ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Lloyd

Charlesroast

Freshman
Aug 4, 2013
Saw a tweet indicating Matt has completed his degree. Know that is a great moment for him and his family, congrats!

Selfishly hope he stays at IU for his final season of college eligibility. IMO he was the MVP of last year’s team and would be a key for the 2019 season.

Can’t find any indication there has been a post season banquet with recognition of individual season accomplishments. Hope Coach Mercer holds one this fall for the 2018 team.

Reactions: RBB89
Saw a tweet indicating Matt has completed his degree. Know that is a great moment for him and his family, congrats!

Selfishly hope he stays at IU for his final season of college eligibility. IMO he was the MVP of last year’s team and would be a key for the 2019 season.

Can’t find any indication there has been a post season banquet with recognition of individual season accomplishments. Hope Coach Mercer holds one this fall for the 2018 team.
Why would he not come back? He wasn't drafted. Unless he has no aspirations of playing pro ball (which I can't believe would be the case), he will be back to try to get drafted next year.

As a graduate he could transfer to any schools grad program and wouldn't have to sit out a year.

Why would he not come back? He wasn't drafted. Unless he has no aspirations of playing pro ball (which I can't believe would be the case), he will be back to try to get drafted next year.

And he is thinking of doing that? First I have heard about it.

I didn’t Intend to start a rumor. I really appreciate Matt’s game and poorly expressed my desire to see another season. I have no reason to think he is going anywhere.

I would appreciate any off season update regarding the kids with remaining eligibility via the IU athletic website but that was expecting too much.

I didn’t Intend to start a rumor. I really appreciate Matt’s game and poorly expressed my desire to see another season. I have no reason to think he is going anywhere.

I would appreciate any off season update regarding the kids with remaining eligibility via the IU athletic website but that was expecting too much.

I can tell you that within the sports information office, sports share staff. So someone who has baseball in the spring also has a fall and probably winter sport they are responsible for as well. Which means there are only so many hours in the day to keep all sports updated 12 months a year. The focus of those folks tends to naturally be on the sport that is in season or is starting....as well as doing some planning ahead. And on top of that, many of them have SOME football responsibility too.

You can call it an excuse. But it's a reality. If the market ever dictates that resources be put into place so that SIDs have a single sport they are responsible for all year and give that their full attention, then you might see that kind of coverage. But the current market doesn't dictate that, so we're stuck with getting what we get.

I can tell you that within the sports information office, sports share staff. So someone who has baseball in the spring also has a fall and probably winter sport they are responsible for as well. Which means there are only so many hours in the day to keep all sports updated 12 months a year. The focus of those folks tends to naturally be on the sport that is in season or is starting....as well as doing some planning ahead. And on top of that, many of them have SOME football responsibility too.

You can call it an excuse. But it's a reality. If the market ever dictates that resources be put into place so that SIDs have a single sport they are responsible for all year and give that their full attention, then you might see that kind of coverage. But the current market doesn't dictate that, so we're stuck with getting what we get.
Correct, and Greg Kincaid also handles
Football, which this is a busy time of year for that.

ADVERTISEMENT