ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland-Minny

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
I let people talk me into thinking Maryland was going to be really bad this year. I shouldn't have listened. I'm not saying they are good but they are not a dumpster fire as many were thinking they would be. With a QB like Taulia Tagovailoa they are going to be in a lot of games. No disrespect to Mike Locksley but I don't think they are very well coached and much of their struggles are self-imposed. They have good Big Ten players.

Now obviously the question arises - how bad is Minnesota? How much of tonight was Minnesota not being as good as we thought? How do you go from winning 11 games to looking this pedestrian? It's been a weird year and there are still six games to play but it goes to show how fragile success can be. Which is precisely why I was so hacked off (and not simply brimming with optimism) after the Gator Bowl in January. Nothing is guaranteed and when you miss opportunities you never know how long it will be until you get one again.

I let people talk me into thinking Maryland was going to be really bad this year. I shouldn't have listened. I'm not saying they are good but they are not a dumpster fire as many were thinking they would be. With a QB like Taulia Tagovailoa they are going to be in a lot of games. No disrespect to Mike Locksley but I don't think they are very well coached and much of there struggles are self-imposed. They have good Big Ten players.

Now obviously the question arises - how bad is Minnesota? How much of tonight was Minnesota not being as good as we thought? How do you go from winning 11 games to looking this pedestrian? It's been a weird year and there are still six games to play but it goes to show how fragile success can be. Which is precisely why I was so hacked off (and not simply brimming with optimism) after the Gator Bowl in January. Nothing is guaranteed and when you miss opportunities you never know how long it will be until you get one again.
I didn't expect minny to lose to Maryland, bit you knew they wouldn't be good. I had them pegged for a .500 team. They were lucky as crap last year. Not sad to see them lose though!

I didn't expect minny to lose to Maryland, bit you knew they wouldn't be good. I had them pegged for a .500 team. They were lucky as crap last year. Not sad to see them lose though!
Yeah I mean there was basically no time last year when I didn't feel their stock was overvalued so-to-speak. But then they just kept winning so I kept asking myself if I was being stubborn and was stuck in an old paradigm. But now they are 0-2 and defensively look about as effective as those brown paper towels in public restrooms, made from the least absorbent material on the face of the earth.

Reactions: 82IU
Yeah I mean there was basically no time last year when I didn't feel their stock was overvalued so-to-speak. But then they just kept winning so I kept asking myself if I was being stubborn and was stuck in an old paradigm. But now they are 0-2 and defensively look about as effective as those brown paper towels in public restrooms, made from the least absorbent material on the face of the earth.
Last year was wild. 7-1 in one possession games for them. Should have lost 2 of the first 3.

Reactions: daddyhoosier
Tualia looked really good. Accurate with plenty of arm strength. Scrambled well, extended the play and completed passes. He will be tough to sack.
Funk #34 ran great. 221 yds on 20 carries in regulation. He has to be stopped somehow.
Should be a tough game for us.

Minny should have gone for two. Second string kicker under pressure and their D was on it's heels.

Fleckfail

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT