ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland's hiring of Mike Locksley as HC

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Interesting hire, under the circumstances. He was 2-26 in his only previous HC gig at Mew Mexico and had 3 separate high-profile 'incidents', one of which was an alleged battery on an assistant coach which led to a lawsuit and $25000 settlement.

They believe he will be a very effective recruiter, and obviously can coach D, as he's Bama's D.C. This will be an interesting one to watch.

Interesting hire, under the circumstances. He was 2-26 in his only previous HC gig at Mew Mexico and had 3 separate high-profile 'incidents', one of which was an alleged battery on an assistant coach which led to a lawsuit and $25000 settlement.

They believe he will be a very effective recruiter, and obviously can coach D, as he's Bama's D.C. This will be an interesting one to watch.

He was Alabama's OC not DC. It also sounds like the AD was pressured to hire Locksley, as he is pretty well connected to the Maryland/DC athletic community. I'd say that there's a very good chance this blows up, probably not Durkin level though

Reactions: 76-1 and JohnsyRick

Interesting is kind. Delaney must be wondering what the hell was I thinking!

He was Alabama's OC not DC. It also sounds like the AD was pressured to hire Locksley, as he is pretty well connected to the Maryland/DC athletic community. I'd say that there's a very good chance this blows up, probably not Durkin level though

ESPNU is abusing them ... and making fun of Saban/Alabama.

They play "Touch Me In The Morning" and riff on how Saban touches people who suck at coaching and turns them into a brilliant coach who is then hired elsewhere.

Re-hiring Locksley is strange all around.

He has recruiting contacts in the area, so there's that ....

Otherwise, this is just a puzzler.

Maybe just keep the program alive while the lawsuit over the player death sorts out?

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT