ADVERTISEMENT

Mass with the Pope?

is joe Biden for abortion ? or is joe Biden for its not his right to tell you if you can have a abortion? big difference
I think that is a pretty good distinction to make and one that is often overlooked.

In my opinion, no one is really 'for' abortion, meaning no one really wants to have one or no one is looking forward to having one. For the most part, the decision to have an abortion has to be extremely difficult and I'd guess that for most, it weighs heavily on them. I wouldn't wish that decision-making process on anyone, but I certainly understand why we'd want legal, safe options for people with their backs against the wall.

In that vein, I'd count myself as against the idea of abortion, but I don't believe it's my right, duty or whatever to expect people to act based on how I feel.

Oh, Danny. The Daily Wire again?
https://www.ncronline.org/news/politics/no-pope-francis-did-not-cancel-meeting-president-biden
P.S. Priests (including the pope) don't "do" a Mass. They "celebrate" Mass, or "say" Mass.

@DANC is really again making another charge at VPM for the resident village idiot title.

1350438873620_4897826.png

The way to decrease abortions is to better provide health care, education, and contraception to young women. It is why abortion rates generally go down under every Democratic president and go up under every Republican president. A vote for Biden was an informed vote to reduce abortions in the USA.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
I think that is a pretty good distinction to make and one that is often overlooked.

In my opinion, no one is really 'for' abortion, meaning no one really wants to have one or no one is looking forward to having one. For the most part, the decision to have an abortion has to be extremely difficult and I'd guess that for most, it weighs heavily on them. I wouldn't wish that decision-making process on anyone, but I certainly understand why we'd want legal, safe options for people with their backs against the wall.

In that vein, I'd count myself as against the idea of abortion, but I don't believe it's my right, duty or whatever to expect people to act based on how I feel.
You can't expect people to not kill a viable baby?

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Can the govt make a better decision than a family? I thought you were against big government meddling in private matters.

Technically life starts as sperm so jerking off should be a criminal act.
Government is against killing. Aren't you? Do we just ignore killers because we don't want to meddle in their lives?

• Haha
Once again, you have no factual argument against what is in the article, so you attack the source.

You're pitiful.

PS I don't care how you say the do Mass. I'm not Catholic and I couldn't care less. Evidently you do.
Your article is fake news. My link establishes that. The Catholic News Agency posted something this afternoon confirming that the report (of a planned visit, followed by Pope Francis "uninviting" Biden to Mass), was erroneous.

I warned you a couple of weeks ago, Danny, that the Daily Wire was a shit source but you didn't listen to me.

Did you read about Biden's European itinerary before he left? I did. There was nothing about a trip to the Vatican and the reason there wasn't is because there was no plan to go to Rome. He's already scheduled to meet with the Pope in October.

I feel bad for you, Dan, so here's a little ditty I wrote just for you that I hope will make you feel better. I'm part Irish, and my lyrics are to the tune of the Irish ballad - - what else! - - "Oh, Danny Boy:"

Oh, Danny Boy, the pope (The Pope!) is calling,
With news that you most certainly should know.
Despite reports on far-right, wacky websites,
He never planned to meet this week with Joe.

Reactions: cosmickid
Government is against killing. Aren't you? Do we just ignore killers because we don't want to meddle in their lives?
The current line established in Roe v Wade is the established line of conception.

If you want to move it more power to you but I can move it also.

How many kids have you killed jerking off over your lifetime?

My numbers make Hitler look like an amateur and I've still got some time to pad those numbers.

Your article is fake news. My link establishes that. The Catholic News Agency posted something this afternoon confirming that the report (of a planned visit, followed by Pope Francis "uninviting" Biden to Mass), was erroneous.

I warned you a couple of weeks ago, Danny, that the Daily Wire was a shit source but you didn't listen to me.

Did you read about Biden's European itinerary before he left? I did. There was nothing about a trip to the Vatican and the reason there wasn't is because there was no plan to go to Rome. He's already scheduled to meet with the Pope in October.

I feel bad for you, Dan, so here's a little ditty I wrote just for you that I hope will make you feel better. I'm part Irish, and my lyrics are to the tune of the Irish ballad - - what else! - - "Oh, Danny Boy:"

Oh, Danny Boy, the pope (The Pope!) is calling,
With news that you most certainly should know.
Despite reports on far-right, wacky websites,
He never planned to meet this week with Joe.
Did the Pope have Mass with Biden or not?

He didn't. Why didn't he?

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
The way to decrease abortions is to better provide health care, education, and contraception to young women. It is why abortion rates generally go down under every Democratic president and go up under every Republican president. A vote for Biden was an informed vote to reduce abortions in the USA.

There is another way to not make it even an issue right? You have some actual info on the rates or just blowing crap as usual.

Reactions: DANC
Because there was no plan to go to Rome this trip! Seriously, what is your problem/condition?
That's bullshit. The Daily Wire was actually quoting from the Catholic News Agency.

Of course they're backtracking now, to save Biden embarrassment. They know who butters their bread.

"“President Biden, who is in Europe for several high level meetings, is taking off the morning of June 15 to meet Pope Francis as President of the United States for the first time,” reported CNA. “The President’s entourage had originally requested for Biden to attend Mass with the Pope early in the morning, but the proposal was nixed by the Vatican after considering the impact that President Biden receiving Holy Communion from the Pope would have on the discussions the USCCB is planning to have during their meeting starting Wednesday, June 16."

