ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland coach out !

Pure speculation here (and I have no sources at all) but this makes me wonder if Kevin Plank was pushing for Durkin to be retained and the Board of Regents wanted to keep the Under Armour cash flowing. I can't imagine any other scenario under which anyone connected with UMd would have thought it was a good idea to keep him around.

How in the world did they not realize the backlash retaining him would generate.

Reactions: IUgradman and 76-1
My first thought is that this will somehow fire up the Maryland players to come into Memorial Stadium and kick our a$$es.

Our program rarely misses an opportunity to allow a new freshman QB or an interim coach to have a good day at our expense. I hope our players can see a desperate team is coming in and we might want to play with a little more fire and focus.

My first thought is that this will somehow fire up the Maryland players to come into Memorial Stadium and kick our a$$es.

Our program rarely misses an opportunity to allow a new freshman QB or an interim coach to have a good day at our expense. I hope our players can see a desperate team is coming in and we might want to play with a little more fire and focus.
A player died (died) on a HC's watch, and the HC was fired. I can't see how this would have any impact whatsoever on the motivation of Maryland's players.

That said, Maryland is the better team and it's unlikely we'll beat them.

We’ll make their QB look like a Heisman front-runner by the end of the game. We always do with opposing backup QBs. It’s IU. It’s what we do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT