge. Definitely pissed after that VCU game.
Robbies injuries held Purdue out of a FF. Would they have made it? They were arguably the best team in college BB before he went down.

Bah humbug. IU's best years in school history were under Knight. Keady had a winning record against Knight.
And Keady didn't hold serve with Purdue's history against IU. Purdue has dominated the series over the history of the rivalry.
Since 1939, the advent of modern NCAA basketball, IU leads the series with the Broilees. (1939 is the first year of the NCAA tourney)

Reactions: Hoogolf
Best? Idk about that, but definitely top 5.
Memory fading a little but I believe Purdue was ranked #3 and the #1 and #2 teams lost.
Probably would have been ranked #1 with the BIG Tourney left to stay as a #1 seed.
But if if's and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Memory fading a little but I believe Purdue was ranked #3 and the #1 and #2 teams lost.
Probably would have been ranked #1 with the BIG Tourney left to stay as a #1 seed.
But if if's and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
Last line sums it all up. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT