ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland's starting center

frikkenfrakken

All-Big Ten
Jan 14, 2005
10 minutes, no shots, no points, 1 foul, 1 rebound.

Hartman has his best game of the season...and we out-rebounded them.

Who says we don't have a front court?

Is that the same center that tried to back into Hartman or Hoetzel...

lost his footing and fell into the legs of our player.... then wrapped his arm around our players leg... and we got called for the foul!!!

Was that the Maryland Center that you were referring to? :)

And the other call of us Blocking, when our guy was standing there for one second waiting on the player to get there.

The Refs were really up and down on this game tonight. I thought they let them play in some instances.... and made some
bad calls in others.

BUT!!!!! AT LEAST WE DIDN'T HAVE TV TEDDY!!!!!!!!!! LOL

This post was edited on 1/22 10:09 PM by Tscurlo

It actually wasn't...

The kid who fell onto Hoetzel and drew the foul was their better forward, who scored maybe 13...Jake whatever his name is. He's the one who said they just needed to take advantage of their match ups down low. The other one (Dodds) was so invisible you didn't even notice him. He couldn't guard anyone on our team, couldn't score on Hartman, and couldn't rebound. They took him out pretty quick and went mostly with Smotrycz and smaller lineups after that.

But yeah, both those calls bothered me...and the one where Yogi took an elbow to the face with no call, followed by a sketchy tripping call on Maryland 2 seconds later. And the guy who went over Yogi's back...that one wasn't good either.

Re: It actually wasn't...

I kept getting confused with Smotrycz and Layman. They were both 6'-9" and I thought they both had facial hair which made it harder for me to distinguish the two apart from one another.

The Yogi elbow was one of the call's that I thought they really missed.... like you said.... and I didn't really see the tripping foul either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT