ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
If we can’t beat this team at home...../

I just listened to Turgeon in a huddle. I’d rather my kid play for Tom Crean. Turgeon sounded like a guy who has no clue what he’s talking about.

“Pass the ball around untill we find an open shooter. If your open, shoot it! We have to make shots.”

Brilliance.

Reactions: ufo33
Maryland has been impressive year in and year out in the Big. Not sure what you base any of your post on. I’d say your gas lighting for a loss.

“Impressive?”

How many Big Ten Championships? How many trips past the 2nd round of the tournament?

Turgeon sucks.

It’s Maryland, you miserable fk, Jesus Christ if your not bitching about IU it’s anything you can grasp at. Anything at all.
WTF do you care for anyway, oh wait that’s right. Your gas lighting.
Your as bad as the never Trumpers. Moronic incompetent ignorant tool.

It’s Maryland, you miserable fk, Jesus Christ if your not bitching about IU it’s anything you can grasp at. Anything at all.
WTF do you care for anyway, oh wait that’s right. Your gas lighting.
Your as bad as the never Trumpers. Moronic incompetent ignorant tool.

I’m not gas lighting. I’m just tired of hearing about how great Maryland is year in and year out.

I’m not gas lighting. I’m just tired of hearing about how great Maryland is year in and year out.

Well, despite you being tired of it, it doesn't change the fact that they have been pretty solid, in the upper third of the conference for the most part since joining. They may not have won the conference, but they've been "good". But, I agree, this team needs to defend it's home court. We need to win 1 of either MSU or MD, and both would be great. MD is the more likely W in my mind, so we should beat them at home, but either of those will be big wins.

A few weeks ago, 6 of the top 25 ranked high school teams in the nation are in Maryland's backyard. And by backyard I mean you could run a 10K from most WCAC high schools to Maryland's campus.

If Maryland gets a better coach, they'd be a powerhouse.

If we can’t beat this team at home...../

I just listened to Turgeon in a huddle. I’d rather my kid play for Tom Crean. Turgeon sounded like a guy who has no clue what he’s talking about.

Watching the NW game......there's no dynamic personality on the floor. They can be as good as anybody when they give great effort.....that doesn't seem to happen very often. I agree MT is a dud, but he's in a recruiting hub and gets enough good players to be a threat.

Well, despite you being tired of it, it doesn't change the fact that they have been pretty solid, in the upper third of the conference for the most part since joining. They may not have won the conference, but they've been "good". But, I agree, this team needs to defend it's home court. We need to win 1 of either MSU or MD, and both would be great. MD is the more likely W in my mind, so we should beat them at home, but either of those will be big wins.
They finished 2, 3, 3, 8 and 5 in the regular season so they've been better than most of the B1G every year except one. That's good.

Reactions: kkott
Watching the NW game......there's no dynamic personality on the floor. They can be as good as anybody when they give great effort.....that doesn't seem to happen very often. I agree MT is a dud, but he's in a recruiting hub and gets enough good players to be a threat.

Jalen Smith looks pretty dynamic to me and I think he's thought to be an excellent NBA prospect with his size and shooting range. 14.5/9.5/2blocks a game and shooting 39% from 3. Looks goofy with the glasses/goggles, but I would consider him dynamic. Not first team all conference #s with the strength of some other post players, but I would think 2nd probably or maybe 3rd team?

Had 25/11 last night... but I think I heard 21 in the 2nd half. Was that dynamic enough?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Jalen Smith looks pretty dynamic to me and I think he's thought to be an excellent NBA prospect with his size and shooting range. 14.5/9.5/2blocks a game and shooting 39% from 3. Looks goofy with the glasses/goggles, but I would consider him dynamic. Not first team all conference #s with the strength of some other post players, but I would think 2nd probably or maybe 3rd team?

Had 25/11 last night... but I think I heard 21 in the 2nd half. Was that dynamic enough?

Sticks is a stud. He’ll be a touch matchup for us.

He's very good......by not 'dynamic' I meant not exhibiting passion/leadership. As a whole, they are very laid back, and take a lot of time off on the court..........to that point, NW was their first road win of the year.

He's very good......by not 'dynamic' I meant not exhibiting passion/leadership. As a whole, they are very laid back, and take a lot of time off on the court..........to that point, NW was their first road win of the year.

Well, let's hope we don't make them look dynamic then! Not exactly our strong suit either. I think we'd have at least 2 more wins if we had a dynamic player then!

Well, let's hope we don't make them look dynamic then! Not exactly our strong suit either. I think we'd have at least 2 more wins if we had a dynamic player then!

"Calm" teams: MD; IU; OSU; Iowa (with JB gone); PSU; Michigan; Minnesota; Nebraska

More passionate teams: ILL; Rutgers; Purdue; MSU; Wisconsin; Northwestern

Since joining the Big 10, Maryland has been better than I thought overall. They have disappointed a few times relative to talent level, but I'm wondering if that might have more to do with them being pretty inexperienced most years compared to the rest of the league. Here are some stats I gathered from sports-reference going back to Maryland's first season in the Big 10. Notice that their talent level has been right in line with the top recruiting schools, but their experience level was dead last.

Since%2BMaryland.PNG

The MD grads that I know are not fans of Turgeon. While there is a great amount of talent in the private school systems in the Baltimore and DC area, the MD folks don’t seem to feel they get their fair share.

Since joining the Big 10, Maryland has been better than I thought overall. They have disappointed a few times relative to talent level, but I'm wondering if that might have more to do with them being pretty inexperienced most years compared to the rest of the league. Here are some stats I gathered from sports-reference going back to Maryland's first season in the Big 10. Notice that their talent level has been right in line with the top recruiting schools, but their experience level was dead last.

Since%2BMaryland.PNG

Well, that's a pretty discouraging damn table.

Reactions: kkott

Since%2BMaryland.PNG
Interesting. Thanks for posting that!

Some of you over complicate things. Basketball isn’t rocket science. Coaching isn’t always about Xs and Os. In fact it rarely is.

Coaching is about recruiting the best players who will work hard in your system to improve and play together. It’s about keeping kids focused and on track. Motivating them properly. It’s not drawing up secret plays on a clipboard.

Players make plays. The coaches who surround themselves with the best players win more often than not. So expecting magical words of wisdom every timeout is just foolish.

ADVERTISEMENT