ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Miller, 6'9" Memphis, TN

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Per HSN, this kid, who is 6'9" 180lbs, #65 on Rivals, is looking at Memphis, OSU, IU & Florida. Memphis has been a heavy lean, as his father played there; however, there is talk that his dad wants him to go elsewhere. Iu is is contact with him, but I don't see we've offered. He's a '21 kid.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Per HSN, this kid, who is 6'9" 180lbs, #65 on Rivals, is looking at Memphis, OSU, IU & Florida. Memphis has been a heavy lean, as his father played there; however, there is talk that his dad wants him to go elsewhere. Iu is is contact with him, but I don't see we've offered. He's a '21 kid.

His dad played at Florida, but he did play for the Grizzlies and is an assistant at Memphis now.

Reactions: minneman
I bet mike Miller will be on somebody else’s staff by then or shortly after. Hope we land him.

don't like our present chances if we're competing with a) daddy's alma mater , and b) daddy's current employer.

Not banging....Sure he can hoop. He is a top 70 kid.
But wow 6'9 180lb...That's rail thin..
Big Ten is probably the most physical conference in the country....
Idk ..Maybe he's a stretch 4..Lot of factors going against us..

The Miller name hasnt done too well over the last few years for the Hoosiers...I’d prefer a replacement too...

Reactions: RunninRichie
His dad is looking to bounce soon from Memphis. Im from Memphis happen to be in the city right when they shut the sports world down. Talk is Mike is looking for a HC job. Mike is a solid recruiter and great with the kids in training. His son will be a solid player. Trying to get his skills to catch up with a 6"9 frame. Once it all comes together. Kid could be really good. Right now he is a 16 year old 6"9 lanky awkward kid. we have seen this before. Let his body and coordination catch up with his mind. Has a smooth shot also. Side note. Miller could be a steal in a couple years. Memphis has great basketball minds in the city. Ive heard only glowing things about Millers potential as a top head coach. Pretty smart people are saying he is ready right now to step into a top school and produce. Of course recruiting is his golden ticket. Maybe a long shot. But I think a young connected coach like Miller. Would kill it at a place like IU. Give him that fan base and resources. With his connections in the recruiting world. Just could see him running with it.

Miller went to the same high school as a woman I know: Mitchell SD. They won a state championship when he was a senior. They played in the Corn Palace. I asked her how many schools were in each class in SD, and she said maybe 25.

Not sure the kid looks at Memphis as home? Me I always say Memphis is a great place to be FROM. Kid is gonna be good. Talked to a buddy of mine back in Mempho and i asked about the kid. He said the kid is just waiting on his athletic game to catch up with his size. Kid is 16 or 17 at almost 7ft. Im sure he is a little awkward trying to run and jump. May want to get in on him and his dad now. In 2 years could be a great start to a new staff and roster at IU.

Not sure the kid looks at Memphis as home? Me I always say Memphis is a great place to be FROM. Kid is gonna be good. Talked to a buddy of mine back in Mempho and i asked about the kid. He said the kid is just waiting on his athletic game to catch up with his size. Kid is 16 or 17 at almost 7ft. Im sure he is a little awkward trying to run and jump. May want to get in on him and his dad now. In 2 years could be a great start to a new staff and roster at IU.

Archie isn't going anywhere. Sorry to disappoint you.

ADVERTISEMENT