You have some actual info on the rates or just blowing crap as usual.
The abortion rate has steadily declined since the 1980s throughout both Democratic and Republican administrations, with a greater rate of decline during Democratic administrations. One can argue that the REASONS for it are unclear, so Snopes rates the claim as "a mixture"

"Which Party Is More Effective at Reducing Abortions? | Snopes.com" https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/political-party-abortion-rate/

That's bullshit. The Daily Wire was actually quoting from the Catholic News Agency.

Of course they're backtracking now, to save Biden embarrassment. They know who butters their bread.

"“President Biden, who is in Europe for several high level meetings, is taking off the morning of June 15 to meet Pope Francis as President of the United States for the first time,” reported CNA. “The President’s entourage had originally requested for Biden to attend Mass with the Pope early in the morning, but the proposal was nixed by the Vatican after considering the impact that President Biden receiving Holy Communion from the Pope would have on the discussions the USCCB is planning to have during their meeting starting Wednesday, June 16."
The CNA, as I said earlier, has publicly acknowledged that their initial report was based on erroneous information.

Show me a published itinerary from last week that reflected a stop in Rome. (Don't spend too much time looking, because you won't find one). Oh wait. The Daily Wire might have it!

Have you taken a cognitive assessment test? It might be time.

Reactions: outside shooter
The CNA, as I said earlier, has publicly acknowledged that their initial report was based on erroneous information.

Show me a published itinerary from last week that reflected a stop in Rome. (Don't spend too much time looking, because you won't find one). Oh wait. The Daily Wire might have it!

Have you taken a cognitive assessment test? It might be time.
Sure, as I already said, they revised their story to avoid embarrassing Biden. They were plenty sure of it earlier in the day.

Believe what you want - just like you believed the NY Times when they pushed the Russian collusion hoax.

You're so gullible.

Sure, as I already said, they revised their story to avoid embarrassing Biden. They were plenty sure of it earlier in the day.

Believe what you want - just like you believed the NY Times when they pushed the Russian collusion hoax.

You're so gullible.
A normal person would acknowledge they made a mistake and move on. You, on the other hand, keep doubling down on this bullshit thread that you started and, in the process, you look more and more like a horse's ass.

No major news organization carried your "story" because: 1) they knew Rome was never on Biden's itinerary; and 2) the story was immediately debunked.

But keep reading the Daily Wire, Danny!

Reactions: outside shooter
A normal person would acknowledge they made a mistake and move on. You, on the other hand, keep doubling down on this bullshit thread that you started and, in the process, you look more and more like a horse's ass.

No major news organization carried your "story" because: 1) they knew Rome was never on Biden's itinerary; and 2) the story was immediately debunked.

But keep reading the Daily Wire, Danny!
They quoted the Catholic News Channel. Sorry if you don't believe the Catholics themselves.

They quoted the Catholic News Channel. Sorry if you don't believe the Catholics themselves.
Your fake news story was debunked by "the Catholics themselves" well before you started this bogus thread. You're not going to stay current with accurate news by reading The Daily Wire, Danny.

What's your 'accurate' news source? NY Times? CNN? MSNBC?

No wonder you're so ignorant.
Ignorance is bliss in the land of the liberal, I have no real commentary on the actual original post but find it funny how all liberals only watch the best news, which agrees with them and any other one is fake. Liberals are literally, as a group the dumbest people on the face of the earth.

Once upon a time, this forum was capable of having a serious conversation about this topic.

Once upon a time, this forum was capable of having a serious conversation about this topic.

Tough to have a serious conversation about any topic when it's "led" by a nonsensical poster who launches a thread with a lie.

I'd love to discuss this and it's actually very timely, given that the US Conference of Catholic Bishops is meeting today, tomorrow and Friday, and this item (whether pro-choice Catholic politicians should be allowed to receive communion) is very much on the agenda.

What are you talking about? Look at Dancfish's recent posting times. He has been trying to have serious conversations all night in multiple threads. None of it sounds like the scared bleating of an angry old POSter throwing a tantrum that Biden kicked Trump's ass. At all.

Tough to have a serious conversation about any topic when it's "led" by a nonsensical poster who launches a thread with a lie.

I'd love to discuss this and it's actually very timely, given that the US Conference of Catholic Bishops is meeting today, tomorrow and Friday, and this item (whether pro-choice Catholic politicians should be allowed to receive communion) is very much on the agenda.
Any time you have a conversation with a dank mass mudbug it's not going to be a highbrow affair.

I reported what the Catholic News Channel said.

Were they lying?

Ignorance is bliss in the land of the liberal, I have no real commentary on the actual original post but find it funny how all liberals only watch the best news, which agrees with them and any other one is fake. Liberals are literally, as a group the dumbest people on the face of the earth.
"I have no real commentary." Gee, what a surprise.

Virtually all of your posts, regardless of the topic or thread, are some variation of a single theme that "all liberals are dumb." The irony is that you're incapable of intelligently responding to anything.

That sounds just like what Trump does. Media is fake news, fakes news i tell you. Fox News is the real...oh wait fox news insulted me.. Fox News is fake news. lol

Is this where you blame the left for using Trump's strategy. lol

ADVERTISEMENT